Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
*sighs*

I don't want to feel like I'm being a downer here but Nintendo of Europe announced the release date of Mario and Luigi Paper Jam which is on 12/4/15 on their Twitter account. That could have easily been announced through a Nintendo Direct. I have a feeling we might not get one tomorrow but who knows? Personally I would love to be wrong in the end.
They always announced stuff outside of Directs, this doesn't affect the likeness of a Direct soon. Twilight Princess HD's ID is already listed on the eShop, which means the game is planned to be released soon and I doubt they will announce the game on twitter. Then there's the fact the last time we got meaningful Smash DLC news was four months ago, they also have to announce dates for the unreleased amiibos and talk about holiday releases. There's a lot to cover without a direct. That isn't even counting the potential Octolings update for Splatoon.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I think we'll get the best of both, eventually. Some scratching of octoling info in this game, and maybe something dire will happen in octo valley/inkopolis, and it'll be up to the octolings to help next time. if they just intro them as friendlies, with a bit of background info, but not give too much detail on their society as a whole (they still might not trust each other), that might be a good compromise.
Or they have the same plot like halo 2 had
maybe.. but im not sure

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Don't get too excited but... a new direct may be coming soon.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244777-japan-private-video-listing-pops-up-in-nintendo-s-nintendo-dir

It states that it's an old direct video that went private but I don't believe that. Why would you just randomly make a video of yours private, especially a DIRECT of all things. Something clearly has gone wrong in happy go lucky world of Nintendo. But take it with a grain of salt, this doesn't confirm anything yet. But why now are they messing with their archives of their Directs? Doesn't make sense unless you have one coming up or Nintendo's just insane.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Admitably, it is funny how everyone so far has started jumping the gun at every little thing Nintendo does. It's like a child waiting for his/her presents. It would be cute if it wasn't so funny~ I'm just letting what happens, happen. All this excitement and hype will calm down pretty soon anyway. So yeah.
Yeah, what if this maintenance is, say, to completely redo matchmaking formulas all across the board? What if it's just to increase the amount of servers or server capacity, as Nintendo's servers are known to crash whenever something becomes more popular than expected? What if they're relocating a server originally planneds for an online battle mode for Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and assigning it for Pokémon Z Version?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I don't know what's the point in the long maintenance, but it's for something. As for what, I can't say. I do agree with Emily though and It's just a wait and see situation. Though I won't lie, I am hyped for the potential Octolings.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
When the maintenance comes and goes and turns out to just be an infrastructure upgrade, I'm going to forget to laugh.

Also, the octolings have left splatnet.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I always find weird when people come to hype threads to say they will laugh or whatever if the hype ends up in disappointment. Like, what's the point?

Edit: From what I was reading on NeoGAF, maintenance usually doesn't last as long as the next scheduled maintenance, unless Nintendo is planning to update games/eShop with new content.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
When the maintenance comes and goes and turns out to just be an infrastructure upgrade, I'm going to forget to laugh.
Why laugh? That'll be great for those who can't seem to handle a stable connection in Splatoon.

Anyway, speculation time is over for me. I'll just keep a watch and see what Nintendo will do, if anything at all. This maintenance may not bring any news at all. I'm not hyping myself over the unknown.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The only hope now is that Nintendo finished the Octoling data and are hiding it in 2.2.0 and reveal it at a later date. We'll find out if they did from our old buddy, Nikki.

This update is mostly addressing bug fixes and thank Zap Fish, Weapon Balancing. If they want to prevent any more Octoling Hackers, they either remove the variable in the save file or finish the data that was causing the crash in the plaza in the first place. We'll find out on the 20th, unless Nintendo announces them before that, but that's a "wait and see".

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Nikki did say there were 251 MB required for the update, although maybe nintendo will do what they did with 2.1.0 and just remove the unnecessary chunks for later use

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Nikki did say there were 251 MB required for the update, although maybe nintendo will do what they did with 2.1.0 and just remove the unnecessary chunks for later use
I can see them removing data from the game just to prevent the Octoling Hackers. But 251 MB is not small. Let's see what Nikki finds when 2.2.0 comes out. I'm just super glad we got some proper weapon balancing.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I can see them removing data from the game just to prevent the Octoling Hackers. But 251 MB is not small. Let's see what Nikki finds when 2.2.0 comes out. I'm just super glad we got some proper weapon balancing.
yeah i agree the rollers snipers and blaster (mainly the the stronger ones) were annoying to deal with

but won't the balancing be less than 100 mb cause it's just balancing stuff unless they are gonna balance the maps as well

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
yeah i agree the rollers snipers and blaster (mainly the the stronger ones) were annoying to deal with

but won't the balancing be less than 100 mb cause it's just balancing stuff unless they are gonna balance the maps as well
Logically, balancing and small map fixes shouldn't take that much data so something may be in there, maybe not. We'll have to see if Nikki found anything interesting.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Logically, balancing and small map fixes shouldn't take that much data so something may be in there, maybe not. We'll have to see if Nikki found anything interesting.
yep we will just have to wait

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
does anyone think that the 2.2.0 update will only be the balance and thats it? ;-;
cause the maintenance shouldn't be that long right?
maybe. we'll have to wait and see if anything's snuck into the patch. until then, this thread might go dormant. not much else to report on yet. but mind you this... if a hint of updated octoling info comes, I'll be resurrecting this thread from the bowels of squidboard's archives. all we can do now, is wait.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Thank you Aqua.

And thank you based Nintendo for buffing brushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom