• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Yeah if we keep bugging Nikki it will irritate her. It's not like we will know the answer any faster by doing that. Besides we only have to wait until around January for the big reveal. :D
Now Nintendo, I condone bugging them. Even if it obviously doesn't matter.
"Yo, Nintendo, when you gonna release Half Life 3- I mean playable Octolings?"

(Don't say anything about Nintendo not being like Valve, let me have this joke. :U)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now Nintendo, I condone bugging them. Even if it obviously doesn't matter.
"Yo, Nintendo, when you gonna release Half Life 3- I mean playable Octolings?"

(Don't say anything about Nintendo not being like Valve, let me have this joke. :U)
Hey, at least they aren't delaying Splat2n every time someone cracks the "Worth the WEIGHT" joke.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I don't know Japanese, but according to /r/Splatoon, it's just talking about how a life sized replica of the Inkzooka and I think a Carbon roller will be shown at a convention or something. Nothing to get excited over, sorry.
Ah, lol, guess I should have checked there before jumping the gun.

It's just done in a "new weapon" style, had me worried for a second.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I quote:
when the august update hit, there were 40 mbs of unused data that were installed to the splatoon base. noone outside of dataminers knows what's in it, but we know that 40 mbs of data was NOT used for patches, current stages, gear etc. now if you remember, the 2.2 update introduced all new clothing, stages, and the massive balance patch that ushered in stacking rollers and chargers. that 40mbs has been in there since. and even with all the combined clothing and stages released TO THIS DATE, there is still about 20 mbs floating around that does not apply to any other data.
that's the last i heard
now what could be in this data, anyone's guess. but i'm guessing all that is related to the final uppdate.
even if less data than that is not accounted for, less than 20 mb can still contain all the clothing, stages, and player info for the game to date.
maybe it's been bumped up, but all the clothing and stage data is very efficient, and takes up that much space

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Paragon-Yoshi
Who said that, Nikki?

...so what I'm getting from that is that all the current gear, weapons, and maps can fit into 20 megabytes. I find that rather hard to believe; is there someone with more tech knowledge than I who can explain that for me?

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

So, back on the hype train?

Rough Google translate:
Tomorrow [announcement] 1/20 see updated data (Ver.2.5.0) will be delivered. Due to the delivery 9:50-during the 11: 00 service unavailable due to server maintenance. This update will update with bug fixes mostly.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
"We apologize for the fingers are now placed in the customers"
Honestly, this is what I'm expecting now. Nintendo's going to shove finders down our throats just for the "heinous crime" of asking for playable Octolings, and they won't let go. Ever.

At least they chose not to shove them elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom