• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
My guess is players were using the rotating scaffolds to jump to levels they can't otherwise get to.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
"apt Scaffold rule" is just a bad way of translating Tower Control. Besides I made a thread and someone posted the english patch notes

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I guess she did, if this tweet's anything to go by
then again, it could just be more nintendo bs Nikki really needs to stop doing that

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I remember back during the Octohacker Panic I had joked on Miiverse about how the Octoling data was going to join Mewtwo's custom moves; that is, it would be taken out of the game in the weeks following the panic.

...I know very well that it's too early to be saying this, but... I guess it took longer for that to happen than I'd thought.

AriasFantasy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ariasfantasy
do you think maybe they're suing her?
Nah, probably not. Nindy's not really the suing type. Maybe she's referencing her earlier tweet, "Frowns because I have no idea what could need 124MB other than the things I've seen in 2.4.0, or a few map models updated"
She might've found out what that data is for

edit: html is weird

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
no, she can't download it, that's what she means, and she thinks nintendo's banning her from downloading it.
not only banned from online, but banned from obtaining the data too.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
apparently said not so in an earlier tweet but it was one of the private accounts.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Wait, isn't that part of being console banned? I understood it as essentially your NNID being totally locked out of being able to access Nintendo's servers unless you reset it to a new console. No internet, DLC, eShop, nothing. Only disks and what was already downloaded.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
As far as I understand it they use tools to download things even while banned so that didn't matter, it just means no normal online functionality.
Manual tools that do that work.

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.
Having spoken to Nikki on her personal, it seems she's no longer hopeful for octolings being playable.

I just suppose we'll see when the end of January hits. Octolings may just end up being in Spla2n, if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom