Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
There's actually a video of that floating around. Their tentacles are curled up like a handlebar moustache, and their color scheme is a bit different.

I'll edit this with the video link when I find it.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Speaking of having the Octoling do any of you think there will headgear that will only be for the octoling but not the inklings?

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I doubt it.
Most likely the placement will be different to fit the Octolings "Bigger Hair".
Simplest way to fix the clipping issues.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Speaking of having the Octoling do any of you think there will headgear that will only be for the octoling but not the inklings?
Not unless the replacement gear has the same main abilities as the original. Though I can easily see the Squid Girl gear being replaced by Tanabe Kozue's outfit.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Alright then. : 3

PEACE HUG!
Dang, that's adorable~! It helped brighten up my mood, 'cause I had an awful night yesterday. Thank you for that.

As for the Kraken, there isn't a Kraken model for the Octolings just yet. And they're obviously fitting all of the old hats on to the Octolings but it takes time making new models for each type of hat.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
So cute! x3
love takolamari... the sweetest, tastiest tentacled snack this side of inkopolis.

but yeah, the kraken hasn't been finished yet. it'll be cool to see a giant octopus on screen though. have kraken/krakenpus sumo matches, and whatnot.

Last edited:

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
Something is going to happen for sure. They wouldn't just be leaving hints everywhere for no reason. That would be a waste of money.

Edit: Oh, no! I just checked SplatNet, and all of my octopi in the background are gone! This can't be! :( Does anyone else still have them?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Something is going to happen for sure. They wouldn't just be leaving hints everywhere for no reason. That would be a waste of money.

It would be super fun to play as an Octoling, though! All they have to do is tweak some of the headgear and change things like the Kraken to an octopus. I wonder if there'll be male octolings.
Something tells me I doubt we'll see Male Octolings, but Nintendo is known for their surprises. And I'm sure work has been done with head gear and the Kraken for their playable debut or it won't be consistent quality. And the announcement is hopefully this week. They only got two more weeks and the teasing needs to stop, just tell us already!

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Dang, that's adorable~! It helped brighten up my mood, 'cause I had an awful night yesterday. Thank you for that.

As for the Kraken, there isn't a Kraken model for the Octolings just yet. And they're obviously fitting all of the old hats on to the Octolings but it takes time making new models for each type of hat.
That's awesome.
Glad I could help out. ^w^

But yeah, the signs are everywhere.
Playable Octolings become more and more obvious by the day.
It is only a matter of time now.

BTW: I heard the japanese site still has some Octoling-references, despite the swimming Squids being back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom