• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

saladjohn

Inkling
I'm still pretty fishy on why they're releasing two new weapons every week now. Are they planning something big in January hence why they're releasing two weapons anymore? And I hate that the new weapon we're getting tonight is yet another Slosher. I hate these weapons so much. <.<
I'm still pretty fishy on why they're releasing two new weapons every week now. Are they planning something big in January hence why they're releasing two weapons anymore? And I hate that the new weapon we're getting tonight is yet another Slosher. I hate these weapons so much. <.<
I'm confused too. Like the days that the weapons are released is practically a day apart. I hope something big comes in January too.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm still betting on Octopi related news on December. January is likely near the end of the updates, but I doubt it at this point.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
When it comes to adding new content, they'll most likely release paid DLC after the frequent updates are over with. We'll probably end up seeing playable Octolings as paid DLC maybe sometime next year. I'm speculating as usual here. :P

saladjohn

Inkling
i tried the sloshing machine it's pretty much a Blaster hybrid but with no burst at the end

and i have to say... It's not that good, in my eyes
It's actually pretty solid. It focuses more on rectile aiming so its not that easy of a weapon to use for people who use motion controls at a high sensitivity, since the camera swings around so rapidly that its hard to get a steady aim. Put some damage ups on and get a steady aim and the you will be a monster at the Sloshing Machine!

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
It's actually pretty solid. It focuses more on rectile aiming so its not that easy of a weapon to use for people who use motion controls at a high sensitivity, since the camera swings around so rapidly that its hard to get a steady aim. Put some damage ups on and get a steady aim and the you will be a monster at the Sloshing Machine!
yeah for motions and sticks it's fine but i rather use my octoshot lol but at least i tried it out though

but I'm not gonna waste my time on damage ups
that's what the blasters are for lol

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Good afternoon y'all
I don't have anything on Octolings today, but I'm playing Splatoon. Oh yeah, Burgers v Pizza for NA's Splatfest! Finally! I'm convinced that they delayed our Splatfest(not sure about EU) so we can have a Christmas Splatfest, as 3 weeks from the Splatfest will be the day after Christmas.
Didn't get to use the Sloshing Machine in battle, as I couldn't afford it :P It looks really interesting.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I would like to say that if Ninty keeps up the "Tuesday and Friday" release schedule they've been recently doing, they'll run out of content before December is even over. So I think we're getting a major update in December (With the Octolings finally being released into Inkopolis) with enough content such as new weapons and the last two unknown maps ("Office" and "Quarry") to last through January through weekly updates.

We only have 6 unreleased weapons and a unreleased map left in 2.3.0. I don't think they'll have the update when they got almost nothing left to release so mid-December is my educated guess.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I would like to say that if Ninty keeps up the "Tuesday and Friday" release schedule they've been recently doing, they'll run out of content before December is even over. So I think we're getting a major update in December (With the Octolings finally being released into Inkopolis) with enough content such as new weapons and the last two unknown maps ("Office" and "Quarry") to last through January through weekly updates.

We only have 6 unreleased weapons and a unreleased map left in 2.3.0. I don't think they'll have the update when they got almost nothing left to release so mid-December is my educated guess.
Maybe in time for the next Splatfest? I mean, we're all pretty sure that Mahi Mahi Resort will be released on the 4th. And hopefully they manage the weapon releases appropriately.
EDIT: I have no clue what that was -.- I was writing more but deleted it so I guess that happened. adage was supposed to be manage

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Except for the first Splatfest, there has never been more than one stage released between Splatfests. I think Mahi-Mahi Resort will come out after this following Splatfest.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
This is old news by now.
However, here is a Tumblr post from one of the dataminers.
http://drlilrobot.tumblr.com/post/125979779643/they-added-more-faces-to-the-octoling-to-match-up

Unfortunately, NWPlayer no longer has her old streaming videos up on Twitch.
Otherwise, you could compare these older videos, with the one I posted earlier this evening.
They would show the difference clear as day.

Too bad @NWPlayer123 doesn't seem to be active around here anymore.
She could clearly testify to this.
Yes, Robot and I both found it. I think I have most streams backed up, just not up as VODs.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Ok. since the eyes seem to be partly updated, what about a "To do List"?

The "To Do List" of things yet to be updated are:
- Head-Gear clipping (Doh)
- Fixing some Glasses for Octo-Eyes.
- Respawn Animations
- Power-Up Hair animation on Full Special Gauge
- Octo-Voices for player

Did I miss out anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom