• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I really hope this isn't the wrong thread to be posting this in, but here's some quick fanart I drew up of @Agent Z 's Octoling character.

I'm preparing busily for a trip, so I'm sorry if this looks a bit rushed. I'm personally decently proud of it, especially for this being my first time ever drawing some sort of Octoling character, and it only took just over an hour.
Woomy!

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
For anyone who's ever been following my brother's artwork here or elsewhere that he posts them, I just thought I should let you know he's been going through some tough times on Miiverse as of late. He's kind of on the fence about continuing his artwork/drawing and Miiverse postings/drawings. What are your thoughts so I can pass them on to him? (FYI, he'd make this post himself except he doesn't have an account AND he doesn't want to at the moment.)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
For anyone who's ever been following my brother's artwork here or elsewhere that he posts them, I just thought I should let you know he's been going through some tough times on Miiverse as of late. He's kind of on the fence about continuing his artwork/drawing and Miiverse postings/drawings. What are your thoughts so I can pass them on to him? (FYI, he'd make this post himself except he doesn't have an account AND he doesn't want to at the moment.)
While I haven't followed his art since the beginning, since I kinda just moved into this thread, I find it enjoyable. Sometimes it's just charming, others it gets me to chuckle a little, and sometimes it actually points out something I hadn't thought of (his last one you posted, the second row, first column, thought that was funny).

Overall, I'd enjoy seeing more. Like I said, what he does is simple, but pretty cool and funny as well. But if he feels it's best to stop, for whatever reason, then he should. He knows what's best.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
While I haven't followed his art since the beginning, since I kinda just moved into this thread, I find it enjoyable. Sometimes it's just charming, others it gets me to chuckle a little, and sometimes it actually points out something I hadn't thought of (his last one you posted, the second row, first column, thought that was funny).

Overall, I'd enjoy seeing more. Like I said, what he does is simple, but pretty cool and funny as well. But if he feels it's best to stop, for whatever reason, then he should. He knows what's best.
Thanks! I passed the word along to him; he says he's glad someone (besides me) likes his drawings. I'm sure he'll be making a decision soon as to what he plans to do.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Thanks! I passed the word along to him; he says he's glad someone (besides me) likes his drawings. I'm sure he'll be making a decision soon as to what he plans to do.
Sounds good. I'm sure he will do what he thinks is best. And I look forward to seeing more of his art, if that's what he decides. :)

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Here's a mockup I started a while ago but never got very far. This complies with SNES limitations. The status bar would ideally be made out of sprites as not to waste a BG layer, but it leaves only 72 pixels horizontally (using 8x8 and 16x16 sized sprites) for sprites there. (You would have 120 pixels for ranked modes, as you don't need the point counter.) Player customization would be a disaster to implement if possible at all; (lots of layering in software) each character (in human form) would need their own palette, (along with a standard palette for hair color and ink tank that could be shared for bombs) even though there's only 8 color palettes for sprites total. However, it is possible to change colors per scanline, which means you could devise a system where color palettes used for sprites at the top of the screen are changed for sprites further down. (Colors would still be incorrect if more than 8 sprites with a different palette were on the same line horizontally, but that likely won't happen.) Ink would probably be a 2bpp "bitmap" (layer composed of all unique tiles) over a another layer. The entirety of the ink map likely would not be able to fit into SNES ram, so there would have to be extra ram in the cart. This would leave either three 2bpp layers, two 4bpp layers, or one 8bpp layer depending on the bg mode. At least one additional layer will need to be used for the ground.

SNES Splatoon.png

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
A very rough drawing of Agent Zealous. Done in about 10 minutes. I just felt like drawing the trench coat so I did this. I forgot the Ink splatters too >_<

Attachments

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
My brother decided to stay on miiverse, but now has comments set to friends only. Here's his latest posts (two links). If you do send him a request, please tell him that you found him through me on squidboards. ;)
Cool, thanks for the update. I'll send a request to both of you once I'm able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom