• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Guess I'll post this here, even though I've been using it as my avatar for my new alias Splash Productions, but it's fan art nonetheless. I'm a relatively new graphic artist however and I'm still getting used to my tablet because before I did vector designs with a mouse for about 3 years, so this one is a bit rough round the edges. I plan on doing more however.

Banquise

Inkling
In a small box, on it's way to your door.
Hi, i'm 13 and I started 3D artwork about 5 years ago.
I recently stared doing Splatoon artwork since the reveal of Splatoon 2 (Which is hype as hell btw)
The first two I did was the inkling male and inkling female from the boxart
upload_2017-2-5_8-50-35.png

My first piece of **** here is the inkling male. This really needs to be remade, as its mostly just a modification of the inkling male from splatoon 1, and I think I could put more effort into it.
upload_2017-2-5_8-49-23.png

This is the inking female model, which is even more of a edit than the inkling male model was. It's really only a recolored squid girl outfit with some new hair. I didnt even bother replacing the eye textures :/ (The transparency doesn't work until rendered btw)

upload_2017-2-5_8-54-3.png

Here's the first Splat Dualies model I made, only one day after the trailer for splatoon 2 dropped. I didn't put much effort into it. It only took me about 30 minutes.

upload_2017-2-5_8-58-16.png

I realized how bad the old one was so I decided to remake it. This one took much longer and I put alot more love into it. Although I still think I could do better.

upload_2017-2-5_8-59-37.png

Meet Asher :D
After a while I thought "Hey, why not make a model of my splatoon character?"
It was pretty simple, but I put alot of effort into it as I didn't want it to look as bad as my first two.
This time I decided to UV map the tentacles to the original splatoon textures, and instead of using textures for the black eyelid things (?) I decided to model them out myself, and add a good material to them!

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
Hi, i'm 13 and I started 3D artwork about 5 years ago.
I recently stared doing Splatoon artwork since the reveal of Splatoon 2 (Which is hype as hell btw)
The first two I did was the inkling male and inkling female from the boxart
View attachment 4722
My first piece of **** here is the inkling male. This really needs to be remade, as its mostly just a modification of the inkling male from splatoon 1, and I think I could put more effort into it.
View attachment 4721
This is the inking female model, which is even more of a edit than the inkling male model was. It's really only a recolored squid girl outfit with some new hair. I didnt even bother replacing the eye textures :/ (The transparency doesn't work until rendered btw)

View attachment 4723
Here's the first Splat Dualies model I made, only one day after the trailer for splatoon 2 dropped. I didn't put much effort into it. It only took me about 30 minutes.

View attachment 4724
I realized how bad the old one was so I decided to remake it. This one took much longer and I put alot more love into it. Although I still think I could do better.

View attachment 4725
Meet Asher :D
After a while I thought "Hey, why not make a model of my splatoon character?"
It was pretty simple, but I put alot of effort into it as I didn't want it to look as bad as my first two.
This time I decided to UV map the tentacles to the original splatoon textures, and instead of using textures for the black eyelid things (?) I decided to model them out myself, and add a good material to them!
This is impressive!

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Drew a full bodied version of my avatar for Splash Productions. First full bodied anything I've really drawn with a tablet as of yet. Really happy with how it turned out, took me about 5 days to finish.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Here's my brother's latest montage of drawings. As before you can follow him on Miiverse for more drawings and fun! (If you want to follow me you can find me on Miiverse, too.) (For the record, he doesn't follow the ink scrolls lore in how octolings and inklings looked as kids, fyi.)

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Did another re-design of my avatar. Had this one done for a while actually, but I lost internet and just now got it back.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I've been looking for a thread like this, seems it's finally time to share some of my artwork.

Here's 2-3 anatomy sketches, first in order to get the figure down. When I draw inklings I usually copy a few of the official poses/artwork. Here we have a few Splatoon 2 ones I just doodled.

Loadouts are also fun to draw. I wanted to do the Goggles and Inky Rider, so I drew them on a blank boring Inkling. Then I tried doing a pose, in a cartoon style. It looked cute and unique, but I wanted a result that looked more like the game.

Aaand here's the final doodle. The pose was based off the N-Zap victory, but I tilted the head and simplified it. I think it ended up looking cute, but I'm open to any and all criticism for future doodles.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'm back from the dead (b-b-b-b-b-b-b-back) and I did a lot of redrawing recently. If Squidboards works with me, I'd show off some of them.

Ah! There we go!
I literally finished this just last night. Here's Talia 'Elise' Yareli!

I'm going with a more sketchy look overall nowadays.
Compare with the first time I drew her (July of last year)
Dang it Squidboards
But I'm pretty sure it's on here somewhere
(Page 19 of the Nintendo Art Thread and Chatroom)

Attachments

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I love the style Splatoon has involving ink and whatnot, so sometimes I go nuts making abstract works with it. Here's one I did not too long ago.

Additional Bonus: I wasn't feeling well one day so I drew a quick Rider from CoroCoro Splatoon.

I'm working on doing some things in color, I swear. Soon.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Here's my brother's latest montage of drawings. As before you can follow him on Miiverse for more drawings and fun! (If you want to follow me you can find me on Miiverse, too.) (For the record, he doesn't follow the ink scrolls lore in how octolings looked as kids, fyi.)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I decided to do a mild practice of doing some clean line art. Ended up coloring it in grayscale as well. Was also practicing mixing my style with a slight hint of the source material for Rider here.

After that I wanted go for a 2nd, but my lazy eye started to act up as per usual...making focusing on fine details difficult. So I opted for a quick, messy abstract graffiti to end things off with.

Not a bad session, I think. But boy do I hate my lazy eye acting up sometimes...

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I'd post here, but I have yet to draw any sort of Splatoon Fanart, Ha ha ha!
Looking through this thread, I've been given the impression that it is Splatoon Fanart only, but everyone's drawings looks incredible!

....Or should I say, Inkredible.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I've been given the impression that it is Splatoon Fanart only
Well, the thread title does say "Splatoon Fan Art" ...so it's a safe bet I think (and it was also my first assumption, too).

Always great to see some fresh fan works here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom