• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokémon Social: Tentacruel Version

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Is it possible to play Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon with broken L/R buttons?

Probably should've asked this BEFORE I bought it. >.<

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Is it possible to play Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon with broken L/R buttons?

Probably should've asked this BEFORE I bought it. >.<
I tried to see if I can change the controls or if there is some way to do it by touch screen but no such luck.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Pokémon Picross will be released tommorow. I'm not that excited. I just want proper spin-offs or a new main title, no cheap pay to play games.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm not too fond of Pokemon Picross ever since they revealed it during Nintendo's last Direct. After Pokemon Shuffle & Pokemon Rumble World, I'm done playing F2P Pokemon games.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Decided to start some speedruns. I usually try to fill out the Dex, but I'm going to take a shot at doing a 1 or 2 poke run in each game. I was doing Plat until I had to retire my 3DS. Now I'm going to try a Squirtle run in Blue and a Totodile run in Silver.

Has anyone here tried this? Got any recommendation for the other games? Chimchar or Kazza in Plat is a no-brainer. What's a good solo Poke for R/S/E, White, and X?

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I've only done a single 'mon run in Fire Red and again in Y version. Both with Charmander as my starter (in Y, I traded in a shiny Charmander I had just hatched).

The difference in challenge was depending on how overleveled you were, your Pokemon won't listen to you until you get the right badge. Had a really close call in Y since I already had Charizard by the Rock Gym, 4x weakness + no guarantee of it listening is a nightmare to go through.

IIRC, it was much easier in Fire Red, and I eventually picked up Eevee/made it evolve into Vaporeon in order to Surf around. In Y, I just brought underleveled HM slaves (Lapras and I think Steelix) and used Solo 'Zard when actually battling.

-

In other news, new reveal for Pokemon apparently happening on December 10th.

Not so coincidentally perhaps, but the same day in the anime, Ash gets his Greninja.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm not too fond of Pokemon Picross ever since they revealed it during Nintendo's last Direct. After Pokemon Shuffle & Pokemon Rumble World, I'm done playing F2P Pokemon games.
My reaction to Picross in the direct was word-for-word "ANOTHER free-to-play Pokemon game!? This is the third one!!" man I got salty at that announcement. It doesn't even look good. I spent $30 on Rumble World just to "Buy" the game and then a couple of months later, my 3DS broke killing my save and $30. I will never pay for another "free-to-start" BS again since I want my $30 back and I'll never get it back. *Sigh*

Decided to start some speedruns. I usually try to fill out the Dex, but I'm going to take a shot at doing a 1 or 2 poke run in each game. I was doing Plat until I had to retire my 3DS. Now I'm going to try a Squirtle run in Blue and a Totodile run in Silver.

Has anyone here tried this? Got any recommendation for the other games? Chimchar or Kazza in Plat is a no-brainer. What's a good solo Poke for R/S/E, White, and X?
In X, getting a Fletchling in the beginning is really important if you ask me. Talonflame is not to be messed with and he serves as a way to fly in that game on top of having a decent moveset. He also serves a decent fire type if you didn't pick Fennekin. If you want a dragon type later, look no further than Gible, who becomes Garchomp at the end.

At one point I'll go back and actually beat Soul Silver and White since I never beat Soul Silver and all of my Pokemon that I cared for in While is now in Omega Ruby at this point. I should do that soon actually...

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Thanks for the input. I'm tempted to try a Bublasaur run in Blue. I haven't played Gen I in a long time, but I remember it having a type advantage over most gym leaders, and good type resistance throughout most of the game. I was toying with Squirtle mostly because I'll need a surfer and it can learn that and use it effective in battle. We'll see.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Bulbasaur is pretty darn cool. It's been eons since I played a Gen I game but Bulbasaur makes Brock and Misty deal able (who has strong Pokemon that early) early on which means more time to build a great team so they can cover Bulbasaur's weaknesses not only that, Bulbasaur will also resist electric types so Raichu won't be too much of a problem if you play it right. Squirtle can surf, but so can many water types. More people needs to give Bulbasaur some love anyway.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Bulbasaur is pretty darn cool. It's been eons since I played a Gen I game but Bulbasaur makes Brock and Misty deal able (who has strong Pokemon that early) early on which means more time to build a great team so they can cover Bulbasaur's weaknesses not only that, Bulbasaur will also resist electric types so Raichu won't be too much of a problem if you play it right. Squirtle can surf, but so can many water types. More people needs to give Bulbasaur some love anyway.
I've always enjoyed Grass type (Own Tempo Lilligant was my workhorse until I got Haxorus in Black/White). First, Erika (the Grass Gym) is really hot. Second, I always enjoy using Stat effects to screw my opponents over. Don't do that much in modern Pkmn games where Dancing Haxorus or Volcarona can one shot virtually anything you put in front of them.

I think a Bulbasaur/Haunter or Kadabra would make for a great 2 Pokerun. I could also stick with the Grass theme and solo with Bulba until I get Eggxecutor. Hm...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I've always enjoyed Grass type (Own Tempo Lilligant was my workhorse until I got Haxorus in Black/White). First, Erika (the Grass Gym) is really hot. Second, I always enjoy using Stat effects to screw my opponents over. Don't do that much in modern Pkmn games where Dancing Haxorus or Volcarona can one shot virtually anything you put in front of them.

I think a Bulbasaur/Haunter or Kadabra would make for a great 2 Pokerun. I could also stick with the Grass theme and solo with Bulba until I get Eggxecutor. Hm...
Kadabra is a must, due to how hilariously broken the Psychic type is in Gen I, Haunter isn't a bad choice either but I don't know how good he is in Gen I but he sounds fine, he has confuse ray, which makes trolling the AI really funny. The one gym leader to fear is when you reach Sabrina. If you decide on Bulba and Ghastly, have fun with Ghost being weak to Psychic in Gen I. I'd say Kadabra is better for that reason. Kadabra is also good for Blaine too.

If you want to do that, sure. I would say Bulba and Kadabra for the reasons stated above.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Looks like the Gen 1 games will be hitting the 3DS Feb 2016 for those who don't want to use emulators and/or haven't replaced the save battery in your cartridges. Now if we can just get them on the Wii U...

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Looks like the Gen 1 games will be hitting the 3DS Feb 2016 for those who don't want to use emulators and/or haven't replaced the save battery in your cartridges. Now if we can just get them on the Wii U...
Correction* on your 3ds

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I want to start make acompetitive team. where to start, talonflame, greninja or soft reset for a good rayquaza for VGC2016?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom