• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Poll: Squid Sisters vs. Off The Hook!

Squid Sisters or Off The Hook?

• Squid Sisters!

Votes: 161 65.2%
  • Off The Hook!

Votes: 86 34.8%

• Total voters

It's the face-off of the century!

Take your picks! Which Inkopolis idol group stands above the rest?

Is it the splendidly spectacular Squid Sisters?

Or do you have an outstanding obsession with Off The Hook?

Tell us which duo is your favorite, or which you think is the best! Sound off in the comments below with your thoughts.

Until next time...well, you know what to do!

TheRapture

Comments

Touche. I'll have to try the original game out and see if I can see your side. :) I have just recently gotten back into gaming, and I missed the whole Splatoon thing.
It's simple math really. Would you rather have both be super cute and funny, or have one be super cute and funny and the other be Pearl?

It's simple math really. Would you rather have both be super cute and funny, or have one be super cute and funny and the other be Pearl?
Definitely not the reason I don't like Off the Hook. Pearl isn't that appealing, but Ms. Fanservice constantly is a jerk to her (even after NOA modifying the lines), and it gets tiring. At least with Callie and Marie, they were cousins so that kind of banter was more appropriate, and Marie's expressions actually match up with what she's saying, unlike Marina who always looks shy despite making all these jabs at Pearl. The personality types are so similar to the Squid Sisters that I don't even know why they bothered. Finally, the big design difference between Pearl and Marina makes it easier for people to pick Splatfest teams based of what idol they like instead of the subject (we had no idea what personalities Pearl and Marina would have, yet people already made gifs of Marina throwing Pearl in the garbage).

I mean, I fudging love Pearl. Sooooooooooooooo? >_>
I just never found the Squid Sisters really interesting. Heck, I drew ONE, ONE small pic of them. One piece of fanart of them after two years. I've already drew more fanart of Off the Hook in not even a quarter of the time. I'm sorry but Callie and Marie were way cliche for me AND I REALLY HATE THAT CLICHE. I could never look past that and has always found them boring because of it. Every piece of their dialogue felt force or predictable. Their designs were pretty much the sames. Heck, their singing sounded the same too. I'm not saying I didn't like them but to me, they were really bland. If they weren't the OG idols, I wouldn't even remember their names by now.
As I said before, I find Pearl and Marina more believable, love BOTH of their designs, and love their music way more~

I mean, I fudging love Pearl. Sooooooooooooooo? >_>
I just never found the Squid Sisters really interesting. Heck, I drew ONE, ONE small pic of them. One piece of fanart of them after two years. I've already drew more fanart of Off the Hook in not even a quarter of the time. I'm sorry but Callie and Marie were way cliche for me AND I REALLY HATE THAT CLICHE. I could never look past that and has always found them boring because of it. Every piece of their dialogue felt force or predictable. Their designs were pretty much the sames. Heck, their singing sounded the same too. I'm not saying I didn't like them but to me, they were really bland. If they weren't the OG idols, I wouldn't even remember their names by now.
As I said before, I find Pearl and Marina more believable, love BOTH of their designs, and love their music way more~
Did you even read Drew's post Neko? Sums up how I feel pretty well.

Did you even read Drew's post Neko? Sums up how I feel pretty well.
I did and I personally disagree with it completely, but I'm not here to change people's opinions. Of course there's going to be people who don't care for Off the Hook, just like there are weirdos like me who ACTUALLY LIKE Pearl. X3 In the end, what matters the most is if you like the game as a whole which I kinda don't tbh!!!! I do have to say though, I still don't get why people think Marina's so mean? My cod, have you people not had friends like that?! My bff literally insults me 24/7 and I throw it right back at her. Marina strikes me as that type that all snarky and sarcastic around Pearl, but completely clams up by herself. Kinda like how I am, lols. That probably the main reason I love Off the Hook so much, they're relatable to me. I can see bits of my personality in these two fictional characters which makes me smile. Are people going to feel the same as me? Of course not! But in the end, my opinion is mine and their opinion is their. We all have the right to value and support our opinions~

I did and I personally disagree with it completely, but I'm not here to change people's opinions. Of course there's going to be people who don't care for Off the Hook, just like there are weirdos like me who ACTUALLY LIKE Pearl. X3 In the end, what matters the most is if you like the game as a whole which I kinda don't tbh!!!! I do have to say though, I still don't get why people think Marina's so mean? My cod, have you people not had friends like that?! My bff literally insults me 24/7 and I throw it right back at her. Marina strikes me as that type that all snarky and sarcastic around Pearl, but completely clams up by herself. Kinda like how I am, lols. That probably the main reason I love Off the Hook so much, they're relatable to me. I can see bits of my personality in these two fictional characters which makes me smile. Are people going to feel the same as me? Of course not! But in the end, my opinion is mine and their opinion is their. We all have the right to value and support our opinions~
Snarky... I haven't heard that word in a long time. I feel... Invigorated. ;-)

Well, I don't usually insult my friends right to their face for no reason whatsoever. I can sorta understand why Pearl and Marina are giant jerks to each other when they win a Splatfest, but why on a normal everyday basis?

Last edited:
Well, I don't usually insult my friends right to their face for no reason whatsoever. I can sorta understand why Pearl and Marina are giant jerks to each other when they win a Splatfest, but why on a normal everyday basis?
Again, that's exactly me and my friend. Everyday, 24/7. You watch TV too right? Even people in shows are like that yo.

Again, that's exactly me and my friend. Everyday, 24/7. You watch TV too right? Even people in shows are like that yo.
I like Callie and Marie more because they were just much more entertaining to watch. With Callie basically acting like an idiot all the time and Marie having to always put up with her, plus it made more sense for them to be that way because they were related. With Off The Hook, I can barely tell they even like each other sometimes (for instance, when Pearl wins a Splatfest.) Lastly, Off The Hooks songs are crap IMO. Color Pluse was tolerable for like, 2 minutes of the first Splatfest, but then I found out it's the only song they ever sung in the lobby and I hate it now. It's not like their other songs are any better though, if fact, they're much worse. Between Marina's super sappy singing and Pearl's...uh...whatever you call what she's doing. It just makes me wish I was playing the regular game, where the songs I really like play. I've actually considered straight up turning the music off for the next Splatfest, that's how much I hate it. In short, Off The Hook aren't terrible, but the Squid Sisters were FAR superior.

I think it's a bit early for Off The Hook to have a fair chance in such a poll...maybe by the time Splatoon 2 is 2 y/o people will feel them a bit more. Just watch people be nostalgic for Pearl and Marina the moment the Splatoon 3 hosts are revealed.

Still, I prefer them. They're more unique for one, and since both are musical groups and the Squid Sisters totally blow on that front, plus only have ONE Splatfest theme that will repeat over and over and over...

Acid Hues is my favorite Splatoon song period and I shall love it forever. I'm glad you guys can see something in the Squid Sisters that I can't and defend them so. I mean, I'm still gonna prefer Off the Hook more and draw all the fan art of them two but I enjoy seeing people defend their opinions. X3

I think it's a bit early for Off The Hook to have a fair chance in such a poll...maybe by the time Splatoon 2 is 2 y/o people will feel them a bit more. Just watch people be nostalgic for Pearl and Marina the moment the Splatoon 3 hosts are revealed.

Still, I prefer them. They're more unique for one, and since both are musical groups and the Squid Sisters totally blow on that front, plus only have ONE Splatfest theme that will repeat over and over and over...
I think you're right. We need a bit more time. :-)

Acid Hues is my favorite Splatoon song period and I shall love it forever. I'm glad you guys can see something in the Squid Sisters that I can't and defend them so. I mean, I'm still gonna prefer Off the Hook more and draw all the fan art of them two but I enjoy seeing people defend their opinions. X3
My fav Splatoon songs (in order of preference):
1.Seaskape
2.Metalopod
3.Kraken Up
Notice something about them? THEY'RE THE OPPOSITE OF CHEESY POP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom