• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Poll: Squid Sisters vs. Off The Hook!

Squid Sisters or Off The Hook?

• Squid Sisters!

Votes: 161 65.2%
  • Off The Hook!

Votes: 86 34.8%

• Total voters

It's the face-off of the century!

Take your picks! Which Inkopolis idol group stands above the rest?

Is it the splendidly spectacular Squid Sisters?

Or do you have an outstanding obsession with Off The Hook?

Tell us which duo is your favorite, or which you think is the best! Sound off in the comments below with your thoughts.

Until next time...well, you know what to do!

TheRapture

Comments

Personally, I think both are equal. However when Off the Hook debuted it was... off to me. I didn't really enjoy their music the first time I heard it. Seemed all over the place and mashed up in the wrong places. After the OE however, their songs were extremely fitting to their backstories and it was a good way to show that they moved forward with their stories.

Squid Sisters are pretty consistent, have been since the first game as they have similar vocal tones. It's less jarring to hear them sing in unison due to their similar vocals. All you need to remember with them is Callie is on the Right and Marie is on the Left if you can't tell their vocals apart.
Pearl and Marina work off each other through their varying pitches, it didn't work at first but the longer you listen to it, the less jarring it is.

All and all, I like Off the Hook, but I like the Squid Sisters more (even after playing through the entirety of OE). But that's just me.

For an album I was making, The songs by the Squid sisters are WAY better than Off the hook songs. Callie and Marie's Voices mix together well and sound good on their own unlike off the hook where they are better off singing solo pieces.

I like Off the Hook due to the creativity between the two that is Pearl being an Inkling and Marina being an Octoling.

I like the Squid Sister’s music. But...the creativity and backstory of Off The Hook really cool. Plus, their news is better because they’re super funny.

As a group, Off the Hook, but as individuals, the Squid Sisters. Though this defies the idea of S2 hero mode (Callie's metal health slowly deteriorating in her solo carrier causes her to eventually get hypnotized), I still like them better alone, if not alone then just reunited after a long time. Bomb Rush Blush is much better (in my opinion, please don't take offence) than City of Color, Ink Me Up, and Maritime Memory (note that Calamari Inkantation and Now or Never are both covers, not originals). In short, Callie is actually just a better artist, which I think Nintendo kinda messed up on. On the other hand, Pearl and Marina alone are... eh. Though I wouldn't say Into the Light and Color Pulse are great, together they can write things like Shark Bytes and Muck Warfare. @#$% Dudes be @#$% Sleepin' sounds weirdly like Fishing Frenzy, while Marina's only know solo work is a demo for Ebb and Flo, which isn't really their best song. I think that they need to be together to write their signature great music. Take the two songs I mentioned earlier. Muck Warfare is, in a way, a fusion of their two different styles of writing, and boy is it great. The way it starts with the duo's signature opening drum beat, followed by the synth always gets me excited when it plays during a Splatfest. The vocals are also an enjoyable hybrid of Pearl's upbeat style and Marina's more gentle style. As for Shark Bytes, it didn't fuse their styles, but instead played them singing different styles over each other. It starts with MArina singing something emotional but then starts to glitch out into Pearl rapping. Great transition. It is then followed by the singing and rapping playing at the same time with a few breaks for instrumentals and a bit more glitching. They wouldn't have been able to write that alone.

Yes, I just analysed their music for my opinion, and here's my conclusion: If I were judging it by fusion of individual talent, I would go with the Squid Sisters since my favorite song in the entire series is Tidal Rush and I feel like it shouldn't be. However, if you were judging by how they do together as a group, though there are a few outliers, I would undoubtedly go with Off the Hook.

But if you're asking who I like as characters...

Just Callie.

Sorry if this post is too long.

As a group, Off the Hook, but as individuals, the Squid Sisters. Though this defies the idea of S2 hero mode (Callie's metal health slowly deteriorating in her solo carrier causes her to eventually get hypnotized), I still like them better alone, if not alone then just reunited after a long time. Bomb Rush Blush is much better (in my opinion, please don't take offence) than City of Color, Ink Me Up, and Maritime Memory (note that Calamari Inkantation and Now or Never are both covers, not originals). In short, Callie is actually just a better artist, which I think Nintendo kinda messed up on. On the other hand, Pearl and Marina alone are... eh. Though I wouldn't say Into the Light and Color Pulse are great, together they can write things like Shark Bytes and Muck Warfare. @#$% Dudes be @#$% Sleepin' sounds weirdly like Fishing Frenzy, while Marina's only know solo work is a demo for Ebb and Flo, which isn't really their best song. I think that they need to be together to write their signature great music. Take the two songs I mentioned earlier. Muck Warfare is, in a way, a fusion of their two different styles of writing, and boy is it great. The way it starts with the duo's signature opening drum beat, followed by the synth always gets me excited when it plays during a Splatfest. The vocals are also an enjoyable hybrid of Pearl's upbeat style and Marina's more gentle style. As for Shark Bytes, it didn't fuse their styles, but instead played them singing different styles over each other. It starts with MArina singing something emotional but then starts to glitch out into Pearl rapping. Great transition. It is then followed by the singing and rapping playing at the same time with a few breaks for instrumentals and a bit more glitching. They wouldn't have been able to write that alone.

Yes, I just analysed their music for my opinion, and here's my conclusion: If I were judging it by fusion of individual talent, I would go with the Squid Sisters since my favorite song in the entire series is Tidal Rush and I feel like it shouldn't be. However, if you were judging by how they do together as a group, though there are a few outliers, I would undoubtedly go with Off the Hook.

But if you're asking who I like as characters...

Just Callie.

Sorry if this post is too long.

This post makes sense in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom