• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
I'm not sure if these two count as OCs, since they're primarily based on the default Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl from the original Splatoon, respectively, but I'll post them here anyway.

The first one is the main character of my upcoming Splatoon fanfiction. Here it is:

Name: Hiro Ikasaki

Race: Inkling

Appearance: Hiro has blue hair, blue eyes, and slightly tan skin. As a new Turf War player, he wears a Basic Tee, a White Headband, and a pair of Cream Basics.

Personality: Hiro is a nice guy who enjoys playing Turf War. He has a strong sense of justice and goes out of his way to help someone in need.

Relations: Hiro is an only child who lives with his mother and father. His childhood friend is Yuki Hashimoto, a girl who is the same age as him. His rival is Akira Nakamura, an S+ Rank player nicknamed “The King of Squid Style”.

Backstory: Hiro was raised in the suburbs of Inkopolis. At a young age, he expressed a strong interest in battling. His dream was to play Turf War and become the freshest squid in town. Unbeknownst to him, however, Hiro was destined for something far greater – to be a hero.

And here's the second one, Hiro's childhood friend and love interest.

Name: Yuki Hashimoto

Appearance: Yuki has orange hair, orange eyes, and slightly tan skin. She wears a White Tee, a pair of Studio Headphones, and a pair of Pink Trainers.

Personality: Yuki is a tomboy with a fiery passion for battling. Despite her aggressive nature, she also has a soft side and is not afraid to share her feelings with others.

Relations: Yuki is an only child who lives with her mother and father. Her childhood friend is Hiro Ikasaki, a boy who is the same age as her.

Backstory: Yuki was raised in the suburbs of Inkopolis. At a young age, she showed an interest in Turf War. On her 14th birthday, she joined the National Turf War League, pursuing her dream of becoming the freshest squid in town. However, she was unaware that her childhood friend Hiro would soon become more than just a friend…

Extvia

Inkling
I kinda leave some details out on purpose. Important plot stuff and exposition and all that. This is here cause of Reed.

Name(s):
Arai

15 (Splatoon 2/Post Splat2), 13 (Splatoon 1/Post Splat1)

Race:
Octoling

Appearance:
Short, like Pearl short. Has the usual Octoling red "hair" and the usual Octoling eyes. Lower arms are broad and rather battered. Only has 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand. Mostly wearing large glasses, green campus shirt with white undershirt and black pants and her old Octoling boots.

Relations:
A sister. A "mother" (it's a bit complex given how Octolings work.). Octarians and Octavio are her main enemy and Agent 3 is a pretty big role model/inspiration for her. No outright friends, no rivals.

Backstory:
Arai was one of the many mass produced Octolings made in preparation for what became the First Zapfish Fiasco. The troop she was 'cut from' was an Octoling Elite, along with her sister. Said Octoling they refer to as their mother had produced other Octolings before by the cutting of an appendage but she never saw any of them as actually her own. Arai and her sister both changing that and being the only two ever referred to as her daughters.

Arai during her time as a Soldier was an Octoling Elite and used to be taller. Unlike other Octolings she wasn't content in just doing what she was told and took notice of Agent 3, and eventually had a vague association with the Agent in secret. Her displeasure of being a mere tool for Octavio and seeing Agent 3 just stand up to the entire army alone in a sense inspired her to do some sabotage and then outright abandon the Octarian cause. She eventually after the conclusion in which Octavio was captured Arai headed West to the mainland for 2 years. Just to return around 2 weeks prior to the events of Splatoon 2 having largely changed. Arai and her sister both living in Inkopolis sharing a place. Their mother living out on the Mainland.

Personality:
INFP-T type. Rather socially inept and a bit dorky. Has a mean streak of rebellion that started in her abandonment of the Octarians and their cause and outright betrayal by subtle sabotage. She’s typically one to just do what she thinks is right. Willing to challenge anyone that isn’t on her side. Even if it means ‘playing the bad guy', implying a chaotic neutral disposition. Has a notable "with the wind" way of approaching life. She’s incredibly reckless and has a hard time asking for help from most people. Her recklessness usually shows itself the most in her almost suicidal and fearless tendency to take on a problem no matter how much bigger than her it is. She's not dumb but not very bright either so she tends to be very direct in her plans and approaches to a situation.

During the first Zapfish Fiasco she talked to Agent 3 a few times and watched as they stood against the entire Octarian army alone. It is a large inspiration that makes up who she is in the current day and she often sings their praises for it and takes said lesson of fearlessness to heart. Her sister thinks she might be outright infatuated by Agent 3 but Arai insists otherwise. Her loyalty is hard to earn but when one has it she tends to do what she can for them without complaint even if it means basically tearing herself apart in the process. Especially literally. One of the few Octoling traits she shares with the rest of her kind.

On the other hand however she's rather secretive and almost a bit self isolating. Preferring no one seeing past the surface that she often presents as she's in truth actually very bipolar bouncing between her usual attitude and an unforgiving, deadpan animosity stemming from her time as an Octoling soldier. It’s mostly the former and she prefers just keeping a more neutral attitude unless someone knows the right buttons to push. Which then they encounter more of the inner, awkward dork. While Arai is not known for aggression or flaunting power she’s very physically fit and is a textbook definition of more than meets the eye. ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗᶦᵐᵉˢ ʰᵉʳ ᶰᶦᶜᵉᶰᵉˢˢ ˢᶫᶦᵖˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢʰᵉ ˢᶫᶦᶰᵍˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᶦᶰˢᵘᶫᵗˢ ᶦᶰ ᵃ ᵖᵒᵒʳᶫʸ ᵗʳᵃᶰˢᶫᵃᵗᵉᵈ ᶫᵃᶰᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ⋅ ˢʰᵉ ᵃᶫˢᵒ ᶜᵃᶰ'ᵗ ˢᵗᵃᶰᵈ ᴹᵃʳᶦᶰᵃ⋅

Last edited:

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Guess I'll do mine.

Name: Puffling

Race:
Standard Inkling

Appearance:
Credit to @Serkkiit.

Relations:
She is the daughter-in-law of Rosemary Inklane and wife of Arthur Inklane Jr. Doesn't really have many friends, except in her old military... but most of them are dead to her.

Backstory:
She had a quite normal childhood and a great start at life, but left her home at age 17 to join a military. After spending a little over a year on the field, she decided it wasn't for her and settled down to marry her husband and permanently retire from her military days. She rarely wears her hat, and thinks of it as a relic but also a nuisance.

Personality:
Puffling is incredibly kind but doesn't know it. Upon meeting her, she appears shy and closeted but get to know her enough and she'll warm up to you quickly. Puffling has a lot of patience, but also angers easily, so don't abuse her kind nature. Due to her crowd-pleasing nature, she'll often hold her tongue when it comes to opinions and such but if she trusts you enough she'll tell you the total truth.

Puffling is more of an animal type than a people type, so she can be quite anxious upon meeting others. This is a flaw of hers, but she still pulls through and tries to be as nice as she can be. It is INCREDIBLY HARD to make her snap. And that's probably a good thing.

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
Name: Pix [last name still in process, will probably be Nondou due to old ideas]

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
A smaller-than-normal inkling with dark brown freckles speckled over her pale skin. Her eyes are dark pink, sort of like her default ink color! She usually wears the classic straw boater, the blue hoodie, and boots! Usually her Grizzco boots. She has the short girl hairstyle, with uneven bangs instead of the straight ones the hairstyle usually has.

Relations:
She has two siblings; an older sibling, Jas, who changes gender every so often and rarely plays, and Krispy, who Pix often butts heads with. They all are children of two parents that they have detached themselves from for various reasons.

Backstory:
Born the middle sibling to two rather wealthy parents, Pix attached to her older sibling Jas from an early age. Pix was, and still is, introverted, tending to stick to her siblings whenever she had to interect. This made schooling... rough? After a few years of this, and after getting her shifting ability, she went into turf wars, like Jas, and instantly enjoyed it! This is an important cornerstone of her life, and is how she vents her anger at her bullied past. She hates people being mean due to this. She's starting to build herself up again, after moving to Inkopolis Plaza and basically losing most of her money to get away from dear ol', overbearing mom and dad.

Personality: Competitive. Fun-loving. Shy. Obsessive. Those few words can describe Pix, though it is rare that one sees the shy part of herself due to just how much she does turf war/ranked/what have you. She also doubts her words, thinking that she'll never be able to speak good enough. [yay, bullying!!! /s]

it feels a bit short to me. Is it just me?? whatever. Here's Pix! I might make an octoling OC soon. Or i'll scrounge up an old one and repurpose her. Depends on my mood. For now, have a gal

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Wow I just had a idea.

Name: Sam

Ink color: black

Appearance: He's a inkling rhat wears the annaki mask, power armor mk1, and punk blacks

Backstory: San doesn't know where he was born but for as long as he can remember he's been working with for uncle grizz (mr Grizz to us). He never sees him, but he carries a separate bear statue for communicating with him. He doesn't play the other modes that often because he lives inside of the grizco shack in the square. If you look close enough, you can see him in the background. On rare occasions you can have him on you team when playing salmon run. He always uses the grizco brand wepons and nothing else whenever he plays any of the modes. It is speculated that he is working with the salmon.

Personality: Silent, but sometime makes a remark. He is swift, but very clumsy

Agent 507

Inkling
Agent Name: Agent 507

Ink Color: Black

Preferred Weapon: Variety of Rollers, Will Occasionally use a fountain pen.

Backstory: [File Not Found] (Only tell in RP, sorry ^_^”)

Appearance:
D1BAFBEC-6276-4789-9865-C00D47CE4476.jpeg

[Other files are either classified, or unknown]

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Agent Name: Agent 507

Ink Color: Black

Preferred Weapon: Variety of Rollers, Will Occasionally use a fountain pen.

Backstory: [File Not Found] (Only tell in RP, sorry ^_^”)

Appearance:

[Other files are either classified, or unknown]
That picture is actually my background for my computer XD

Agent 507

Inkling
Nono, I believe you

The image is super cool anyways in my opinion so I would understand XD

Cephalobro

I created two OCs but blanked on their names for quite sometime, so here's what I came up with:

Name: Coral

Species: Ringed Octoling (Agent 8's species)

Appearance: Coral wears a White Anchor Tee and a pair of Zombie Hi-Horses. He has his tentacles tied up into a ponytail (hairstyle based off the original Inkling Boy's hairstyle).

Personality: He's a nice guy, but can get easily upset whenever someone jokes about the death of his parents. He's always dreamed of playing Turf Wars with the Inklings.

Eye Color: Green

Ink Color: Yellow

Backstory: He lost his parents during an energy shortage back in Octo Valley, as the debris was falling on top of them, him and his brother managed to escape but their parents didn't.

Now for the second OC:

Name: Clam

Species:
Ringed Octotrooper

Appearance:
A yellow Octotrooper who's known to be very well aware of his surroundings.

Personality:
He is very protective of his younger brother and is a sworn bodyguard for him.

Backstory:
He is the strongest tentacle cut by his father for the purpose of protecting his younger Octoling brother.

Last edited:

Itchy

Inkling
Name(s): “Itch”
Appearance: Itch is a rather underwhelming individual, sporting a beat-up camo hoodie and a pair of pro trail boots. She has two tentacles swept to the side as bangs, one miniature tentacle curled along the opposites side on her neck, and two long tentacles pulled into a high ponytail in the back. Her irises are unusually shrunken, and her eyes never not have bags.
(image: profile pic)
Relations: Just about everyone’s her enemy. She isn’t particularly the most healthy person.
Backstory: She had a rather hard time, growing up. Her older sister became a famous breadwinner for the family, amazing in turf wars and effortlessly keeping her rank at an S+. Itch always looked up to her; as a matter of fact, her parents wanted her to uphold the family name as well. Then, she actually went on the battlefield. Let’s just say that, between her parents’ expectations, the lack of ability to work in a team, and her own low stress-tolerance caused her to break rather quickly under pressure. Mood swings and irritability completely enveloped her mind until it was a way of life for her, and soon enough, the inkling ran away to avoid yet another failure she was going to inevitably bring to her ashamed house. Now she wanders, doing ranked battles over turf wars wherever she’s still allowed (apparently being a toxic team player is “against the rules”) and loitering where she wants to loiter, mugging and scamming whoever looks vulnerable enough.

Not an RP inksona but can we just appreciate the thoughts in someones head to create a story of their very own being? Like you took the time developing a character and making it the way you want it, its own insecurities, it's own hates, needs and wants and their own world, so honestly I as a person,squid,kid,Kraken,Pineapple WHATEVER absolutely o v e r t h i n k but genuinely love and appreciate what each mind can create. So yeah!

Name(s): Marcy is typically what this inkling goes by, though her birth certifisquid has the name "Mary-Serine"- it's a contraction. Limey is also a nickname she's earned for consistently landing green teams in the short time she's been able to participate in terf wars. She'll probably go by this a lot in the plaza, at battle stages and generally her terf life.
Age: She just turned 14, so she's pretty... um, fresh but not how the squid sisters would like. Limey's a total green horn!
Appearance:
Limey's got a humble cut: typical bangs that frame her baby blue eyes, mid shoulder length tentacles and a solid back piece. Her's doesn't have the angled cut though, it's straight across and actually split in the middle; about an inch or so in. She's usually a consistent lime color from her battles, and outside has adopted the bright color as well. Pictures from before her starting to ink show that she had her families darker pallet of grays and blacks, but that is no longer. Marcy's skin is pale enough, but holds warm undertones and flushes pink easy- it's kinda of cute. She can dress herself well enough, though someone may want to teach her how to really up her freshness(in the good way).
Here's one half done picture of her, and then a 360 of her face.

Relations: Shes all open for new friends, and shes got some squad buddies of her own, but the most important figure in her life has to be a (usually) blue inkling guy named Reese, her... uncle? her brother? her father? Cousin, easiest way to call it is cousin.She's not actually sure how their related but he pretty much raised her. They act as if their only like, childhood friends like neighbors or her babysitter but truth is they're really close. Marcy really look up to and depends on Reese.. Meanwhile, he's been through some tough times where the only thing that felt right and made him stay was being able to check in on and support Marcy. So yeah, they're family. He's actually her legal guardian too- that's probably important, despite the fact that they do have separate living spaces. But hey, in a world where kids run free and parent's don't even seem to exist then she's probably ahead of the game.
Backstory: She comes from a normal family in simple town not too far from but not too close to Inkopolis, summer trip distance. She grew up normally there, dark ink unchanged like many of her relatives. She was too little to really remember what happened or how it all started out, but by the time she was 7 she was hanging around Reese a lot more than usual and they ended up living together up in the suburbs of Inkopolis with a few other family member. She lived in the same condo complex all her life, though most of her family moved back home or other places. She still gets to see them at Christmas and holidays and stuff, gets a call from her aunts and uncles every couple of months, see's her cousins in for their summer vacations(she likes to brag about being able to go into the heart of the capital every day). She still lives in her condo complex to this day, though work has brought Reese to stay elsewhere and Limey's pretty sure he's living with his boyfriend now. This is all vague and kind of jumbled because well, for Marcy it just is. She was too young to understand most of what was going on and wasn't the kind to butt in. However, the truth is her family is actually not normal: They're a living soap opera. Like "teenage pregnancy after having an affair with someones husband, while the wife jealously demands divorce only to reveal she's pregnant from a secret lover, meanwhile children feel the pressure" soap. And essentially Reese, fed up with that, took teeny tiny Marcy with him to the city with some other cousins and got her under his name. The family seems to have snapped out of their soap life after losing like, half of the next generation, so at least things have calmed down now. Of course, Marcy is still rather oblivious to it... Or perhaps now, she either thinks it's normal or elects to ignore it, all of it is likely.

Jonathan4929

Inkling
NNID
Jonathan1222
Switch Friend Code
SW-2352-8993-6310
Name: Jonathan nicknamed "Gyro" titled "the Rookie"
Race: octoling
Appearance: has blue eyes, male octoling hair (non Afro one). where's pilot goggles as headgear, a chili-pepper ski jacket, and red power stripes (he sometimes wear fake contacts) and uh... I don't have a reason why just trying to find something cool. what make him stand out is that he is friendly.
Relations: Family: don't know much but one person he considers a father would be a octoling with a call sign "Emperor" who is basically leader of a syndicate call "The Peacekeepers" which is a organization that involve keeping the peace between octarians and squids alive and hunt down those who would break the peace and sent to jail; Shauna a female inkling who is the mother to him . Friends: Kai a male inkling who he and Jonathan are best friends for a long time but the bonding grew and became brothers in arms; Luna: A female octoling who apparently work with his father during a young age when she being attacked and gained up by a group of Octarian Octolings for her betrayal but Emperor couldn't let happen so he dealt with them to protect her she ask him if she could come along with him, emperor agreed and brought her along because from the look in her eyes he knows she didn't have a family either she lost them in the war or she was always alone thus became his royal guard, she share a connection because maybe jonathan is much like his father, or has a crush on him (as if a clueless guy like me knows); Janet: A female inkling who work on one of the power suits in inkopolis as a mechanic. Rivals: Kyle: Claim to be the better one until Jonathan proved him wrong who became a friendly rival to him. Kira: Octoling female who are more fashionable and beautiful she claimed but when jonathan saw her and the other girls who are with made fun of the inkling girl he knows he's can't let that go so he challenged her to a battle of rollers it was a tough match but he succeeded by not by skill but with chams and flirts which is weird yeah I know but it worked. Enemies: Lox: Being a male octoling mean he much ruthless as any other he considered himself that even his master octavio is afraid of him.
Backstory:Not much there but let's just say that he has a boring life in a boring city called Octokyo undergroud he couldn't stand it anymore he decided to move to inkopolis square some say it is place to do fun.
me_in_splatoon_2_by_herofactory5120-dch7s9d.jpg

Ozul

Inkling
lundain icon.png
Name: Ozul
Race: Octoling

Appearance: Always seen wearing a Gas Mask, covering up any facial features, only his bright silver eyes showing through the goggles of his mask. Wears an Navy Eminece Jacket and pair of Navy Enperrials in public.

Weapons: Uses a custom Splatterscope that looks and functions as a guitar.

Personality: Ozul is a rather silent guy, always keeping to himself and anxious around others but still friendly. He seems especially shy around girls, as he starts nervously stuttering for words. His mask is almost never taken off, as he worries about others looking at him, he will hey lost in his own little world and forget there is people around him, as he platforms on the street with his guitar.

Backstory: Not much is known about Ozul and where he came from but the fact that he is a Octoling plays a big part in how he is around others. He seems to have some knowlegde with weapons as well as musical instruments.

((This is still a work in process, so if anybody has any tips or just want to rp, PM me :3 ))
Esplatoon.png

Last edited:

Emberpar

Inkling
Name: Scylla

Race: Octoling

Appearance: [x] [main outfit besides hat -> x]

Relations: She's made a few acquaintances in Inkopolis, and that's about it.

Personality: Scylla is very shy and timid, and comes off very hesitant and tense, especially around those she's unfamiliar with. Those she doesn't know and speaks to she is shaky and usually visibly uncomfortable. Those she is comfortable around she tends to let loose, letting the words roll off her tongue naturally. On the battlefield this shift also comes into play, able to communicate with her team effectively in comms, and get the job done. Of course her nerves aren't completely gone, and this will be visible if things aren't going her way.

Background: From birth, Scylla was raised with expectations. Her parents had made reputable names for themselves, and bringing a child into this world would surely let their legacy carry on for generations to come. As soon as they were able, they pushed her into heavy studies, wrenching any chance for a social life out of her hands. They expected her to excel in each of their own craft, her father an engineer, and her mother a warrior on the battlefield. But she would soon prove she was naught but average, despite the dedication and effort she had devoted to each subject. As they berated her and pushed her harder it became abundantly clear they did not have a child out of love, but rather for their own selfish desires.

At the age of 16, Scylla ran away, and from then sought refuge in abandoned places. As days ticked away, her thoughts drifted to Inkopolis, a place she had come to know as forbidden, riddled with their destined foes; squids. Despite dulled fears from all she's known, she found herself desiring to see the light above. It took her awhile, but she's made her way to Inkopolis and has her sights set on different things now.

Weapon: Though she hasn't set herself on one entirely, she often uses the Sploosh-o-matic.

[ik, generic backstory but i've never been good with backstories, sob. anyways, i hope she's okay! always down for feedback]

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
Copy/pasting from a Google Doc, apologies for the length. I have 4 OCs, sadly visual references for any of them currently number zero. But in the meantime, this is what I have.

Name: Omatsu ‘Fuschia’ Tatsugi
Species: Inkling
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Fuschia (light purple)
Appearance: Fuschia keeps his ‘hair’ in a pompadour, and often likes to keep his cloths perfectly clean. The specific wears change from day to day but usually consist of a sports coat and boots, always ironed and shined to a crisp perfection respectively.
Weapon of Choice: Dapple Dualies
Playstyle: Slaying is the name of the game. Fuschia prefers to be right in the middle of the action, splatting whatever he can. Someone else can play the objective.
Living Space: An upscale 40th floor apartment. Though, most of his time is spent in his room when he isn’t out and about.
Quirks: In an effort to raise extra capital without working for it, he has become an amature investor- and he’s not lost out on it yet.
Personality: Fuschia is confident to a fault, and quick to become salty. He also happens to lack any sense of restraint, causing him to come off as cringy. He is quick to challenge most others, and quick to take things as a challenge. This however, does not apply to his friends or boss. The former being met with much mumbling and moaning, and the latter with a prompt ‘yessir’ or ‘sorrysir’. Despite this however, he does have a strong sense of honor and loyalty, lending him to be a surprisingly reliable teammate and partner where he’s willing, if not a likable one. That said, he has high expectations in turn, and quickly becomes frustrated with any mistake or failure.
Backstory: Fuschia grew up on Turf Wars as a young kid. He watched the battles on TV, collected cards, and followed the sport in every way...but never actually got around to training. His parents doted on his every whim, causing him to become egotistical and lazy. When he finally came of age, it was time to put his money where his (quite large) mouth was. However, in spite of his avid following of the sport, his lack of actual effort stole the day...and every day thereafter. Certain this was caused by inappropriate gear or weapons, he quickly blew through all his cash and any lent to him; causing him to spell defeat for whatever team he joined, and acquire a large stash of unneeded goods. Finally out of cash, loans, and prospective teams; he turned to the sketchy building in the back of Inkopolis Square for income and activity. While his early coworkers chafed at his presence, he quickly proved a talent for Salmon Running that he lacked in Turf Warfare. Eventually, he took up Mr. Grizz on the offer of a full time job. The promise of changing the world wasn’t as big a factor in the decision as the pay grade, but work was done nonetheless. As his skills for Salmon Running grew with experience, he began to become competent in his Turf Warring too, though that is much more of a hobby for him today. He’s thrown himself so thoroughly into his work in fact, that he has successfully brought others into the fold of Grizzco Inc. Including, but not limited to, most of the coworkers on his full-time team. Today, the increase in his skill and decrease in public embarrassment has caused his ego has also subside somewhat, he’s even capable of actually coextisting with his coworkers!

Name: Kurika ‘Cerulean’ Amelan
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Cerulean (matteish blue)
Appearance: Cerulean prefers to pull her ‘hair’ back into a long ponytail, and wear combat boots with an armor piece similar to that of an Octoling soldier. However, coming from wealth, she can be occasionally seen adorned in a proper dress and heels. (usually on holidays or when dragged to family events)
Weapon of Choice: ‘Georgie’ the (modified) Splatling
Playstyle: Cerulean loves to use the element of surprise, covering whatever turf is around her until finding the perfect choke-point to hide and ambush the enemy. In the event the enemy is too far away or doesn’t fall for the trap, she will likely use a sub-weapon to cover ground from the sidelines.
Living Space: A mansion just outside of Inkopolis.
Quirks: Cerulean is a self-described foodie, and regularly orders half the menu when given the chance. She’s also acquired a working knowledge of weapons construction in modifying Georgie over the years.
Personality: Cerulean is not afraid of socializing in the slightest...but that doesn’t make her good at it. A life of isolation has left her naive in social situations, making her blind to jokes and sarcasm while leaving her easily tricked by the more sly of squids. However, she’s always up for something new, and able to make light of almost any situation. She has become attached to her Splatling, a childhood gift which she has named ‘George’. It has seen many battles, and she dotes on and protects the weapon as if it were her son. Touching it, bumping it, breathing on it, accidentally spilling food on it, glancing it with ink at target practice, or even just looking at it the wrong way; will likely result in bodily harm.
Backstory: Cerulean was born the only daughter a couple of Inkopolis’ most wealthy business owners. As a result, she was very well off in a material sense, but her parents’ busy lifestyle often left her alone. She was raised and educated by the best nannies and tutors money could buy, but this also left her isolated. In addition, being the daughter of wealth, her parents and guardians knew full well she’d be a target for Inkopolis’ more unsavory characters, and in turn opted to keep her cooped up as long as they could. With noone to hang out with, she carried from day to day without direction or purpose. She had always had a casual affection for Turf Wars, but it would only become her passion one fateful day: After a long business trip and a small helping of guilt from the distance, her parents had brought with them a present for their daughter upon their return. Inside the large package was an exotic Splatling, and upon seeing it the young squid proclaimed ‘I will hug you, and squeeze you, and call you George’ This prompted a pension for Turf Wars in the young child, who trained every day she could and taught herself to modify the Splatling as she went. As she got older, the Splatling seemed to take on a life of its own for her, and she treated it as if it were her child and became just as protective of it. Finally, oshe came of age, and was able to enter Inkopolis on her own for the first time to compete. Her years of training paid off, and caught the attention of many- including a young less talented Inkling named Fuschia. He promised his boss had an exciting offer with which she might change the world. Indeed the boss, Mr. Grizz, did have such an offer. Before she knew it, Cerulean was collecting golden eggs for him just up the coast. Her years of training for Turf Wars served her well here too, and while she may not have changed the world quite yet, the work is fun and coworkers just as much so. Prompting her to accept the offer of a full-time job. Today, she excels in her work and Turf War hobby, and while the other kids from the lobby may only like her for her talent and wealthy heritage, her coworkers are right there, ready to help her change the world...one golden egg at a time.

Name: Ekitsu ‘Harlequin’ Imusan
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Harlequin (bright green)
Appearance: Harlequin’s own short curly ‘hair’ is left to poke and dangle from underneath his infamous tinfoil hat, which he is never without. The rest of his outfit changes only occasionally, but one wouldn’t know that looking at him as his body and joints are always underneath protective padding and safety gear.
Weapon of Choice: Scoped E Liter 4K
Playstyle: Harlequin would rather do things from a distance, and so sticks to sniping enemies from above; anchoring the team from a good ledge or at the end of a corridor. When the time comes to cover turf, he may use a subweapon for such, but he is more likely to camp whenever possible.
Living Space: His first-floor apartment is practically a fortress, filled with emergency rations of all kinds and stacked to the brim with a wide variety of (legally questionable) traps. If ever a cataclysm occurs, he’d make it quite comfortably.
Quirks: Harlequin is a bookworm, and is quite skilled with it. He can read 500 wpm with 90% comprehension, and has done so with a growing collection. Albeit, most of his reading material consists of either conspiracy theories or survivalist manuals.
Personality: Harlequin is an intelligent, and unwaveringly suspicious Inkling. Never without his trusty tinfoil hat, he is constantly paranoid of the oncoming Octarian Menace. His intelligence is good for more than conspiracy theories however, and he is always willing to use it to help out those around him (provided they’re not Octarian double agents, or worse, Octolings themselves) In spite of this however, his fear of and preparation for the Octarian invasion (that’s certainly coming any day now) has prevented him from doing much else. He lacks skills both practical and social, and tends to alienate most people. However, this also causes him to be very honest, perceptive, and unusually comfortable with some of Inkopolis's less popular characters.
Backstory: Harlequin was fairly average as a child, but took a particular liking to history. However, when the Great Zapfish went missing a few years ago, he began to fear what that history might lead the Octarians to do should they try to retaliate after all those years. This in turn lead him to pursue a number of survival skills, and he has since turned his home into a makeshift bunker waiting to be activated. Filled with the expected food, water, ammo, and traps. He also took to weapons, preferring Chargers for their ability to fight at range. (minimizing the odds of the Octarian Menace getting its tentacles on him, or anything he holds dear) However, one cannot expect to train by shooting targets forever. Taking to Turf Wars with the intention to use it as practice, he caught the attention of a young Inkling who, to his credit, tried to be charismatic. That said, the job he promised his boss was offering sounded like the perfect chance to get some practice with his E-Liter. And indeed it was, not only that but the coworkers were great too. And when the time comes, the help might be useful…

Name: Essi ‘Vermilion’ Yusiago
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Vermilion (deep reddish-orange)
Appearance: Vermilion in her meekness often conceals much of herself under a hoodie, one which is several sizes too large for her, and yet still is made just as much of patches as it is wool. What of her ‘hair’ that is visible hangs low out the side of her hood.
Weapon of Choice: Splattershot Jr.
Playstyle: Vermilion is usually not one to enter the fray, preferring to keep to her own and covering turf. Though in spite of her meek demeanor, she is surprisingly skilled at splatting when necessary for herself or a teammate. While unconfrontational, she does tend to be goal-oriented. Preferring to play the objective from the background whenever possible, almost never on the offense.
Living Space: A squalor, low-income apartment in inner Inkopolis.
Quirks: Vermillion is a lowkey geek, and will show a surprising affinity for computers, video games, comic books, and the like when given access. But considering her background, this was rare until recently.
Personality: Vermilion is a shy, meek kid who prefers to stick to herself and a few close friends. She is not one to take command of a conversation, and soft-spoken when she does speak. Because of her weak social constitution, she generally takes whatever less polite kids throw at her to heart, but a life of working from the bottom has taught her to bounce back. While an insult may leaver her distraught in the moment, it’s unlikely to stick in the long term. Attacking a friend or family member on the other hand, is likely to result in a much stronger reaction, even when the offender is another such individual themselves.
Backstory: Vermilion was born to a poor family, and is unfortunately familiar with the instant-noodle-diet style of living. When her parents lost their jobs, she was forced out into the larger world of Inkopolis to support the family. Her shy demeanor and lack of work experience left most traditional jobs out of the question. Luckily for her, the combination of desperation and low barrier of entry made Grizzco. a quite appealing option. While she had never held a gun in her life, she performed proficiently in her training. Not great by any means, but able to contribute. Her first shift was paired with a full-time team that was down a member; and though the work was hard, she knew almost instantly she had found her place among them. (Not to mention, the steady pay) Today, she successfully supports her parents and younger brother, while having just as much fun with her coworkers off the job as they do on.

Last edited:

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
here let me just say something really quick:
i wanted to play a dnd game testing the inkling race in dnd and how they would properly work [but no one chose an inkling >:O i am salty now]
so i decided to put the homebrew link here (below i mean)
so im going to put stats if thats ok for this character because i want anyone to use this character (even in game if you want :D)
edit - WHY DID I EVEN PUT THE LINK THERE!?!!??!?!?!!?!!
homebrew race here : https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Inkling,_2nd_Variant_(5e_Race)
NOTE : prepare your behind, this is going to be bad :/

Name : delta (has no other known last name)
Species : octoling/inkling
color : turquoise
Appearance : hair : the combed back hair (i can't remember the name :/ ), eyes : turquoise, height : average inkling (i guess it's 5-6 feet 2 inches??? idk...).
flaws : (none that i can think of :/ )
bonds : brings people together with his broad mindset (no, just no)
story : (GET READY FOR CHRINGE FACTOR 9000!!!!) a octoling/inkling from a valley known now as octo valley, he was abused at a young age for not being wanted. at the age of 14, he fed up with being abused and left his home to find something better than his own personal hell. he then stumbles upon the turf wars. he joins and now fights to control himself (NOOOOOOOOOO not another bad post ;-;) because he developed hate at a much younger age than everyone else. he also learned both octoling and inkling and can be used as a interpreter.

NOW THAT THAT IS OVER, i want to start a actual dnd game if the moderators allow it ;-;

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
Copy/pasting from a Google Doc, apologies for the length. I have 4 OCs, sadly visual references for any of them currently number zero. But in the meantime, this is what I have.

Name: Omatsu ‘Fuschia’ Tatsugi
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Fuschia (light purple)
Appearance: Fuschia keeps his ‘hair’ in a pompadour, and often likes to keep his cloths perfectly clean. The specific wears change from day to day but usually consist of a sports coat and boots, always ironed and shined to a crisp perfection respectively.
Weapon of Choice: Dapple Dualies
Playstyle: Slaying is the name of the game. Fuschia prefers to be right in the middle of the action, splatting whatever he can. Someone else can play the objective.
Living Space: An upscale 40th floor apartment. Though, most of his time is spent in his room when he isn’t out and about.
Quirks: In an effort to raise extra capital without working for it, he has become an amature investor- and he’s not lost out on it yet.
Personality: Fuschia is confident to a fault, and quick to become salty. He also happens to lack any sense of restraint, causing him to come off as cringy. He is quick to challenge most others, and quick to take things as a challenge. This however, does not apply to his friends or boss. The former being met with much mumbling and moaning, and the latter with a prompt ‘yessir’ or ‘sorrysir’. Despite this however, he does have a strong sense of honor and loyalty, lending him to be a surprisingly reliable teammate and partner where he’s willing, if not a likable one. That said, he has high expectations in turn, and quickly becomes frustrated with any mistake or failure.
Backstory: Fuschia grew up on Turf Wars as a young kid. He watched the battles on TV, collected cards, and followed the sport in every way...but never actually got around to training. His parents doted on his every whim, causing him to become egotistical and lazy. When he finally came of age, it was time to put his money where his (quite large) mouth was. However, in spite of his avid following of the sport, his lack of actual effort stole the day...and every day thereafter. Certain this was caused by inappropriate gear or weapons, he quickly blew through all his cash and any lent to him; causing him to spell defeat for whatever team he joined, and acquire a large stash of unneeded goods. Finally out of cash, loans, and prospective teams; he turned to the sketchy building in the back of Inkopolis Square for income and activity. While his early coworkers chafed at his presence, he quickly proved a talent for Salmon Running that he lacked in Turf Warfare. Eventually, he took up Mr. Grizz on the offer of a full time job. The promise of changing the world wasn’t as big a factor in the decision as the pay grade, but work was done nonetheless. As his skills for Salmon Running grew with experience, he began to become competent in his Turf Warring too, though that is much more of a hobby for him today. He’s thrown himself so thoroughly into his work in fact, that he has successfully brought others into the fold of Grizzco Inc. Including, but not limited to, most of the coworkers on his full-time team. Today, the increase in his skill and decrease in public embarrassment has caused his ego has also subside somewhat, he’s even capable of actually coextisting with his coworkers!

Name: Kurika ‘Cerulean’ Amelan
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Cerulean (matteish blue)
Appearance: Cerulean prefers to pull her ‘hair’ back into a long ponytail, and wear combat boots with an armor piece similar to that of an Octoling soldier. However, coming from wealth, she can be occasionally seen adorned in a proper dress and heels. (usually on holidays or when dragged to family events)
Weapon of Choice: ‘Georgie’ the (modified) Splatling
Playstyle: Cerulean loves to use the element of surprise, covering whatever turf is around her until finding the perfect choke-point to hide and ambush the enemy. In the event the enemy is too far away or doesn’t fall for the trap, she will likely use a sub-weapon to cover ground from the sidelines.
Living Space: A mansion just outside of Inkopolis.
Quirks: Cerulean is a self-described foodie, and regularly orders half the menu when given the chance. She’s also acquired a working knowledge of weapons construction in modifying Georgie over the years.
Personality: Cerulean is not afraid of socializing in the slightest...but that doesn’t make her good at it. A life of isolation has left her naive in social situations, making her blind to jokes and sarcasm while leaving her easily tricked by the more sly of squids. However, she’s always up for something new, and able to make light of almost any situation. She has become attached to her Splatling, a childhood gift which she has named ‘George’. It has seen many battles, and she dotes on and protects the weapon as if it were her son. Touching it, bumping it, breathing on it, accidentally spilling food on it, glancing it with ink at target practice, or even just looking at it the wrong way; will likely result in bodily harm.
Backstory: Cerulean was born the only daughter a couple of Inkopolis’ most wealthy business owners. As a result, she was very well off in a material sense, but her parents’ busy lifestyle often left her alone. She was raised and educated by the best nannies and tutors money could buy, but this also conveniently left her isolated. In addition, being the daughter of wealth, her parents and guardians knew full well she’d be a target for Inkopolis’ more unsavory characters, who in turn opted to keep her cooped up as long as they could. With noone to hang out with, she carried from day to day without direction or purpose. She had always had a casual affection for Turf Wars, but it would only become her passion one fateful day: After a long day of work, her parents had brought with them a present for their daughter upon their return. Inside the large package was a Splatling, and upon seeing it the young squid proclaimed ‘I will hug you, and squeeze you, and call you George’ This prompted a pension for Turf Wars in the young child, who trained every day she could and taught herself to modify the Splatling as she went. As she got older, the Splatling seemed to take on a life of its own for her, who treated it as if it were her child and became just as protective of it. Finally, one day, she was able to enter Inkopolis on her own for the first time to compete. Her years of training paid off, and caught the attention of many, including a young less talented Inkling named Fuschia, who promised his boss had an exciting offer with which she might change the world. Indeed the boss, Mr. Grizz, did have such an offer. Before she knew it, Aquamarine was collecting golden eggs for him just up the coast. Her years of training for Turf Wars served her well here too, and while she may not have changed the world quite yet, the work is fun and coworkers just as much so. Prompting her to accept the offer of a full-time job. Today, she excels in her work and Turf War hobby, and while the other kids from the lobby may only like her for her talent and wealthy heritage, her coworkers are right there, ready to help her change the world...one golden egg at a time.

Name: Ekitsu ‘Harlequin’ Imusan
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Harlequin (bright green)
Appearance: Harlequin’s own short curly ‘hair’ is left to poke and dangle from underneath his infamous tinfoil hat, which he is never without. The rest of his outfit changes only occasionally, but one wouldn’t know that looking at him as his body and joints are always underneath protective padding and safety gear.
Weapon of Choice: Scoped E Liter 4K
Playstyle: Harlequin would rather do things from a distance, and so sticks to sniping enemies from above. When the time comes to cover turf, he may use a subweapon for such, but he is more likely to camp whenever possible.
Living Space: His first-floor apartment is practically a fortress, filled with emergency rations of all kinds and stacked to the brim with a wide variety of traps. If ever a cataclysm occurs, he’d make it quite comfortably.
Quirks: Harlequin is a bookworm, and is quite skilled with it. He can read 500 wpm with 90% comprehension, and as done so with a growing collection. Albeit, most of his reading material consists or either conspiracy theories or survivalist manuals.
Personality: Harlequin is an intelligent, and unwaveringly suspicious Inkling. Never without his trusty tinfoil hat, he is constantly paranoid of the oncoming Octarian Menace. His intelligence is good for more than conspiracy theories however, and he is always willing to use it to help out those around him (provided they’re not Octarian double agents, or worse, Octolings themselves) In spite of this however, in his fear of and preparation for the Octarian invasion (that’s certainly coming any day now) has prevented him from doing much else. He lacks skills both practical and social, and tends to alienate most people. However, this also causes him to be very honest, and make him able to tolerate others’ ideas when he wants to keep them around.
Backstory: Harlequin was fairly average as a child, but took a particular liking to history. However, when the Great Zapfish went missing a few years ago, he began to fear what that history might lead the Octarians to do should they try to retaliate after all those years. This in turn lead him to pursue a number of survival skills, and he has since turned his home into a makeshift bunker waiting to be activated. Filled with the expected food, water, ammo, and traps. He also took to weapons, preferring Chargers for their ability to fight at range. (minimizing the odds of the Octarian Menace getting its tentacles on him, or anything he holds dear) However, one cannot expect to train by shooting targets forever. Taking to Turf Wars with the intention to use it as practice, he caught the attention of a young Inkling who, to his credit, tried to be charismatic. That said, the job he promised his boss was offering sounded like the perfect chance to get some practice with his E-Liter. And indeed it was, not only that but the coworkers were great too. And when the time comes, the help might be useful…

Name: Essi ‘Vermilion’ Yusiago
Default Ink/Eye Colors: Vermilion (deep reddish-orange)
Appearance: Vermillion in her meekness often conceals much of herself under a hoodie, one which is several sizes too large for her, and yet still is made just as much of patches as it is wool. What of her ‘hair’ that is visible hangs low out the side of her hood.
Weapon of Choice: Splattershot Jr.
Playstyle: Vermilion is usually not one to enter the fray, preferring to keep to her own and covering turf. Though in spite of her meek demeanor, she is surprisingly skilled at splatting when necessary for herself or a teammate. While unconfrontational, she does tend to be goal-oriented. Preferring to play the objective from the background whenever possible, almost never on the offense.
Living Space: A squalor, low-income apartment in inner Inkopolis.
Quirks: Vermillion is a lowkey geek, and will show a surprising affinity for computers, video games, comic books, and the like when given access. But considering her background, this was rare until recently.
Personality: Vermilion is a shy, meek kid who prefers to stick to herself and a few close friends. She is not one to take command of a conversation, and soft-spoken when she does speak. Because of her weak social constitution, she generally takes whatever less polite kids throw at her to heart, but a life of working from the bottom has taught her to bounce back While an insult may leaver her distraught in the moment, it’s unlikely to stick in the long term. Attacking a friend or family member on the other hand, is likely to result in a much stronger reaction, even when the offender is another such individual themselves.
Backstory: Vermilion was born to a poor family, and is unfortunately familiar with the instant-noodle-diet style of living. When her parents lost their jobs, she was forced out into the larger world of Inkopolis to support the family. Her shy demeanor and lack of work experience left most traditional jobs out of the question. Luckily for her, the combination of desperation and low barrier of entry made Grizzco. a quite appealing option. While she had never held a gun in her life, she performed proficiently in her training. Not great by any means, but able to contribute. Her first shift was paired with a full-time team that was down a member; and though the work was hard, she knew almost instantly she had found her place among them. (Not to mention, the steady pay) Today, she successfully supports her parents and younger brother, while having just as much fun with her coworkers off the job as they do on.
why so many tho? .-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom