Random areas I like in the game

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been wanting to make a thread like this for a while now.
Growing up I was obsessed with exploring as much as I could in a 3d game. I would play Mario Sunshine and just look around for a while and imagine having full access to every area without being blocked off by doors or invisible walls. Not something I do as much now but there's still a lot of interesting spots in Splatoon 3.

apqt44ot22eixmby7c2m_20240703183446.jpg

I love how the apartments look here. They did a good job making them feel more than empty rooms and that's something that helps the whole hub area feel more alive.

qrpmk4kovjmeydfw7c2m_20240703183452.jpg

I also like this spot a lot, mainly for how there's no reason to come here at all. I like that though, it's just here to make Splatsville feel bigger.

qbluqf3lcxetedew7c2m_20240703183456.jpg

They added this right behind so that's very nice. Areas that you can't access are always interesting to me.

a4234ovolphcnk4v7c2m_20240703183536.jpg

There's just some random trash and a bottle on top of this building. I feel like it would have taken less work to just throw it in a trash can but whatever works for them.

I'll post some more later on.

Last edited:

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
avk7kmit26ili35v7c2m_20240703183525.jpg

This is probably my favorite spot in Splatsville, especially during Splatfests. It's really nice to walk around and it's also one of those areas that you technically have no reason to go to which makes it cooler.

qd6loloihomnjd5v7c2m_20240703183532.jpg

I like the little squid there.

qweuxoehxv5hh46v7c2m_20240703183521.jpg

A very weird and cramped spot to place a portable toilet.
I didn't notice that I forgot to remove the date and name on the top right but I was too lazy to go back and retake it so here you go.

qoqkjpxo3gndeldw7c2m_20240703183501.jpg

I like that it's almost a guarantee that there's going to be a jellyfish guy in the background.
I should check if he's completely gone during Splatfests or Big Run.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
this stuff is honestly why splatsville is my favorite hub world. they literally didn't have to put all these details in (as you pointed out, a lot of these areas don't even lead you somewhere you'd need/want to go!) but they did and because of it the city just feels so real. i love just walking around splatsville before/after actually Playing the Game, especially during splatfests

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I LOVE THIS KIND OF POSTS!!!! I LOVE RANDOM AREA APPRECIATION!!!
The first spot on your second post is also one of my favorites!! I've taken a lot of SS of the food of the locales that are in there, I'm also a big Super Mario Sunshine fan, I remember Sirena Beach and Pinna Park being my favorite places in the game, though Pinna Park was a bit more special back then since the game had a high chance of crashing when going there, so it was always a treat when I got in as a kid lol.
As of now, Ricco Harbor and Sirena Beach are places I really, really like, I think the setting of a haunted hotel in a sunset especially is so striking for me...

As for spots I really like, I have quite a few, I hope it's ok to share some of them since making a separate post for the exact same thing seems redundant, but I'm not sure
25 misc.jpg

I think this is a pretty nice place, though I liked it the most in Splatoon 2, which lacks a photo mode, there are a lot of details I noticed too since I drew this specific background.
33 misc.jpg

I also found this funny Jellyfish in one of the stages, though I don't remember which one... I found it very cool to see someone doing laundry in such a spot, it looks like a nice place to wash clothes on lol.
43 misc.jpg

This bench in Bluefin Depot is one I would like to sit at, I think it has a really good backdrop and it has to have a nice view!
34 misc.jpg

I also find this spot curious, I wonder if Inkfish use it for something since those look like curtains to change clothes? it's a pretty interesting spot I think, and I feel it sees a lot of use for people just looking for an isolated place to hang in.
40 misc.jpg

For the last one I'll mention this spot under the bridge, it's really cute to see it so populated! it makes Bluefin Depot feel a lot more like a real place, outside of the main stage at least.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
this stuff is honestly why splatsville is my favorite hub world. they literally didn't have to put all these details in (as you pointed out, a lot of these areas don't even lead you somewhere you'd need/want to go!) but they did and because of it the city just feels so real. i love just walking around splatsville before/after actually Playing the Game, especially during splatfests
The commitment that the devs have for making the world of Splatoon feel real is amazing and I'm glad that Splatsville was the hub that introduced me to the series.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I LOVE THIS KIND OF POSTS!!!! I LOVE RANDOM AREA APPRECIATION!!!
The first spot on your second post is also one of my favorites!! I've taken a lot of SS of the food of the locales that are in there, I'm also a big Super Mario Sunshine fan, I remember Sirena Beach and Pinna Park being my favorite places in the game, though Pinna Park was a bit more special back then since the game had a high chance of crashing when going there, so it was always a treat when I got in as a kid lol.
As of now, Ricco Harbor and Sirena Beach are places I really, really like, I think the setting of a haunted hotel in a sunset especially is so striking for me...
I really love Sirena Beach too and Bianco Hills is great! Delfino Plaza is still my favorite though, I like being able to see every other area from there and jumping on rooftops is always cool.

As for spots I really like, I have quite a few, I hope it's ok to share some of them since making a separate post for the exact same thing seems redundant, but I'm not sure
It's totally fine, don't worry! The thread is titled as "my favorite areas" but anyone can share their own favorite spots.
I was actually going to post the same area in your 4th pic, lol. I never considered that it could be used for Inklings and Octolings to just hangout, that's very nice.
I should check Bluefin again as well, I always thought the background of the map looked nice but I haven't gotten the chance to take a closer look at it.

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I think I have the most pics of Bluefin at hand actually, it really has my favorite background details of many stages, it has very interesting spots over all I think, I feel if the locales of Barnacle were closer, Barnacle would be also a good place to take SS.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 12244
This is probably my favorite spot in Splatsville, especially during Splatfests. It's really nice to walk around and it's also one of those areas that you technically have no reason to go to which makes it cooler.
Same it's so cool to see all the food stalls opening on splatfests, they look so tasty too

Smash Arena

Inkster Jr.
I think I have the most pics of Bluefin at hand actually, it really has my favorite background details of many stages, it has very interesting spots over all I think, I feel if the locales of Barnacle were closer, Barnacle would be also a good place to take SS.
Bluefin Depot looks beautiful in Splatoon 3. Just shows the difference in power between the Wii U and Nintendo Switch, plus maintains the original feel of the map while considering the lore implication that it has been renovated.

I dislike how Flounder Heights looks in Splatoon 3, I feel like they missed the late summer feeling of the original stage with the golden afternoon sunlight and cicadas chirping. The version in 3 feels like it takes place in the morning and lacks the melancholy of late summer.

Cephalobro

My personal favorite place to explore over and over again is Inkopolis Plaza, there's just something about it that screams childhood nostalgia for me. And yes, this also includes the original Wii U version of it as well.

It's also fun to see a lot of stuff on the horizon, giving it a sort of feeling that the location of Inkopolis Plaza is sort of suburban rather than urban.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
amxi4mvmyyyj7qzv7c2m_20240703183552.jpg

This is one of the first areas that caught my interest when I first explored Splatsville. There's not much to it but the water implies (hope I'm using that word properly in this context) that there's something on the other side and that's very nice.

alt6rtkanm37gyuv7c2m_20240703183614.jpg

I LOVE this small path next to Grizzco. Maybe I just have a thing for dark and cramped areas.

qwluqf3lcxeted2z7c2m_20240703184355.jpg

I needed to make sure these boots were given the proper attention they deserve.

Last edited:

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
amxi4mvmyyyj7qzv7c2m_20240703183552.jpg

This is one of the first areas that caught my interest when I first explored Splatsville. There's not much to it but the water implies (hope I'm using that word properly in this context) that there's something on the other side and that's very nice.
I can confirm that the word “implies” is used properly in this context.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was planning to take a break on talking about Splatsville to focus on other areas but I really wanted to add these two Splatfest pictures.

aoxjvgwe5le3uikihk2m_20240715160727.jpg

This looks like it'd be a very nice spot to just relax and talk with friends. I especially love how the lights look from here, it's very cool.

adi5lpxo3gndetcjhk2m_20240715160750.jpg

I like how they have the live performance playing right next to the portable toilet. It would be very convenient for anyone who's passing by though, lol.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wasn't originally going to do Side Order areas so soon but I couldn't help myself.

qkp6srm33mkmc7nq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

Not really a "random" area but look at this!
I love both versions of the hub area but I definitely prefer the blue sky here.
I really wish I could relive the experience of seeing this for the first time, it's amazing.

qnt3v4e7w4rfdrhq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

Shout out to these little guys.
I just think they're very funny lol

a3yjofha7gj2nojq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

I've already expressed how much I like inaccessible areas so obviously seeing these two ramps that lead to a lower floor interested me a lot.
I'm sure they're also in the regular Inkopolis Square but I find this more interesting just for the fact that this is supposed to be a digital recreation of the whole area.

a5nopqwq4ajq4ymq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

Another inaccessible area that leads to somewhere I can't see?? :oops:
I wish we could at least walk closer to it but the devs clearly knew I would eventually find a way to get in (I wouldn't).

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Back here with some more Side Order areas.

qxiyldezv6f4ojkq7t2m_20240729140255.jpg

I really wish this area wasn't blocked off cause I would love to get a closer look at Marina's digital recreation of Grizzco.

a2xsh7atul7jzrgq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

I love how the windows show that there's no doors on the other side that would let you get in or out. What really gets me though is just the idea of being inside there.

ant3v4e7w4rfdrfq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

I don't think I've mentioned this in any of the previous posts but I also LOVE looking at the backgrounds in games. They always make me curious to how it would be to break out of bounds and head over to any area I want, far away from where the game wants me to be in. Of course, there isn't much of anything outside of the main hub but it still catches my interest.

abix3cy35pgzpdlq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg
aeiuqqkxdlu4y2lq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

Someone in the dev team must have thought this was the funniest thing ever and they were right.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I swear, I'm almost done with Side Order areas but there's still at least two posts left to go!

aot3v4e7w4rfdjiq7t2m_20240729140255.jpg

I love that you can see a bit of Inkopolis Plaza from here. Makes me really curious on how the hub area would look like if we had the chance to go there in Side Order.

a25e72hjku5ps3oq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

Not really an "area" but the way the sky transitions into a different color looks so good.

qvreyy75a7dmdzpq7t2m_20240729140255.jpg

I LOVE THE FOYER!! THE VISUALS AND MUSIC ARE AMAZING!

a4a7zrmvcz6nnytq7t2m_20240729140255.jpg

The water and lighting gives the whole area such a nice aesthetic!

axzogc7krdjc74sq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

They really didn't have to add these little spots on both sides of the Foyer but they did and I love it.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Last Side Order related post!

ahjmbpa457eqddvq7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

You can BARELY see it in this picture but I like the little pixel characters behind the wall here. Just another small detail the devs added that won't really get noticed unless the player goes out of their way to look around which is nice. I really wish there was a better angle to take a picture of it though but oh well.

acdirde3hwgekw4o7t2m_20240729140254.jpg

I know this technically doesn't count but I really didn't want to end off this section with the small pixel characters so here's an interesting out of bounds area! I found out about this around a week after Side Order released, I'm surprised it didn't get patched out but I'm definitely not complaining.

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I really like the side cubbies on Barnacle and Dime. Nobody usually goes there so it's free paint and also a free spot to camp out if I hit an insane clip (Words cannot describe how much I love B&D on Clams or Zones). I also like the big staircase area in Splatsville near the Tableturf stand. I remember when I first played the testfire and I had zero idea how to enter matches (It was quite literally my first experience with Splatoon ever), I just explored a lot and that area stood out to me. It leads nowhere and there's no fast way to get down from it but it exists and it's really cool for some reason. IIRC I don't think I actually played a single match, I just explored and that gave me a lot of appreciation for Splatsville.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've decided to finally do this for a PvP map so the first one will be Museum d'Alfonsino.

qyvlsaeilo4k4xoij72m_20240815172243.jpg

I love this little area behind spawn. The statues look so nice and the water? I LOVE how the water looks! You can even seen an exhibition (I hope I'm using the right word) inside the building next to the statues.

afudiiiq73v47mqij72m_20240815172243.jpg

This spot on the right side of spawn is kind of funny to me. They could have just left the ramp by itself but nope, this bench was just too important lol.

qscvlxixpf66irmij72m_20240815172243.jpg

Going even further back, you can see this entire inaccessible area which just looks very nice and interesting to me.

qunkpdezv6f4ozlij72m_20240815172243.jpg

Moving the camera over to the right side shows off another area that I find even more interesting. There's technically less going on here but it's another one of those cases where the game shows me that there's a path leading somewhere else but won't let me actually see it. I also love that little island in the background.

qzfvanbq337jzhgij72m_20240815172243.jpg

Oops lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom