Random balance changes you want

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe this isn't a great idea but what if stealth jump slowed down your jump like it did in Splatoon 1?
Perhaps it wouldn't be as harsh so you could counter act it with only a few subs of qsj but I think this could be interesting because it makes the ability more similar to ninja squid and it nerfs 1 sub of qsj being a get out of jail free card
And if you still want to run a tiny bit of qsj you could just run drop roller which wouldn't receive the nerf
I'm very worried with any stealth jump nerfs since the ability is very important for aggressive weapons but if you want to nerf the jump time I think qsj should stack better on it. Not so well as to make one sub of qsj negate the nerf but so full qsj builds on stuff like roller don't get gutted.

Me? Running tent with one main three subs qsj??? Never heard of it

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
My thing is just why would we nerf Stealth Jump? It's arguably the single best ability in the game but something being the best isn't necessarily a bad thing. Gear building doesn't feel restricted by its existence and the only unhealthy change you could say it makes to the meta is that it works with Tacticooler to make pushing a bit tougher than it should feel, which is more of a Tacticooler problem than anything else. Drop Roller and Object Shredder aren't as commonplace but both have weapons that prefer them despite how strong Stealth Jump is. If anything I personally think the only changes that should be made to rebalance gear abilities are buffs to the fringe or useless ones like Tenacity.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Really, Stealth Jump should be a standard feature of super jumping. It should obviously have a much larger visibility radius if it requires no gear, however the ability could still exist to decrease the visibility radius down to what it is currently.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
This is too big of a change to be on this thread but since we're talking about changing Stealth Jump, what if that was just how jumps worked regularly? I think that could introduce some of its own problems but it would be nice to have even more gear freedom since you wouldn't need one of your main abilities to be SJ.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Really, Stealth Jump should be a standard feature of super jumping. It should obviously have a much larger visibility radius if it requires no gear, however the ability could still exist to decrease the visibility radius down to what it is currently.
Aye I agree. It'd be cool if all jumps get the stealth jump effect but with twice the visibility radius, that way you can run it for aggressive weapons, weapons that don't die as much aren't required to use it, object shredder is more viable, and the weapons that don't have to run stealth jump aren't indirectly worse because of this change.

This would really only make your landing safe from chargers, bombs and tristrikes and stuff but that alone is a lot better.

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
I don't actually think its a good idea but it would be more interesting imo for gear building because you have to choose between drop roller or having to run more qsj
I think this would have been a interesting idea if it was in game from the start but changing it to it isn't a great idea cause stealth jump is kinda necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom