• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Regular Battle (Turf War) Discussion

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
how to score large squid bopping pts:
- pick splattershot jr w/ bubbler
- get 180 pts by taking high ground and spreading a ton of ink around
- use special, get triple kill on enemy team
- continue spreading ink around

ez 1.5k

we had like 6 people taking turns getting 1.3k+ on wins for a good 2-3 hours straight because of how effective this is

(note: ss jr is actually an awful weapon for slaying, bubbler is just that good)

Cardon

Inkling
NNID
CardonT
Anyone else experiencing the learning curve again after rocking each testfire? Guess the added variants in weaponry make it a bit harder.

Last edited:

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
Playing with friends (total group of 6/7 meant a full squad of just us was not uncommon) makes all the difference in the world.

Can't wait for Ranked Battles and eventually custom lobbies

Reactions: AEM

Squilliam

Inkling
NNID
AwesomeAdz
After 4 hours I'm still not quite sure what this little card thingy with the flags, a 'rank' (Toasty, Smokin', On Fire etc.) and the numbers does. Is it Regular Battle's Matchmaking, since I noticed a raise in difficulty, or does it increase rewards in some way?

All I know is that it's rising by one point for every win, and I think it loses half a point for losses, so it's not really a win streak, either.

Does anyone have a clear idea on this? The manual mentioned nothing.
If you speak to Judd, he will give you rewards (coins) on how well you've done
E.G., If you are 'Toasty' he will give you 100 coins.

Geno9999

Inkling
NNID
Geno9999
I think Arowana Mall is an utterly terrible map for Rollers: the ramps don't lend themselves well to be covered by the Roller's splat attack. Though my opinion may be tainted by the one match where two of my teammates disconnected, leaving me and the other roller to fend for ourselves. That was a royal mess.:(

Skatepark is a little more subtle on this: there's plenty valleys for you to cover, in general the slopes are lower, though trying to get up to the center tower is extremely hard.

All in all, I think Rollers are going to be a bit more of a situational weapon than they were in the Global Testfire; very useful on maps with angular slopes and flat terrain, but horrible on maps with uneven terrain, high verticality, or lots of open areas.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
I think Rollers are losing popularity in favor of Aerospray at the moment.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I think Rollers are losing popularity in favor of Aerospray at the moment.
While I've been seeing tons of posts on the Aerospray Builds (MG and RG), I have to say that I've been seeing tons of Krak-On Splat Rollers as well.

I guess the current meta (if we wanna call it that) is mainly offensive-type builds, primarily the standard Splattershot Jr., Aerospray MG/RG, Krak-On Roller, and .52 Gal builds.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
While I've been seeing tons of posts on the Aerospray Builds (MG and RG), I have to say that I've been seeing tons of Krak-On Splat Rollers as well.

I guess the current meta (if we wanna call it that) is mainly offensive-type builds, primarily the standard Splattershot Jr., Aerospray MG/RG, Krak-On Roller, and .52 Gal builds.
Pretty much yeah. Krak-On Splat Roller is still very popular, but due to new people unlocking the Aerospray it's been falling off a bit (you would even see 3 Rollers in the same team, now it's been evened out a bit)

The discovery of Aerospray probably also hurt the popularity of SSJR though.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Anecdotal evidence but I am still being constantly paired with three rollers on my team, so I am unsure about rollers losing popularity. That said, yeah the aerospraies are raising in popularity quickly and it's easy to understand why.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I keep seeing Splat Rollers and rapid fire weapons, mainly aerospray. Somehow, someone got a 11 kills and died 0 times, he had a aerospray. Either he's good or someone got angry and kept trying to kill him and failed.

Geno9999

Inkling
NNID
Geno9999
I keep seeing Splat Rollers and rapid fire weapons, mainly aerospray. Somehow, someone got a 11 kills and died 0 times, he had a aerospray. Either he's good or someone got angry and kept trying to kill him and failed.
Did he have the Airstrike special? That could net some kills without needing to be exposed.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is honestly my favorite mode, great with friends. :)

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
This mode really clicks with me. It's one of the few games that I genuinely feel good at.
I'm not the best offensive player, so playing this mode feels great because I can still feel like I'm contributing by sneaking through the map and rolling up ink, and if I ever feel threatened, I turn into a Kraken and rip into the person. I've also gotten pretty good with the splash attack. The more I play with it, the more the roller feels like a mix between a flamethrower and a shotgun when used as a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom