• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ryanator: How Ryan uses the GamePad (More Handcam Footage)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome. It seems that many of you enjoyed @ThatSrb2DUDE's awesome handcam footage! If you are looking for more, @Ryanator from... Ryanatorr (funny how that works) has provided some excellent handcam footage of his own!

Make sure to watch closely and take a look to see how he uses the Nintendo Wii U Gamepad and the motion controls to move his Inkling around the turf!

Watch here:

For more fresh Splatoon videos, please consider subscribing to Ryanatorr's YouTube channel!

Of course, be sure to stick around Squidboards for all things Splatoon! Stay fresh, squids!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

well, was gonna actually read all that but then the walls of text came.
tl;dr
The walls! They're closing in! Heeeeelp....

Hmm, better make this comment on-topic somehow. Oh yes! Well, it's good to know I'm using the GamePad like the pros are, just with less skill :P I might consider turning my sensitivity up to do some more advanced stuff, though. I currently play with -4 sensitivity.

What can you learn from this video that you can't learn without actually playing the game? (Outside of general strategy.) It's not like the controls are anything complicated.
agreed. I was a stick player up until a week and a half ago, then I tried sticks and I knew all there was to know about sticks in 2 days. I pray that there will be no more "news articles" of videos of people's hands.

What can you learn from this video that you can't learn without actually playing the game? (Outside of general strategy.) It's not like the controls are anything complicated.
Well - I can't answer that since I don't care for it - but it's probably useful to someone out there. Although I agree that it isn't important enough to be on the front page. Dude I understand since he is pretty famous (and people were curious as to how he turned so fast with -1.5 sensitivity) anymore eh.

It doesn't help me! Can someone make a video on how to actually aim with motion controls? Like how to aim properly and effectively? I'm a bloody S rank and I still miss a lot of shots. I'm trying to learn Squiffer and still I'm not able to find a half decent video on aiming for chargers or something.

It doesn't help me! Can someone make a video on how to actually aim with motion controls? Like how to aim properly and effectively? I'm a bloody S rank and I still miss a lot of shots. I'm trying to learn Squiffer and still I'm not able to find a half decent video on aiming for chargers or something.
I think SND and Flc have some videos.

dude. The best way to learn is to just do it. Try it in turf where it isnt that big of an issue if you lose. You WILL lose a bunch of matches, and that's ok. Once you're good at motion controls, it won't ever be an issue.

Point is, JUST TRY IT PEOPLE
you will never become skilled with it by watching videos. Just do it for yourself, and learn through your losses!

dude. The best way to learn is to just do it. Try it in turf where it isnt that big of an issue if you lose. You WILL lose a bunch of matches, and that's ok. Once you're good at motion controls, it won't ever be an issue.

Point is, JUST TRY IT PEOPLE
you will never become skilled with it by watching videos. Just do it for yourself, and learn through your losses!
I'm an S rank bro, I have a pretty good idea on how to stay afloat. I even bobbled from S to A- and back up again. My point is there's literally tips for the most basic weapons, sub weapons, and specials etc. but I've never seen any tips on how to aim better. If you have a good video, link me. Otherwise, telling me that learning through my losses isn't gonna help me with squid poop. After all, I went from a solid C to an S just by changing the way I play after watching a few streamers. Getting a bit of help always trumps figuring the thing out for yourself.

You know that thing in the middle of your screen? It's called a crosshair. When another inkling or turf without ink is in your crosshair, shoot. That's it! No one can "teach" you to aim, you gotta play around and get better at it yourself. There are no guides, no FAQs, no videos, and no cheat codes.

Last edited:
I believe Squids Next Door did an article on flick snipes, which is a technique that you should be using with the Squiffer. There's also a guide somewhere here on how to practice flick snipes in the training room, which starts with Squiffer (because it's the easiest to flick snipe with) and ends with E-Liter (because it's the hardest to flick snipe with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom