• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Save Inkopolis

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z pushed the doors leading to the cafeteria open, attracting the attention of a group of Octolings inside. They spun around and aimed their weapons at her quickly. She covered her tentacles with one arm and raised the other with her phone to the lights. A miniature blackout was triggered inside, and the lights to the cafeteria went out. The night vision in Z's shades kicked in, and she incapacitated the Octolings quickly. The lights flickered back on with a hum of electricity and she plucked an apple out of the fruit bowl as she passed by. Her mind was wandering again. Z took a bite of the apple and glanced around while she chewed. Tink was probably.... Actually she had no earthly idea. She didn't really know what Salmonoids did. Grizz wasn't concerned with studying them, just robbing them. It was sickening, but she lead an underground defense group, not a movement for Salmonoid rights, which didn't sound like a bad idea to be honest. He'd probably be fine.

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
//Goodnight guys. I'll Reply tomorrow.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Running of into the building that no one has been in yet, Shade quickly transforms and blends into the shadows. Taking a look around his surroundings, he saw a couple of octolings chatting around one room enterance. Maybe...? Marking the place in his mind, Shade swam off to find the others. It didn't take very long find Z, all he had to do was follow the trail of octolings. "Z! I think I might have found the hostages. " he says

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z looked up from the table surface she'd been staring at and tossed the apple core into a garbage can. She reactivated one of the cameras and took control of it on her phone, jumping to the one down the hallway and then to the next. "Tell me where they may be, I'll ride the cams and case the room."

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Not knowing if she needed cordinates or the room, he told her both. After a few seconds of different camera angles, they came to the room that e had seen. "That's the room. Let's see what's inside."

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z looked for another connection, but found dead ends all around. There were no cameras inside the room, so they'd be making a gamble if they went in. She growled in frustration and stuffed her phone into her pocket. "I can't see in there, they probably have the place locked down." She headed for the doors and pulled her coat closer, extending the microphone on the headset. "Chum, get down here, we may have found something." Z said.

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
Tink was already in another room knocking out guards that had been in there with his pan. He looked around to find anything useful for him or for Tentakeel Ourpost to use. Lucky for him, there were blueprints inside of a filing cabinet designed to build what seemed like a robot. A large robot with a zapfish in the middle. Hearing Z through his earpiece, Tink nodded and said, "Alright I'm coming. Give me a minute." He looked at the unconscious bodies and thought of hiding them, but he shrugged and headed out the room. Tink headed downstairs to where his teammates where at. "Where you guys at? This place is to damn big." He said through his earpiece.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
"Ground floor, Hall B. Hurry up." Z pulled her headset off and let it hang around her neck. She stood with her back to the wall and Hero Shot aimed at the door. "Blobfish." She snapped her fingers at Shade. "Can you like... Liquify and slip under the door? Your Ink is black to if I cause a blackout you'll blend in long enough to get a look."

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
Tink headed over to their location. "Ground floor...Hall B?" He whispered to himself. "Now where can I..." He noticed that there was a map of the school on a wall and smiled. "That's better. Ground floor...Hall B! Found it!" He saw where to go and headed straight there. It didn't take him long to find his teammates outside the door. "Yo." He said looking at Z and Shade. "So this is where the hostages are?"

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Sure can, but not so fond of that nickname." He says. "Ready when you out are! And yes Tink this is where they are"

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z pulled her phone out and a small pixelated lightning bolt icon appeared on screen. She tapped it twice and the entire building fell into darkness. Her shades illumated in the darkness, appearing as bright blue outlines. "Hurry up." She waved for Shade to move.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Nodding and turning into his blob form, Shade slipped under the door. Once he got to the others side, the first thing gen noticed was the guns. From the hundreds of guns, he could deduce that this was a armory. Smart place. As for the inhabitants, 20 octolings were tripping all over each other. In the middle of all the chaos, multiple inklings sat tied up, and just as confused as the octolings. Shade slipped back under the door and told them his findings.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z nodded thoughtfully as the lights started to come back on. "I can't blow up a transformer vault without killing the students. We'll have to fight." She decided grimly. 20 Octolings. As much as she'd rather knock them over the head and leave them in a closet, she'd have to splat some of them, and some of them wouldn't respawn. The cyan-tentacled Octoling put her Hero Shot away and brandished her Inksword. "We'll have to be fast. I'll get the door." She pulled out a Splat Bomb and tossed it in the door's direction. A colorful splatter of ink sent splinters flying everywhere. "Move it!"

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
Tink took out his pan and got ready to splat or knock out some enemies. Once the door exploded into pieces Tink rushed inside the room as quickly as he could. He examined the room for a quick second and saw the 20 Octolings and hostages. His heart beating fast as this was going to be fast paced. Tink went to the closest Octoling and slammed her head with his pan making her head bleed. She hit the floor quickly and stayed there. Other Octolings shot at Tink, but he used his pan as a shield until he could find cover. "L-little help?"

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Running into the room, Shade transformed and slammed into the first octoling, sending him flying into a wall. Looking over at Tink, he saw him getting pelted at. "Hey! What the flip is that for?" He says charging them. He ran at them and went full rage on them. He changed into a wall ignoring inky blackness with 2 red eyes, covering some of the light. He swallowed them but left Tink a bubble that's he would be fine in. Inside his blackness, he killed them, one by one, until all of the ones inside him. Slowly, the blackness started to lower and swept all over the floor, leaving him unconscious on the floor.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
// I'm assuming it's all of them.

Z strode into the room casually, arms resting behind her back.
"Not bad." She mused, giving Shade a rather concerned look. "Although I'll have to remember not to grate on your nerves, lest I get eaten alive. Or whatever the hell you just did." Her eyes moved to an Octoling slowly shrinking down into its octopus form and dragging itself towards the air vent. She grabbed it by the tentacle, making it shriek in fear and threw it against the wall. It shifted back to its humanoid form and she ripped the shades from its head, grabbing it by the neck and giving it a wide grin while pinning it to the wall. "Keys, sweetheart." She said demandingly. The frightened Octoling unhooked a key ring with only two keys from her belt and shakily handed them to Z, who took them and stopped strangling her in return, dropping them on the ground and tossing them to Tink. "Start freeing them, and see if you can find what that other key goes to." Her eyes were drawn back to the Octoling huddling in the corner. She grabbed it by the collar of its shirt, making it cry out in fear as she dragged the soldier to her feet and kept her sword held to their throat, pushing them out the door. Z gave her teammates a questioning scowl. "What's with the funny looks? I'm not going to TRY and kill her. It might just... happen." She shook her head and laughed quietly, disappearing into the hallway with her quary.

// quary is a synonym for prey or victim.

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
Tink grabbed the keys and nodded. He quickly went over to the hostages and freed them one by one. "Don't worry guys. The cavalries here." He smiled and continued to unchain the hostages. A Octoling ran over to him with her gun pointed at him. "Put the keys down now!" He looked over at the Octoling and saw that it wasn't any ordinary Octoling. It was the ones with the kelp on her head. The "Elite Octoling". Tink looked at her and put the keys down. He raised his hands by his chest to show her that he was disarmed. She walked to him to grab the keys and as she did, he grabbed her arm and began firing the gun in the air. She struggled to stop him from firing her gun.

"You damn Salmonoid. You think you can be an elite?" She said at him with a growl. Luckily Tink was able to disarm her before more shots had been fired. "Come on Salmon. Show me what you got." She put up her fighting stance and got ready to kick ***.

Tink put up his, even though he wasn't good a CQC. They watched each others movement and focused on each other as hard as they could. Tink did the first swing and the elite octoling dodged and counter attacked. She did a right hook on Tink's side. He groaned in pain but soon recovered with an uppercut. Their fight was so intense that the other hostages began freeing themselves with the key on the ground.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Z shoved the Octoling into a the locker room, knocking various art supplies off the shelves and splattering ink on the wall. She tried to crawl away to nowhere in particular, but Z was already on them and gave them another punch in the head to keep them from moving. "Name." She said flatly.
"W-What?" The Octoling stammered. Z punched them in the side. "Trucy! It's Trucy, stop hurting me!" She cried, covering her head frantically.
"Mhm. I'd ask for you to smile but it looks better if you don't." Z raised her phone and snapped a picture of Trucy, flash and all. It was immediately run through the database and all sorts of information came flooding in. "You're new to this whole army thing clearly. Anyone with a few years wouldn't have a browser history like that." She grinned, making Trucy's face turn red. "Where's your commanding officer?"
"I don't know." Trucy shook her head and started scooting back when Z's expression turned threatening. Octo-Ink splattered on the wall as Z swung at the Octoling again.
"This doesn't get better for you, but it can stop getting worse if you start talking." Z knelt down in front of Trucy and held her chin so their eyes were locked. "I'll ask again: Where's your commander?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom