• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging general

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
If someone wastes their time hunting me and not playing the objective because they got taunted they're not exactly demonstrating the qualities of a good player themselves. The best cure for seabaggers is to win the match.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
It's extremely rude no matter how you slice it. You waste precious time to taunt someone, and they very likely got mad from it, giving yourself a target on your forehead. Unless you like the stress of being hunted for the rest of the match, I wouldn't do it.
Some people looooove the stress or in other words: Adrenaline.

Getting people upset is a legit strategy, instead of focusing on the objective they will waste time looking for you, and some players get worse when they are upset. And it only snowballs when you kill them yet again with another seabagging.

You may call it rude, but I call it war.

Last edited:

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I only really squidbag if there is one guy on the other team that seems to only target me to splat, So if he splats me about 3 or 4 times in a row, I don't go after him but if I manage to splat him I will squidbag him just to portay the message saying "ha finally gotchu back b***h"

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't get too mad about it because it's so silly looking. Although it evolved into an offencive meaning, it really just is a character turning back and forth between a squid and a kid. More time wasted.

If somebody goes out of their way to hunt me, then I do go get kind of mad (Unless I am legitamately demolishing the other team and need to be stopped.) Some people are just mean.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Only time I did this was one or two times last night and this was due to constantly getting my *** beat from players that would not let me get to them. It's only gonna be one time, though, since I know how bad squidbagging is.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Some people looooove the stress or in other words: Adrenaline.

Getting people upset is a legit strategy, instead of focusing on the objective they will waste time looking for you, and some players get worse when they are upset. And it only snowballs when you kill them before seabagging once again.

You may call it rude, but I call it war.
I see where you're coming from. I'm the one to talk though, there's been many points in my Splatoon career of wanting to seabag someone due to salt but I held back due to sportsmanship, which is not easy for me and actually kinda hurts in my chest. I understand people do it to release stress or "damn, you're tough!", or the less than noble just do it to everyone they see which I'm against.

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
It's a legit strategy, but I'd never try to upset someone to win.

Certainly not all taunts are disrespectful. But like spamming dance in League, it's popular for laughing at people in a bad position. I'm willing to discuss what I think makes taunts more or less respectful, but it's all just theory.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've never actually seabagged anyone... It's never occurred to me to taunt someone after killing them. o.O Whenever I kill someone, my first thought is just to keep inking or go after the objective if we're in Ranked. I don't think that I've ever considered taunting someone. xP I'm not sure that I ever would taunt someone like that even if it does begin to cross my mind in the future. I just see no point to it I guess.

I don't really find it rude. Actually, I find it more hilarious than anything. It just looks so silly. >w< If anything, the person seabagging is just making themselves look foolish. ^.^" So I'm not offended or upset by it. It kind of amuses me. ^.^"

I've had a lot of people seabag after killing me, but I may deserve it haha. :P I enjoy whacking people with my Carbon Roller and I think I tend to frustrate a lot of people when I smack them from out of nowhere. xD There was one match tonight where we had a team of three rollers and the other team had a Krak-On Roller. The poor Krak-On kept getting killed by me because he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He eventually got me within the last ten seconds of the match and seabagged after killing me. The only thing I could think of was congratulations, you finally learned how to use that roller of yours. ^.^"

'Course there are people who do it to just be jerks but eh... It's an online game. The Internet breeds jerks so you can't escape them. I don't see any point in getting upset with it. Ignore 'em and focus on the game. Irritating you is probably what they're aiming to do and you shouldn't be playing into their little mind game. :)

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I normally don't unless someone does it to me first. I've considered working it into normal play though if I feel it will give me an advantage. A huge downside though is potentially being killed while doing it.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I hate squidbagging and I never squidbag a person after splatting them, even if they have squidbagged me. I find it 1) a waste of time and 2) childish. The majority of the time (although not a large majority) when I notice people squidbagging their team will lose because they wasted precious seconds taunting me. I also hate it when my teammates squidbag as I feel like it reflects poorly on my team and I'd rather them ink some turf or push the objective.

I will "squidparty" when my team has a DC and we are losing really badly though...often out of frustration...

One time I played leap-squid with a few teammates...

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
If you do it to me. I'm not gonna bother helping you if you end up on the same team as me and just lose on purpose. And I'll keep doing it until you leave.

But really, wasn't there already a thread on this? That got locked?

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I only do it with my close friends, or with a very obvious imbalance with teams. For example, level 30 and lower, or A rank and lower. Even then, it depends entirely on how sizable our lead is. If our oponents are just completely wiped out for like, 30 seconds of the game, and we got objective completely covered, I may consider it, especially if I took out the whole team by myself multiple times.

The problem is that those sizable leads are too infrequent, so the ocassion does not occur at any time where it could have a benefit for myself or my teammates. Besides, that time could be spent making all sorts of plans to taking out your opponents and finding a better position on the battlefield.

Last edited:

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
*Get splatted by a really good flank worthy of a toast*

"Why sir, that was a good one! I have found a worthy rival, I-"

*He squidbags furiously*

FOOL! You have incurred my wrath! For that I will make sure you suffer in pain and I will hunt you until you have been painted across every wall in the arena you stand in at this very moment!

So yeah, if there is a reason I ever finish a match with 15 kills and 200p in turf painted, it's because I got squidbagged. I sometimes wonder how I manage to get so salty over the most stupid things leading to many existential crises while playing Splatoon

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Which do you prefer? Getting seabagged or getting roasted on voice chat?:rolleyes:
Absolutely getting seabagged, let's not forget that Splatoon is aimed at the kiddies as well. Younger teenagers and other kiddies are the reason I have VC turned off in my other online games.
This is a pretty petty point, but I played acoustic bass for 6-7 years and along with my tenor voice, high voices seriously mess with my sensitive ears.

That said, getting roasted by kids on vc is one of the funnier things because their insults are pretty cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom