• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging general

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
I certainly have seabagged before. Much like other people in the thread, it's mostly if they did it first, and it doesnt waste time. That being said it probably happens like once every hundred matches? Generally speaking I dont see seabagging aside from turf war where people think they are tough stuff. And when every I see it in ranked I wonder why they are wasting precious time.

If anything I use the two vocal cues a lot, spamming them constantly if team mates are awake yet or spamming it after killing someone. But really I'm trying to just not waste time in matches, time is too essential.

Sasorin

Inkling
I did it unknowingly because a person on my team next to me did it as well. I've seen it done and It honestly never bothered me.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Actually sir, you have a great point. I'd rather get seabagged than what horrors voice chat would bring. One trip to Youtube speaks a whole lot in regards to voice chat...
At least with seabagging, you don't have to hear an annoying 7-year-old cursing up a storm at you. If I ever played a game against someone like that, I turn it off immediately.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
Man, where were all you guys a few months back when kids on the forums were getting all defensive about seabagging? At least people can see it for what it is.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
At least with seabagging, you don't have to hear an annoying 7-year-old cursing up a storm at you. If I ever played a game against someone like that, I turn it off immediately.
You and me both. The sound of Children, especially screaming in my mic, is enough to make me turf off my system and cool my head.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
I see it thus:

1. Kids celebrating a victorious splat. (Kids will be kids)
2. Teens just being little jerks. (We were all teens at some point)
3. Adults which 'think' they are cool but are merely boogers with control pads. (Don't list this on your resume)

As a rule, I reserve my seabagging for the snot that overdoes it.
Win or lose, I hunt the sucker down, splat his butt then...

Well, you get the idea.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Man, where were all you guys a few months back when kids on the forums were getting all defensive about seabagging? At least people can see it for what it is.
Yea I got blasted for making that thread. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I only do it in Inkopolis Plaza, and even then, it's usually just to annoy my friends/teammates if we're having voice chat via Skype or something.

I think it's hilarious to run in to, and is much preferred to the alternatives that plagued games of yonder disrespect.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I don't care when someone squidbags, if they want to squidbag instead of doing the objective or inking turf, then it just makes it easier for my team and I to win.

robosteven

Inkling
NNID
robosteven
Context is important.

I don't mind arrogant kids doing it and then getting wrecked because they're not good at the game.

I do mind some ******* doing it every time he gets a kill, dominating the entire game, and not being able to take a shot at him. It's antagonizing and that's all there is to it. It can be a challenge to some, but as a whole the purpose is to make fun of you, and why would anyone want to keep playing after getting consistently killed only to hear *FLOOP FLOOP FLOOP FLOOP FLOOP* every goddamn time?

Last edited:

Jrdellx

Full Squid
Oh dear, I do it all the time :rolleyes:. To people who kill me. As a way to say "Got you back" Or just for fun. To see them try to hunt me down then I do it all over again. Fiends, squad members are not off limits. I have squidbag someone and they did it right back. I have seen people d/c from me doing. If you can't handle the heat get out the kitchen is the way I see it. Get better at the game or deal with it :( Most shooting games have had some form of "squidbaging". I don't find it a big deal or care if someone was doing it to me. If someone squidbags me... GAME ON! :D The only place I would never do it is during a tournament.

Last edited:

Espyo

Inkling
When I get squidbagged because I died in a dumb way, I either laugh at it or just have a blank "what" stare. But if I'm getting squidbagged because some little twerp thinks his normal shots were so edgy that he's king of the world, here's what I do. I try to get him, kill him, and then squidbag WAY more than I should. Like way past beyond the point where he respawns. So whereas I saw a "heh, gotcha" on my killcam, he gets to watch me flop about like a madman about how I'm so fresh he can suck my squids. Hope you enjoy the obnoxious noise during the entire killcam feed, you inkhole.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Pff, those who do this want an aggressive reaction and unsettle the Inklings. It's like with lil troll babies, ignore them and/or laugh at them. Prefer the last one ;)

The only taunt-like-thing I'll ever do is when I get multiple splats and have time (and safety) for this:

Praying for their souls: Lowering my Inklings head via motion contol.
Squid Dancing: Jumping out of ink as squid and spining around in the air with the control stick.

They take time and are cute.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Pff, those who do this want an aggressive reaction and unsettle the Inklings. It's like with lil troll babies, ignore them and/or laugh at them. Prefer the last one ;)

The only taunt-like-thing I'll ever do is when I get multiple splats and have time (and safety) for this:

Praying for their souls: Lowering my Inklings head via motion contol.
Squid Dancing: Jumping out of ink as squid and spining around in the air with the control stick.

They take time and are cute.
Hahahaha, I love praying for their souls, nice xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom