• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
So does someone mind coming out the shadows and letting me know if it is possible to purify these semi shiny pieces of gear? Is it possible for someone to help me purify it? still new to this whole 'shiny' 'pure' save scumming thing

:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:
Cycling shirt :ability_coldblooded::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_quicksuperjump:

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
So does someone mind coming out the shadows and letting me know if it is possible to purify these semi shiny pieces of gear? Is it possible for someone to help me purify it? still new to this whole 'shiny' 'pure' save scumming thing

:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:
Cycling shirt :ability_coldblooded::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_quicksuperjump:
Yes, it's possible. Basically, someone orders the gear from you until Spyke offers them the first two abilities. They copy the save, buy the gear, and get the third ability. If it's not what they want, they revert the save and try again. Once they get it, you can follow the same process to get the gear from them.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Spyke wont get rid of the gear after 24 ours right?
If you dont purchase it upon viewing, it will stay there until the day change. It will not go away until you have viewed it, meaning if you didn't logon for a week, it would still queue that first item. You should try for an item everyday, otherwise you are wasting chances.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Well technically if you know you won't play Splatoon for that day you can also retry for that same item after checking it. Just make a save on the day you purchase it and reload the save if the item doesn't have the subs you want.

Only works if you know you aren't going to play i.e. work day, going out, etc.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Ok last question just to make sure: when do I save to be able to savescum for 2 slots from ordering someone elses gear? do I save before I order the gear and have to wait a a day each time it fails or do I need to save before I buy it from spyke so i can just reset the game each time it fails and possibly do this in a day?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
You save before going to see him. If by chance you then get the two subs, you can then keep getting a different third ability by deleting the save and copying again, leveling the third slot. Rinse and repeat. Saving after will give you the same ability time and time again.

oscat

Inkling
NNID
drlnklngmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-7537-3564-5110
Do Crazy Arrows with 3 quick respawns classify as shiny?

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Sorry for really bad camera quality, their nnid is Mamandil

edit: just realized i posted the pic upside down, The joys of taking pictures with an i pad on rotation lock,
i would re take it but he's gone from my plaza, so heres his gear
:head_eye007::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
and yes his octo tee was shiny as well but there's no point writng that down as it cannot be ordered.

Well this took a whole damn day!

However I was actually hoping to get 3x swim speed or bomb range up as I'm sure most people are going for pure Snorkel Masks and Squash Headbands so it woulda been easy enough to get ordering off of them, but hey I'm certainly not complaining! I'm just glad my E-Liter set-up is finally finished! Next I'm gonna work on getting Ink Recovery up in atleast the first two slots on the Black Arrowbands ( :head_eye004: | :ability_tenacity: ) as it's necessary for some of my combos.
i have black arrowbands with 2 :ability_inkrecovery: if you want them

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Inkster Jr.
I almost got a Pure Samurai Helmet on my first try:
:head_amb001::ability_damage: :ability_damage: :ability_damage: :ability_inksavermain:
It's still cool though, so I'm not risking a reroll when the rest of my gear is so awful.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
my bad, new here & just wanted to see if i could help someone out
This is actually the wrong thread for that as well. Here is the trading thread:
http://squidboards.com/threads/one-mans-trash-is-another-mans-treasure.2133/
Though getting triples from Spyke is apparently a 0.5% chance so most people are probably only trading rare triples.

I'm kind of new myself, is there a chart that lists all the gear and ability images (such as :ability_swimspeed:) I tried doing a forum search but I can't find a reference page.

myootoo

Inkling
NNID
myootoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom