• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Ace

Inkling
NNID
Resource
Hey everyone, I was hoping if anyone had any the following rare equipment. I know that there are better brands to obtain the subs the equipment is some of my favorite-looking gear in game;

:head_eye002:: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: Or a Mix of Both

:head_ncp003:: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: OR :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

:clothes_swt006:: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

:shoes_shi005:: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: OR :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Strapping REDS : :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: Or a Mix of Both

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. If you need anything I'd to check and please let me know if you own any of the listed gear.

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
HI! Havent been active for a while, but I'm looking for a pure if anyone has it. It would be a pair of moto boots, cuz I want to respawn QUICKLY!! If anyone has it, pleas tel me!
I have semi-pure Moto Boots (i.e. the first two secondary abilities are the same as the primary ability).
EDIT: Also, what are the chances of getting the exact same gear as the one you ordered? Will shutting down the console when spyke shows you the gear he got reset the subs? I'm assuming it ain't easy
I read that there is a 0.5% chance of getting all three secondary abilities. The chance of getting only the first two abilities is 9.5%, which is much better. Once you get the first two, you can manipulate the third. The pre-unlocked abilities are determined when you order the gear, so turning off the console when Spyke shows you the gear will have no effect.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hey everyone, I was hoping if anyone had any the following rare equipment. I know that there are better brands to obtain the subs the equipment is some of my favorite-looking gear in game;

:head_eye002:: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: Or a Mix of Both

:head_ncp003:: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: OR :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

:clothes_swt006:: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

:shoes_shi005:: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: OR :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Strapping REDS : :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: OR :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: Or a Mix of Both

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. If you need anything I'd to check and please let me know if you own any of the listed gear.
Sorry got none of that, though there are alternatives to some of them. I don't think it's worth going through the hassle of shiny making when you could just use say the Sun Visor which is :ability_bombrange: and favors :ability_inkrecovery: instead of trying to get Pilot Goggles with 3x :ability_inkrecovery:

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Hey guys. Im currently on a quest to make the ultimate ink brush ranked build and so far I have
:head_eye004::ability_tenacity::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Cycling Tee :ability_coldblooded::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:
I want to try and make them all have :ability_specialcharge:x3 sub and am almost there with the shirt and the shoes. The issue I am dreading is trying to get the triple :ability_specialcharge: sub on the :head_eye004: since Zekko has SCU as the unfavorable brand. Does anyone have the :head_eye004: with at least one :ability_specialcharge: sub? Three would be ideal but one is cool too.

EDIT: This outfit honestly is for effectiveness and style which is why I chose the glasses over the mask or the bobble had..or the special helmet.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
The issue I am dreading is trying to get the triple :ability_specialcharge: sub on the :head_eye004: since Zekko has SCU as the unfavorable brand. Does anyone have the :head_eye004: with at least one :ability_specialcharge: sub? Three would be ideal but one is cool too.

EDIT: This outfit honestly is for effectiveness and style which is why I chose the glasses over the mask or the bobble had..or the special helmet.
Is it possible if I could get the Black Arrowbands off you? Still haven't been able to buy them even though I've bought every single item that I can so far...

Ace

Inkling
NNID
Resource
Sorry got none of that, though there are alternatives to some of them. I don't think it's worth going through the hassle of shiny making when you could just use say the Sun Visor which is :ability_bombrange: and favors :ability_inkrecovery: instead of trying to get Pilot Goggles with 3x :ability_inkrecovery:
I've been using a pure Sun Visor and ideal gear. I'm just going through the major hassle because I want the cosmetic appeal while keeping the ideal subs. Thanks for the advice though much appreciated.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Is it possible if I could get the Black Arrowbands off you? Still haven't been able to buy them even though I've bought every single item that I can so far...
Yeah np, just message me when your free and everything.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
New Pure Get!
Swimming at the speed of sound
Fastest inkling around

Now I need to get a Lightweight Cap or Roll my Squid Hairclip.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Since it seems most people turned their Squid Girl Dress pure, I guess I'll just go for that instead and then return my Part Time Pirate to being a perfect with 3x ink recovery. I forgot who exactly but I'm pretty sure some of you all already have it, and if so please let me know!

New Pure Get!
Swimming at the speed of sound
Fastest inkling around

Now I need to get a Lightweight Cap or Roll my Squid Hairclip.
Noice! I might want that since I did start the purification proccess on it already, however I later realized I don't use that much Swim Speed on any of my combos and I already plan on getting a Pure Swim headgear which should be enough. Definitely let me know if you decide to purify the cap!

Probably don't really need this, but eh I'll take it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Your luck kills me man.
And I normally have the worst luck ever! :L

It's gonna get a true test today though, as after I roll a perfect:clothes_tes008: and :clothes_tes013:, there aren't anymore natural combos that are of use to me left, so no choice but to stop procrastinating and work on more pure/shiny gear! Here's some of what I'm planning on making in case anyone has any of this already.

:head_eye004: :ability_tenacity: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:head_eye002: :ability_bombrange: | :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:head_hbd002: :ability_damage: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:head_eye005: :ability_damage: | :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:clothes_shirt006: :ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:clothes_vest003: :ability_haunt: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_shi000: :ability_inksavermain: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_sht009: :ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:

I'm also gonna try and purify the Legendary Cap and Hero Armor Jacket, but yeah those can't be traded.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I'm wanting to work on them pilot googles, but the guy who has them isn't active right not because of uni. So I don't even have a 2 sub for them yet.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
:clothes_tes023:=:ability_recon::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
I don't like using pures since i tend to use a big spread of skills but I rolled this yesterday.

If anyone wants it!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well this took a whole damn day!

However I was actually hoping to get 3x swim speed or bomb range up as I'm sure most people are going for pure Snorkel Masks and Squash Headbands so it woulda been easy enough to get ordering off of them, but hey I'm certainly not complaining! I'm just glad my E-Liter set-up is finally finished! Next I'm gonna work on getting Ink Recovery up in atleast the first two slots on the Black Arrowbands ( :head_eye004: | :ability_tenacity: ) as it's necessary for some of my combos.

D

Deleted Member

I wouldn't recommend the Legendary Cap for an E-Liter since the cap is so big and makes you easy to see over ledges.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That doesn't really matter, but what does is the fact that even with 4 more strength up subs than needed for the E-Liter to 2 hit kill with uncharged shots and Burst Bombs to always 2 hit kill as long as one is a direct hit, they still wont against enemys with a single defense up main. Even completely maxing out strength up wouldn't be enough to break through it, so that's pretty strange and unfortunate. Atleast now I know that the most amount of strength that should be used on the E-Liter be 2 mains and 6 subs, as that's the minimum for maximum kill potential and give you essentially two main ability slots to use however.

Yeah this post has been off topic, but no longer! Due to the above revelation, I can now use another ability in my E-Liter combo aside from Strength Up and Ink Recovery. Well I'm currently using Swim Speed, but another option I wanna try be Tenacity. However none of the Tenacity gear's brands are strength ups so a new shiny is in order! Since there's now two possible Shinys I'd be okay with getting on Tenacity gear, I'm just gonna go for a triple on those Black Arrowbands. Already gotten Ink Saver Main and Run Speed Up, so this shouldn't be too difficult, I hope!

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I have one piece of shiny gear, which is the Fake Contacts with Defense Up Subs. I got it naturally and I'll probably reroll it anyway since Ink Recovery is better than defense in my opinion.

I plan on getting Pure on the Squid Hairclip, Legendary Hat, and Squid Girl Dress but I haven't taken the time to do it yet.

EDIT: Holy crap! I didn't know you could get triples from buying gear off Inklings! This changes a lot!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom