• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Njok

Bouncer
Unfortunately the Zekko Hoodie came with only 1 swim speed. I am still gonna buy it and try.

@Wingman is your 3rd slot unlocked yet?

Wingman

Inkling
NNID
TheTrueWingman
Unfortunately the Zekko Hoodie came with only 1 swim speed. I am still gonna buy it and try.

@Wingman is your 3rd slot unlocked yet?
Nope, it's still empty. There hasn't been a whole lot of interest in it, so I guess we can give it one more shot. It isn't really a reasonable chance unless there are a lot of people trying, since you have to roll for at least a two slot copy of the hoodie and for the third slot.

It's a better chance than getting an actual piece of shiny gear, but its still a 6% chance after getting the copy (are there actual numbers on the chance of getting 1-3 slots?). Still a lot better than the chance of rolling all three, but not really viable when you can only roll a realistic maximum of 2-3 times a week.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally wore the hoodie in a match. The third slot is :ability_specialsaver:

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Nope, it's still empty. There hasn't been a whole lot of interest in it, so I guess we can give it one more shot. It isn't really a reasonable chance unless there are a lot of people trying, since you have to roll for at least a two slot copy of the hoodie and for the third slot.

It's a better chance than getting an actual piece of shiny gear, but its still a 6% chance after getting the copy (are there actual numbers on the chance of getting 1-3 slots?). Still a lot better than the chance of rolling all three, but not really viable when you can only roll a realistic maximum of 2-3 times a week.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally wore the hoodie in a match. The third slot is :ability_specialsaver:
Oh well :D

Who knows, i might beat the odds and still get it!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
@Njok I currently have the same hat. If we pay for the ? Slot and distribute them as much as possible we have a chance.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Name: Japanese, can't copy it right now
NNID: huurinkazan5615
Gear: Blue Moto Boots w/ 3 run speed ups

Name: Japanese
NNID: ilfwimu
Gear: Baby-Jelly Shirt w/ 3 ink saver mains, squid stitch slip ons w/ 3 squid speed ups

Name: Japanese
NNID: 660-828
Gear: White headband w/ 3 damage ups

Last edited:

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
My name: Japanese (means frog btw :P)
NNID: Flyfar
Gear: Layered Vector LS w/ 3 Quick Respawn

Add me if you want to! :D

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Here are my 2 Shiny Hat fails -_-. Damn this thread ;P. I used to not care, now on the third slot, I'm yelling "c'mon baby! show me the money" followed by disappoint. Hoping the probability gods shine on my defense shirt....if not I will glare at them for a good 10 mins and pretend they care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom