• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP

I was adding slots to some of my less-used gear and this rolled naturally while playing. Not sure where else to ask this, but is there anything special I could do to try and improve my chances of getting the third slot (when I add it) as a special saver as well? My only thought would be to get to a point where a single turf battle would get the third ability, then save scum as it rolled the third slot after every battle, but that doesn't sound very convenient time-wise.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I have one shiny gear piece, which is: :shoes_trs000::ability_bombsniffer:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

Anybody interested? It's bomb sniffer so I guess not :D

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid

I was adding slots to some of my less-used gear and this rolled naturally while playing. Not sure where else to ask this, but is there anything special I could do to try and improve my chances of getting the third slot (when I add it) as a special saver as well? My only thought would be to get to a point where a single turf battle would get the third ability, then save scum as it rolled the third slot after every battle, but that doesn't sound very convenient time-wise.
I could help you perfect that. Just add me as a friend, then play a turf war with me while wearing the jet cap. I'll order it off you and perfect it, then send you a message as soon as I get it. I'm on right now, if the time is ok for you. If not, we can arrange a different time.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I could help you perfect that. Just add me as a friend, then play a turf war with me while wearing the jet cap. I'll order it off you and perfect it, then send you a message as soon as I get it. I'm on right now, if the time is ok for you. If not, we can arrange a different time.
Alright, thanks man. I added you, and I'll basically be available all day

Cyan

Inkling Commander

Slots are pre-determined when you buy from the shops and look at a delivered order. If you had done the save scum with 1 match to unlock, it would constantly give the same ability. The abilities are randomly selected with the bias in mind when it's bought. You can do the 3rd slot trick by buying a gear from Spyke with the first two desired abilities, then add the slot and level up, if it's not what you want, copy the save that hasn't looked, then buy and add the slot again and keep going until the 3rd slot matches.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Omg I just purified my sea slugs!!!!
Sorry about bad image quality
ooh I'd love to order those off of you

I'd like to try and perfect it too! Would you be available soon? My NNID: NeonLuigi

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Slots are pre-determined when you buy from the shops and look at a delivered order. If you had done the save scum with 1 match to unlock, it would constantly give the same ability. The abilities are randomly selected with the bias in mind when it's bought. You can do the 3rd slot trick by buying a gear from Spyke with the first two desired abilities, then add the slot and level up, if it's not what you want, copy the save that hasn't looked, then buy and add the slot again and keep going until the 3rd slot matches.
Thanks for letting me know. Glad I didn't try that then, I'd probably have lost my mind wondering why it was happening.

ooh I'd love to order those off of you

I'd like to try and perfect it too! Would you be available soon? My NNID: NeonLuigi
Sure, I can add you and get on in a few minutes

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Anyone have a shirt (any shirt, although I may have some I don't want to get rid of but I don't have access to my Wii U right now so I can't tell you which) with :ability_specialsaver: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or :ability_swimspeed: :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:? I need it for a Dynamo build.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Anyone have a shirt (any shirt, although I may have some I don't want to get rid of but I don't have access to my Wii U right now so I can't tell you which) with :ability_specialsaver: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or :ability_swimspeed: :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:? I need it for a Dynamo build.
My Shirt & Tie has triple swim speed on it if you want it, but tonight is the last day I'm available for a week, as I'm on holiday for a week tomorrow and won't be available again until the 19th. I play from 6:30PM-10PM BST, so hopefully you can get it ordered tonight. If not, you may have to wait a week or see if someone else has one before I'm back.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
My Shirt & Tie has triple swim speed on it if you want it, but tonight is the last day I'm available for a week, as I'm on holiday for a week tomorrow and won't be available again until the 19th. I play from 6:30PM-10PM BST, so hopefully you can get it ordered tonight. If not, you may have to wait a week or see if someone else has one before I'm back.
I’m available right now, and I just added you! Do I just order the shirt from you? What if I don’t get the right roll? Sorry, I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure how it works.

Edit: if you have any gear you’d like to get, just tell me and I’ll see if I have it so you can order it off me too!

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I’m available right now, and I just added you! Do I just order the shirt from you? What if I don’t get the right roll? Sorry, I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure how it works.

Edit: if you have any gear you’d like to get, just tell me and I’ll see if I have it so you can order it off me too!
You know how to savescum, right? Good.
1. Order the desired gear.
2. Wait one day or time-zone scum if you can.
3. Back up your save file.
4. Go and talk to spyke. Check the order.
4,5. If it comes with just 1 or no desired subs, load your backup file where you didn't check the order and wait another day (or time-zone scum again). Don't talk to spyke or the ordered gear won't be in the waiting list anymore.
5. If it comes with 2 or even 3 (3 is super lucky) of the desired subs already there, buy it and level it up until you get the last slot.
6. In case the last slot is also the sub you wanted, congratulations, you now have some very good gear. Make sure to back up your save file where you have the good gear.
7. In case it is not the sub you wanted, load the backup file (the one where you didn't talk to Spyke) and repeat step 5.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
You know how to savescum, right? Good.
1. Order the desired gear.
2. Wait one day or time-zone scum if you can.
3. Back up your save file.
4. Go and talk to spyke. Check the order.
4,5. If it comes with just 1 or no desired subs, load your backup file where you didn't check the order and wait another day (or time-zone scum again). Don't talk to spyke or the ordered gear won't be in the waiting list anymore.
5. If it comes with 2 or even 3 (3 is super lucky) of the desired subs already there, buy it and level it up until you get the last slot.
6. In case the last slot is also the sub you wanted, congratulations, you now have some very good gear. Make sure to back up your save file where you have the good gear.
7. In case it is not the sub you wanted, load the backup file (the one where you didn't talk to Spyke) and repeat step 5.
Thank you for the instructions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom