• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
Oh alright then
I have no idea how this **** works I just saw three and was like oh hey there's that thread about stuff

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
These two don't fit 100% into the category, but they are close enough to maybe get someone interested:

Purple Sea Slugs
Main: Run Speed Up
Subs: 2 Run Speed Up + 1 Defense Up

Squidvader Cap
Main: Special Charge Up
Subs: 2 Swim Speed Up + 1 Quick Respawn

You guys call these what, semi-pure/semi-shiny? Failed pure/shiny?

Also got a Red Hi-Tops with 2 Ink Recovery Up + 1 Bomb Range Up, but it kinda pales in comparison to the Neon Sea Slugs except for aesthetics I guess. :p
Even if someone ordered them the order of the subs doesn't allow for a lucky level up roll to complete a shiny or pure sequence.

Let's try and stick to the thread theme and not start posting 2/3 stuff please. @_@

MickX

Inkster Jr.
I wasn't aware of the former until a friend told me about it on Skype a while back. Sorry about that.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Was lucking enough to get these all through rerolls, especially the 3 damage ups on ink resistance since thats not even the dominate sub ability in that brand. When adding me make sure to list you are from squidboards and want gear so I will accept.

NNID: Judari (mii: DeezNuts)
:head_hat001: main: :ability_inksavermain: subs: :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

NNID: Kaliafornia (mii: N5⋆Kalia)

:head_cap010:main: :ability_specialsaver: subs: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

:shoes_bot003:main: :ability_inkresistance: subs: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I'd like to get added to the list!

Got a Straw Boater (main quick super jump, brand skalop (quick respawn)) with 3x special charge up.

NNID: grafkarpador

Last edited:

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
Does someona have a copy of anything in the thread? No one is amswering my friend request haha

And yeahh... Spyke is bringing me percfect copies from random gear too... I kind of hete him haha

Szion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Szionblue
Uh are you guys implying that people ordering this gear will have the same sub abilities??!!

idk how much this helps but

NNID:szionblue
Gear:*Shiny* Jungle Hat
Ink saver Main
Ink Saver Sub x3

Njok

Bouncer
Uh are you guys implying that people ordering this gear will have the same sub abilities??!!

idk how much this helps but

NNID:szionblue
Gear:*Shiny* Jungle Hat
Ink saver Main
Ink Saver Sub x3
Not implying, just flat out saying it :P Rarely works though.

Also that hat is no shiny. Ink saver sub is the preferred sub on that hat. Its still nice though.

Szion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Szionblue
Not implying, just flat out saying it :p Rarely works though.

Also that hat is no shiny. Ink saver sub is the preferred sub on that hat. Its still nice though.
Oh I thought shiny was 3 of the same ability..

but since you're flat out saying it,...but it rarely works...are you saying its more likely than a freshly bought item?

Njok

Bouncer
Oh I thought shiny was 3 of the same ability..

but since you're flat out saying it,...but it rarely works...are you saying its more likely than a freshly bought item?
In my experience so far its not for a hat like this. But for a shiny, which is 3x the same sub that is less likely to come, yes its probably more likely to come via Spyke then to re-roll it.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Some more pure gear!

IGN:
NNID:takafyi-ru
Gear::shoes_bot002:
Main: :ability_quicksuperjump:
Sub: :ability_quicksuperjump:
lol that's a funny roll on the boots. but awesome simultaneously. wonder what kind of bonus that is.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I'd like to get added to the list!

Got a Straw Boater (main quick super jump, brand skalop (quick respawn)) with 3x special charge up.

NNID: grafkarpador
ugh that's what i was going to try to go for on that hat! i already own it now i just need to roll that.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Okay guys, I've got a Varsity Jacket that's 'pure.' Obviously it's a given that you're welcome to add me for it. If you need my details my IGN is Squiddiam and I'm S Rank (why is rank needed again?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom