• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
WAIT... so this means you can´t order one star gear and get at least 2 subs? Is this 100% certain? Because I remember ordering a one star piece of gear and I got all three subs
Your memory is fine. that source is 100% wrong. I got a 1 star headband last week with 2 subs unlocked. I posted about it earlier in this thread.
Yeah, Njok is right. I ordered @SquiddiamFancyson's :shoes_sht002: and got two subs on it.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
WAIT... so this means you can´t order one star gear and get at least 2 subs? Is this 100% certain? Because I remember ordering a one star piece of gear and I got all three subs
That is not what it's saying. If you were to order a Snorkel Mask and it only has 2 slots then the default 2 star odds would apply.If you were to order Cyan Trainers with only 1 slot, it would be 70% to get the sub or 30% no sub. If a piece of gear has 3 slots whether from adding slots or being 3 star gear then the 3 star default odds apply.

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
That is not what it's saying. If you were to order a Snorkel Mask and it only has 2 slots then the default 2 star odds would apply.If you were to order Cyan Trainers with only 1 slot, it would be 70% to get the sub or 30% no sub. If a piece of gear has 3 slots whether from adding slots or being 3 star gear then the 3 star default odds apply.
I see :)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Before I spend too much time save scumming, does anyone have near pure Special Charge Up shirts or shoes?

Ah so basically on non 3 Star gear, adding n unlocking the third slot will not improve the odds for whoever is ordering it off you of getting just the first two subs?

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Before I spend too much time save scumming, does anyone have near pure Special Charge Up shirts or shoes?

Ah so basically on non 3 Star gear, adding n unlocking the third slot will not improve the odds for whoever is ordering it off you of getting just the first two subs?
Pretty much from my understanding. I think this is right because I have gotten 3 subs on 1 star gear before.

KleinBottles

Inkling
NNID
Kluirl
Add me to the list.

Retro Specs: Main - Quick Respawn. Sub - 3x Ink Saver Main
Sporty Bobble Hat: Main - Tenacity. Sub - 3x Quick Respawn
Cycle King Jersey: Main - Defense Up. Sub - 3x Ink Recovery
Plum Casuals: Main - Damage Up. Sub - 3x Swim Speed Up

Particularly looking for any gear that has 4x damage, Gear with Def/Att up combo (so 1x Def main + 3x damage sub, or vice versa) or Ninja Squid with 3x damage. =]

IGN: FUTA|Klein
NNID: Kluirl

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Don't remember, they had a male squid and Japanese name but that's all I know :(
I thought it might have been me because Japanese were in a splatfest around that time. But I don't have a male character or a Japanese alias.

NNID
Shadowinvadr
Looking for pure defense shoes and hats! Even if you only have the first two slots pure thats fine by me.

I have :shoes_bot003::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi005::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_shirt007::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

Njok

Bouncer
Add me to the list.

Particularly looking for any gear that has 4x damage, Gear with Def/Att up combo (so 1x Def main + 3x damage sub, or vice versa) or Ninja Squid with 3x damage. =]

None of these are shiny though, they all have 3x the sub that is likely for their brand. Still nice though and i'm sure someone in this thread would like them: http://squidboards.com/threads/one-mans-trash-is-another-mans-treasure.2133/page-10#post-90625

mozeurphok

Inkling
NNID
Mozeurphok
Hello there, I have a :clothes_tes022::ability_stealthjump: with :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:, to share, feel free to add me ! [NNID: Mozeurphok]

Last edited:

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Hello there, I have a shiny :clothes_tes022::ability_stealthjump: with :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:, to share, feel free to add me ! [NNID: Mozeurphok]
That isn't shiny. Shiny gear are triples that aren't brand favoured. The chances of it are around 1 in 4000. The chance of getting a triple in non brand favoured gear is around 1 in 2000. The triple you have is around a 2.5% chance roll, or around 1 in 35.

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
Add me to the list.

I have this : :clothes_prk002::ability_ninjasquid::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Let me know if you want it.

Njok

Bouncer
The anchor tee isn't a shiny indeed, but it would make a lot more sense to go for that one if you want ninja + damage. Else you're just torturing yourself for no good reason imo. That said the zekko hoodie does look cooler :P

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
The anchor tee isn't a shiny indeed, but it would make a lot more sense to go for that one if you want ninja + damage. Else you're just torturing yourself for no good reason imo. That said the zekko hoodie does look cooler :p
Yeah it´s kinda sad that my zekko hoodie isn´t that useful since the anchor tee exists :( but as you said, it looks awesome!

mozeurphok

Inkling
NNID
Mozeurphok
That isn't shiny. Shiny gear are triples that aren't brand favoured. The chances of it are around 1 in 4000. The chance of getting a triple in non brand favoured gear is around 1 in 2000. The triple you have is around a 2.5% chance roll, or around 1 in 35.
Oh ok, my bad ! Thanks for the tips!

KleinBottles

Inkling
NNID
Kluirl
Sorry for the mix up! =] Still looking for pure damage gear, though. A Squid Girl Dress with 4x damage up would pretty much give me a small heart attack.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish

I rolled these, what would it qualify under? it has 3 of the unlikely ability

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
Hi Squidboards!!!

So this Linen Shirt I have:
:ability_bombrange::clothes_shirt014::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

Has ink saver sub instead of ink saver main. Was hoping for ink saver main, but I'm too attached to it to re-roll now. :p

You can add the Blue Bomber to the list I suppose. NNID in sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom