• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Thanks, in the future I'll simply resolve it myself. Sorry about that. Was trying to salvage the game, now that I see it might have been unfair. This is why I say that no one should host for a while. Also no problem, and glad you enjoyed it!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
N1 -

Marigi- No action
African - Masonize: Thingyman
Reed: Rolecop Coco
Thingy: Kill: AFrican

N2 -

Marigi - Send message: Thingy
Reed: Kill: Boolerex
Thingy: Roleblock Coco
xCoco: Kill: Majora: failed

Notes: If coco didn't get blocked, scum would have won right there. Yet I feel it was better to have this Lylo so make them experience "oh **** it's our last chance guys!" and work hard to win. Sadly they didn't.

Also, Fawful had a posting restriction haha.

One tip: Sometimes, it's better to go after guarenteed scum. Reed was role cop, coco knew that she was rb'd, so they must have known. ;)

Last edited:

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Role PM's:

Hello, Marigi174. You are Rosalina. You are the messenger of time. You know the results of the future, and come to warn others. Knowing this, you know the best solution is to have great communication, yet the technology of this era proceeds you. Yet, you do what you can do best with what you have.

You are a town Mailman. You are able to write up a message, and have it sent to any player via the moderator, anonymously. To do so, use this command: Write Message: [message], Send to: Player Name. The recipient will receive it the next day. There is no restriction as to what you can write, anything goes, as long as it’s all in one post. Bonus: Your recipient may send you return mail! You win when there are no threats to the town remaining and there is at least one town-aligned player remaining.

Thread is here: http://squidboards.com/threads/shroomed-mafia-beginnings-role-pms-being-sent-no-posting.2884/ Confirm that you have read this PM and the rules in this PM.

Hello, xCoco. You are Shyguy. You swear allegiance to no one. You only trust yourself and your own sword. You live by the sword, and die by the sword. You are a mercenary by trade, fighting in the path that best suits your sense of justice. You wear a mask to hide your pain, and your suffering from all those around you. You have been through many horrors, and are very experienced. Nothing fazes you. You fear you may have lost a piece of yourself somewhere in the past, yet you know you must move forward.

You are a town 1shot vigilante.You may target a player, thus killing them.You win when there are no threats to the town remaining and there is at least one town-aligned player remaining.

Thread is here: http://squidboards.com/threads/shroomed-mafia-beginnings-role-pms-being-sent-no-posting.2884/ Confirm that you have read this PM and the rules in this PM.

Hello, Boolerex. You are Bowser. You are the anti-hero. No one likes you, but you don't care. Yet, this is a lie. There is one who looks up to you. You do everything in your power to live up to the image he sees in you. You have built what you have for a greater cause than anyone can imagine, but now you are building a future for someone else. This is your priority.

You are a vanilla townie. You have no abilities, poor you. You only have your voice and your vote. You win when there are no threats to the town remaining and there is at least one town-aligned player remaining.

Thread is here: http://squidboards.com/threads/shroomed-mafia-beginnings-role-pms-being-sent-no-posting.2884/Confirm that you have read this PM and the rules in this PM.

Hello, ReedRGale. You are Dimentio. You have been Peach's secret assistant from the beginning. Yet, you are only in it for your own selfish desires to rule the world. You truly wish for all things living to burn. This is your true goal, and Princess Peach does not even know that. One day when Princess Peach is of no use to her, you will also kill her.

You are a mafia role cop. Once per night, you may target a player to discover their role name using the command: Rolecop: Playername. You will receive a private message from the moderator containing their role name. Your partner in crime is ThingyMan. You can speak to him/her during the day and night. Here is the link to the qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/db4tKxYkbmf7Z You can also speak to your buddy on aim/skype/via pm, and you must put them in the qt so I can view them myself, and is much appreciated if you do.

You win if at least one member of your group Is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same)

Hello, Thingyman. You are Princess Peach. You have been fooling everyone. No one even began to question why you are a princess of a mushroom army, and why goombas hate you. You cause trouble to fuel your evil agenda. Your true desire is to have power, but you do not have complete power yet.

You are a mafia oneshot roleblocker. You may target a player, thus causing any attempted actions to fail for the current night phase. Use this command: Cause Trouble: Player Name. The targeted player will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Blocked]. Your partner in crime is ReedRGale. You can speak to him/her during the day and night. Here is the link to the qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/db4tKxYkbmf7Z You can also speak to your buddy on aim/skype/via pm, and you must put them in the qt so I can view them myself, and is much appreciated if you do.

You win if at least one member of your group Is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same)

Hello, African American. You are Mario. The Plumber of Mushroom Kingdom. No one knows what that means in that alternate reality, but it's a much more prestigious position than in Brooklyn. You realize your brother luigi is missing. You set off with your equipment to investigate.

You are a town masonizer. You are alone, looking for your friendly mason buddy. To recruit him, use this command: Recruit: Player. Once you recruit your buddy, you can speak with him/her during the day and night. You can also speak to your mason buddy on aim/skype/via PM, but please also post those logs in the qt for my own enjoyment.You win when there are no threats to the town remaining and there is at least one town-aligned player remaining.

Hello, Widdle Mac. You are Fawful. Many a citizen will claim you to be the villain. Yet that makes you fury. You know in your heart of hearts that you are not evil. Your mind has been twisted, and you have no idea as to why. You must step up and find your true self.

You are a vanilla townie. You have no abilities, poor you. You only have your voice and your vote. You win when there are no threats to the town remaining and there is at least one town-aligned player remaining.

Important: You have a posting restriction! You must post about discovery or a question like "Who am I... really?" a couple times during the day (Something about who you are and self discovery). Be as creative and as open as you can that relates to your flavor. Quote Shakespeare or something. Make it fun! You can do it as many times as possible. Also, at certain times, you must paraphrase Fawful's "I have fury!" Examples are "You give me fury, you know that?" "You make me so... furious." Use your imagination.

Hello, Squid Master. You are Waluigi. You have no idea why you are in this game. Yet, you continue to annoy the nintendo franchise by involving yourself in parties, races, tennis competitions, and even snow races. Wah this, Wah that, Wah Wah Wah in my baseball bat.

Hello, MajorasMask9. You are Geno. You are confident, and majestic. You will not let anyone down, you are the protector of star road. You will always be there for your friends, and you'll help them in whatever journey they set sail in. You fear nothing, not even death.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Important: I think it's important that we all do shout-outs, and have a great post-game discussion! Mafia is serious business, but that doesn't mean we can't all be friends outside game! Plus, one man did say: "As mafia when you win, always say "This is how I won..." "!!

Shout outs later.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Ehehe, it was fun.

I'm glad everyone was on the right track with me near the end and I was getting up this morning totally ready to try to throw around some more mist and make it harder to tell, but yeah. Damn, Thingy, you are scary. I wasn't kidding about that the whole game. >_>

xCoCo, play like that as mafia and you will never be suspected into rolecopped, like wow. It was like "hello everybody where are you?"

As for the posting restriction? I kinda thought that was what the "confused vanilla townie" was about. Glad that my suspicion was right... and glad that it was useful for us in day one. ^u^

Anyway, look forward to more games with you all! Sorry for killing you all. ;)

****inlwgejfpbysnwlfochsnelgifjdngpv

reed you played a meeeeean mafia game. not to say it was completely flawless (especially later on when you guys got more comfortable with the roster of players alive) but ill admit itd have taken A LOT of work for me to catch you. whether that has to do with overall lackluster town play or good scum play i guess well never know, but props as **** for fooling me.

thingy, youre a cheeky ****. my feelings about your alignment were mixed going into N1 and i knew that youd probably be the hardest read to garner, which is why i recruited you. unfortunately, D1 garnered a whole lot of nothing, and the responsibility, unfortunately, pretty much fell on me to make things happen, so i ended up showing my experience more than i wanted. obviously as a mason recruiter you wanna stay low key, but unfortunately i realized that that just couldnt happen D1. but man, if i had lived to see D2 this wouldve been QUITE interesting.

boolrex, you made yourself extremely obvious as a townie and did EXACTLY what needed to be done to rectify your slot. congratulations :)

marigi and coco, your lack of activity early is forgivable considering your experience levels, and because you guys really shined through with your towniness later on. unfortunately, you guys just got outplayed. pro-tip: it IS suspicious when a clearly expressive and more experienced player is still alive at lylo (lynch or lose). lylo is the time where you basically flush all of your reads down the toilet and reassess the state of the game to determine the absolute best course of action. in my head, lynching thingy > majoras was the right thing to do, but then again id be wrong lmao.

now...

widdle mac and majoras, i wish you couldve played this game properly and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt in regards to real life seizing your activity ability. but in reality, if you find it difficult to log on AT LEAST like two times a day to keep up with what's happening in thread and commenting on the gamestate, you shouldnt be playing the game. both of you made it really difficult to get D1 moving and your general lack of presence is really what led to your lynch. but once again, ive been in a place where irl takes control, so bygones be bygones, i hope to see you guys play a game where your activity is much better :)

squid master... this is the second time where you basically did next to nothing in thread, acting like a chicken with its head cut off. if this is your standard approach to mafia (stalling yourself because you dont have absolute answers), then unfortunately mafia just isnt a game for you. in mafia 1, you literally threw the game when you had moderate pressure at most put on you. here, you either refused to contribute or was so confused as far as what contributing IS. are you a completely new mafia player, because id understand if thats the case. but your desire to run a setup tells me that youre not, so you just confuse me. ill be willing to watch you play about one more game before i decide to strongly discourage mods from allowing you to play in games and blacklist you from my games as well. but please. play the game when you sign up for it. you played at the VEEEEERY beginning of mafia 1 and i havent seen you play since. you dont have to necessarily be GOOD quite yet, you just... have to try.

ran, a masonizer that can recruit an unlimited amount of townies is pretty strong in and of itself. but making it so that recruiting scum results in an "action fail, and you cant recruit anymore" and not a death is pretty insane cuz it basically makes me a buff cop. except even STRONGER than that because ill have the ability to distinguish whether i recruited scum or i was rb'd. also, this was said before but allowing town to decide the fate of that slot was a BAD move. it forces scum to, in thread, make a move they either dont actually want (the option that lets the townie live longer) or be exposed saying they wanna modkill em right ***** off. it takes away from the game, and its not your fault there wasnt much going on. im glad the slot was replaced in the end, but thats just not the right way to go about resolving that issue.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yeah man on that one I was adapting. I'll keep that in mind next time. It's probably better and safer if I just use masons.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@African American Yeah, I just play as a mafia as I would a town as far as I can tell--I wasn't lying when I said I was rather new. Here, it was that you were super experienced so in the day I was like "wow, this guys knows what he's doing!!!" At night it was "this guy gotta go."

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Haha well tbh I can't be angry Majoras is kinda dead so. Good game.

I'm glad one of my my guesses were right. I think town would have been better if some of us were active.

Last edited by a moderator:
@African American Yeah, I just play as a mafia as I would a town as far as I can tell--I wasn't lying when I said I was rather new. Here, it was that you were super experienced so in the day I was like "wow, this guys knows what he's doing!!!" At night it was "this guy gotta go."
yea thats pretty much my thought process too. good job man.

Thingyman

Inkling
You managed to clear yourself and after getting a slight push on Day 1 you became active, so you've got a lot of the bases covered.

I guess from here on out it's just a matter of becoming increasingly better at being able to pinpoint what is actually scummy behavior and what isn't. And really, you just need experience for that, so it'll come :P

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
You managed to clear yourself and after getting a slight push on Day 1 you became active, so you've got a lot of the bases covered.

I guess from here on out it's just a matter of becoming increasingly better at being able to pinpoint what is actually scummy behavior and what isn't. And really, you just need experience for that, so it'll come :p
The struggle to find scum is real

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Heh,expected that day to last a bit more but heh gg to mafia, I knew that you were mafia right after being killed thingyman, too bad I was too dead to say anything about it

Edit: Also while it was my very first time playing forum mafia, I got some expérence from similar game like Trouble in terrorist town (a popular gmod gamemode) and town of salem (which is actually very similar to it). Guess that showed in my play heh

Last edited:

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Dang @Thingyman you're a VICIOUS mafia. I had a hunch at the start of day 3 and then I kinda forgot about that hunch later on. I could learn a lot from you XD

@Boolerex you weren't in the game for long, but in your small number of posts I could tell you were a complete natural... in the town role at least XD IDK how good you'd be at mafia as I've never seen you play as mafia XD Good on you :D

@Squid Master PLEASE ACTUALLY PLAY NEXT TIME!!!!

@xCoCo Nice play all the way through.

I was a little thrown-off by the mailman position as this is my second major game XD I'm still not 100% certain as to how to optimally use that position ;;;; Still, I feel like I was much more confident later in the game (I was extremely unconfident early on in the game, which is why I was reluctant to post (that and I was reluctant to read 3-4 pages of stuff XD) and I feel that I'll probably be better and more useful next time I play XD. It'd certainly be fun to play as mafia, as I have a hunch that I'd be pretty good in the role once I get my town game completely down, and I'm looking forward to completely solidifying my playstyle :)

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Also, @Drez I liked the theme, and I found it cool how much thought you put into even the designs of your role PMs. However, while it was certainly creative, I don't feel like having a lot of the main antagonists of the series as townies and then Peach of all people as mafia was a good choice, as it just makes it a little confusing from a thematic standpoint. It'd make sense if it was Bowser and Dimentio as the mafia, Peach as a powerful townie and all of the "antagonistic townies" retaining their townie position, but I just find it a little confusing looking back on it from a thematic standpoint. Great game nonetheless ;P

I might mod either the next game or the game after it, as I have a few themes in mind myself...

for the less experienced players thst are interested in hosting a mafia game, i suggest you look up either very balanced open setups to host a game (they usually ALWAYS work as a good setup), or if youd like to customize your own and think about how youd like to assign PR's, id advise going through some of the more experienced mafia players that know how to balance a setup well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom