• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Why would you want him to be modkilled when he has the option of being replaced? Getting modkilled only means that town is at a disadvantage – you didn’t even want to poke him.
Because at the time it didn't look like there'd be a replacement, and the fact that there was a possibility for him to be mafia meant that, in my head at least, having him modkilled to find out his role was the best option.

Maybe if we go through Bolerex's read post we might be able to find some motivation as to why he was killed. It's just a thought. I'll take a look in a minute.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Ok. From what I can tell from Boolerex's post, this is his position on the people in the game at the time of posting (with Squid Master omitted):

Town: xCoCo, Thingyman
Null: Marigi174, ReedRGale
Null Scum: MajorasMask9
Scum:

So, if I analysed his post correctly, the person with the greatest motivation to night kill him is MajorasMask9. think we should probably push for more activity from ReedRGale as well as I have the same kinda unsettling vibe that I had earler. However, Majoras did say that he felt unsettled by ReedRGale which could be read as one of two things:
  • One is mafia and the other isn't.
  • Both are mafia and Majoras is covering ReedRGale's back by saying he was unsettled by him just in case he gets lynched, allowing ReedRGale to not be picked up on.
However, I am completely convinced that at least one of them is mafia due to me agreeing with Boolerex's reads.

@ReedRGale what do you have to say for yourself? More activity is needed.
@MajorasMask9 you haven't talked today. Enlighten us please.

Thingyman

Inkling
Thank for you your answer and also thank you for giving us your thoughts on the Boolerex kill.

Did you use your mailman night action on xCoCo too (it seems like it, from what I'm gathering)? What'd you tell him?

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Thank for you your answer and also thank you for giving us your thoughts on the Boolerex kill.

Did you use your mailman night action on xCoCo too (it seems like it, from what I'm gathering)? What'd you tell him?
I was only allowed to send one message, so I didn't send her anything.

Thingyman

Inkling
Ah I know, I only slept 2 hours, so I blame it on that :P

And interesting, okay... Well, then to brief everyone:

I received a message tonight from Marigi, the supposed town mailman. I immediately bought it completely, though there is of course a chance that he's mafia who has that role. I've seen some mods include it before for the mafia side as a way for them to trick townies, but I dunno, it seems legit to me.

xCoCo, you said you had some thoughts? I assumed that meant that you had also received a message from Marigi, but now I'm curious to know what it is now? :P

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Well, I guess I have to defend myself in some way. I guess I'll throw out my role: I'm a cop. First night, I checked xCoCo, she is a vigilante--she can confirm, I'm sure--and MM9 was who I checked this night. He's vanilla mafia. I'm laying the cards on the table here because I think I have enough information to get us back in the game and to prove that I'm what I say I am.

So, that's that. I won't even try to dance around it at this point.

##Vote: MajorasMask9

Thingyman

Inkling
sick, I was thinking/hoping there had to be one

of course you should claim here, good claim!

Honestly, I think it's now 100% that MM9 is mafia and my ONLY concern about this claim is... MAYBE it's a distancing ploy and Reed and MM9 are both mafia together. But that doesn't really matter for today, and if Reed is town cop, he'll get nightkilled tonight.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Okay - so I can confirm that I received no messages
I also believe that there is 2 mafia in this game as we are in a situation akin to LYLO.
If Reed's "reads" (hehe) are correct (and h/she is in fact Town Cop)- then perhaps Majoras was a bulletproof Mafia.
I shot him last night but my action failed - now I don't know if this means that there is a potential roleblocker (or he is a bulletproof town which I highly doubt tbh)

We musn't also not forget the potential of mafia rolecop but that seems a bit too OP in this setup-

I want to point a a finger at Thingy because we don't know his role.

That's all for now.

Thingyman

Inkling
I also believe that there is 2 mafia in this game as we are in a situation akin to LYLO.
If Reed's "reads" (hehe) are correct (and h/she is in fact Town Cop)- then perhaps Majoras was a bulletproof Mafia.
I shot him last night but my action failed - now I don't know if this means that there is a potential roleblocker (or he is a bulletproof town which I highly doubt tbh)

We musn't also not forget the potential of mafia rolecop but that seems a bit too OP in this setup-

That's all for now.
I'm vanilla townie.

Thingyman

Inkling

That's all for now.
Hmm

If your action failed last night, I think this points further towards a Reed/Majoras team, tbh.

One of them is either a bulletproof, a doctor or a roleblocker. Maybe they even have 2 of these 3 roles.

Marigi can't possess any of these roles, since he's a mailman. It's not me. And I don't think it's you. That leaves those two.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Hmm

If your action failed last night, I think this points further towards a Reed/Majoras team, tbh.

One of them is either a bulletproof, a doctor or a roleblocker. Maybe they even have 2 of these 3 roles.

Marigi can't possess any of these roles, since he's a mailman. It's not me. And I don't think it's you. That leaves those two.
I'm thinking more Mafia Rolecop + Bulletproof Mafia because Reed knew my role and it makes sense for my action to have failed of Majoras was bulletproof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom