Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
@xCoCo Ah, then here's my reasoning:

Majoras is experienced at mafia. Not only did he lynch a friend, but he did it based on reasons mostly related to roleplaying. Not only was he really accurate about the roleplay role itself, but he drew conclusions from that one post alone. It was as AA put it, "mad opportunistic."

I want to see some more activity from him, hopefully to allay my suspicions, but I must admit, I'm most worried about the experienced players because, while they are a major asset to town, they are the scariest mafia as well.
we are in this together buddy! also no sign of majoras for a while o.o;

Thingyman

Inkling
@xCoCo

So I've already given away that I'm now leaning town on you, but since you're the only one around to talk with, I thought I'd ask you if you feel that there are some things in this game that you've said or done that you don't think you'd do as scum? And why?

(Some people think this is a pointless thing to have people discuss, but I personally find it very helpful to see how people talk about themselves)

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
I'm just gonna go ahead and poke @MajorasMask9. I'm not poking redadil4 as I get the feeling a modkill could potentially make this game easier for us and I get the feeling he may be a lost cause at this point anyway.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
ebwop: poke MajorasMask9 for Drez

I had to say that lol

Also no point double-tagging MM9 as you get the picture XD

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Waiting around for Majoras isn't going to do anything - we should at least try something instead of waiting for him

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
@xCoCo

So I've already given away that I'm now leaning town on you, but since you're the only one around to talk with, I thought I'd ask you if you feel that there are some things in this game that you've said or done that you don't think you'd do as scum? And why?

(Some people think this is a pointless thing to have people discuss, but I personally find it very helpful to see how people talk about themselves)
Eh? I don't think I've done anything scum worthy besides not posting very much on Day One. I'm still learning so that might be why. But the things if were scum I would post enough that I'm there and try to follow the crowd. Being to ambitious might expose me and not posting AT all would make people suspicious of course I'd try and find a way to make others look more scummy then me if there is an opportunity for that.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Votecount: 2.1

xCoCo
Squidmaster
redadil4
Marigi174
MajorasMask9:
ReedRGale
Thingyman
ReedRGale

Not Voting:
xCoco, Squidmaster, redadil4*, Marigi174, MajorasMask9, ThingyMan

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

Notes:
Redadil4 will be modkilled soon if a replacement isn't found soon.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is July 15th, at 11:59pm

Thingyman

Inkling
Eh? I don't think I've done anything scum worthy besides not posting very much on Day One. I'm still learning so that might be why. But the things if were scum I would post enough that I'm there and try to follow the crowd. Being to ambitious might expose me and not posting AT all would make people suspicious of course I'd try and find a way to make others look more scummy then me if there is an opportunity for that.
Hmm, okay, I guess I wanted a more specific answer -- for you to point at specific things you posted and say "I wouldn't do this as scum" because of "blabla reasons".

But I can sense that you feel this is a weird inquiry, so never mind, it's cool.

My head is here:
I am town. xCoCo is town. ReedRGale is town.

I need to find one more town and if I'm correct on all my reads, we've solved the game.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Hmm, okay, I guess I wanted a more specific answer -- for you to point at specific things you posted and say "I wouldn't do this as scum" because of "blabla reasons".

But I can sense that you feel this is a weird inquiry, so never mind, it's cool.

My head is here:

I need to find one more town and if I'm correct on all my reads, we've solved the game.
I wasn't quite sure how to approach it XD Not to sound horrible but if Red was modkilled... that might help.
I don't know anything about Squid or Marigi at this point.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I don't think we're going to get a replacement and I'd really like to know if he's town or mafia

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I know he told me he was going to Sudan but I woul have thought he would have at least gotten on and posted or something

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
*pop* Sorry again I should be good to go.

However, even disregarding everything to do with the nightkill itself and how it should be interpreted, fact remains that African American is right. Majoras' vote on his buddy Widdle Mac is super fishy. Super fishy. He's an experienced player and presumably he should know that he will get nowhere reading someone based on flavor like this - and more importantly, he has experience with Widdle Mac and knows Widdle Mac... Nobody lynches a friend with such reasoning. If I had joined this game with one of my friends from my original community I would NEEEVER lynch them Day 1 with such flimsy (and opportunistic, as AA puts it) reasoning.
If I had simply voted for Widdle Mac without the convoluted flavor argument, would you still consider how I voted fishy? That's what the majority of players seemed to be doing toward the end anyway, such as Squid Master. Though having already established that Widdle Mac and I were close, given that it was already a guaranteed lynch on her with the little time that was left, and the fact that I knew she was going to be extremely busy due to IRL reasons, I think maybe you might understand where I'm coming from when I say I had to kind of justify the vote for myself.

If I had joined this game with one of my friends from my original community I would NEEEVER lynch them Day 1 with such flimsy (and opportunistic, as AA puts it) reasoning.
I didn't put much weight on the flavor argument I gave at all, otherwise I would have addressed it much, much earlier. But it was something I noticed none the less, so I laid it out as I saw it. I was also very open about the deciding factor as to why I was fine with the lynch, in that I knew she would be inactive (kinda ironic that I ended up being just as inactive :'(... My bad guys.) When you see 4/5 necessary votes on your friend and know that they aren't going to be playing, the idea of not wanting to lynch them Day 1 kind of goes out the window.

I totally understand where you're coming from in it being opportunistic; mafia-sided players are almost always the ones to try to over-rationalize their votes so that they look like they have a *good reason* to be voting for someone they know is innocent, but this is a bit of a special case to me I guess. I was simply being open about my observations on Widdle Mac after two posts from her, and regardless of what I said, I'd have voted for her anyway; the thoughts and the way they were expressed changed virtually nothing, save some reactions to the post itself.

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
Regarding my thoughts on the round so far, I am heavily leaning toward xCoCo being town. Squid Master, I feel hasn't posted very much and when he has posted has not said much, but this also makes me feel he's likely a townie (though nowhere near as strongly as xCoCo.) I don't think a mafia-member would feel too comfortable posting "just every now and then" without expressing themselves in a way that Marigi174, Thingyman and ReedRGale have done, for example.

I'm just gonna go ahead and poke @MajorasMask9. I'm not poking redadil4 as I get the feeling a modkill could potentially make this game easier for us and I get the feeling he may be a lost cause at this point anyway.
Modkills are rarely ever beneficial for the town in my experience. Because nine times out of ten, when a person is being modkilled for inactivity yet are very obviously active elsewhere on the site, that makes it seem to me like they have lost interest in the game due to not really having an "important role" so to speak. If you're part of an identifiable team as the mafia are, you're not just going to drop the game and leave the other member(s) of your team hanging. They're going to message you about the game and making sure you participate. If he was a regular townie, I can see why he would possibly lose interest in the game, though. But I do hate basing arguments on lack of activity rather than what people have actually said. But I am a bit suspicious of Marigi174 for not even wanting to poke @redadil4 just so he'll get modkilled.

@ReedRGale I can't say whether I'm really suspicious of right now or not. One thing I have noticed is that he's been placing a heavy emphasis on player skill and experience this entire game, going out of his way in the early game to establish himself as not having much mafia experience, and later going on to say that the more experienced players are usually the scariest mafia-sided players and thus the ones we should be keeping an eye on. But it should be kept in mind that new players can also be very scary mafia-sided players as well, and I get a vibe from Reed that I don't really feel comfortable with.

@Thingyman has been playing a very good game regardless of his alignment. On that note I don't really have much to say about him :(. But I do think:

My head is here:

Feels a little too hasty to me. It seems a bit early to say "we've solved the game" if your reads are correct, but maybe that's just me. Question though, were you assuming that redadil4 is going to be modkilled when you made this post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom