Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Thingyman

Inkling
@ Majoras

I'll respond to your last post in a bit, but I just thought I'd first note that I've seen and processed your response to my suspicion of you and unfortunately (or well, it's only unfortunate if you're town) it doesn't change my mind much, though I will say that I can appreciate what you were doing if you really are town.

Thingyman

Inkling
Regarding my thoughts on the round so far, I am heavily leaning toward xCoCo being town. Squid Master, I feel hasn't posted very much and when he has posted has not said much, but this also makes me feel he's likely a townie (though nowhere near as strongly as xCoCo.) I don't think a mafia-member would feel too comfortable posting "just every now and then" without expressing themselves in a way that Marigi174, Thingyman and ReedRGale have done, for example.

Modkills are rarely ever beneficial for the town in my experience. Because nine times out of ten, when a person is being modkilled for inactivity yet are very obviously active elsewhere on the site, that makes it seem to me like they have lost interest in the game due to not really having an "important role" so to speak. If you're part of an identifiable team as the mafia are, you're not just going to drop the game and leave the other member(s) of your team hanging. They're going to message you about the game and making sure you participate. If he was a regular townie, I can see why he would possibly lose interest in the game, though. But I do hate basing arguments on lack of activity rather than what people have actually said. But I am a bit suspicious of Marigi174 for not even wanting to poke @redadil4 just so he'll get modkilled.

@ReedRGale I can't say whether I'm really suspicious of right now or not. One thing I have noticed is that he's been placing a heavy emphasis on player skill and experience this entire game, going out of his way in the early game to establish himself as not having much mafia experience, and later going on to say that the more experienced players are usually the scariest mafia-sided players and thus the ones we should be keeping an eye on. But it should be kept in mind that new players can also be very scary mafia-sided players as well, and I get a vibe from Reed that I don't really feel comfortable with.

@Thingyman has been playing a very good game regardless of his alignment. On that note I don't really have much to say about him :(. But I do think:

Feels a little too hasty to me. It seems a bit early to say "we've solved the game" if your reads are correct, but maybe that's just me. Question though, were you assuming that redadil4 is going to be modkilled when you made this post?

1) You explain all your reads except your read on xCoCo, despite it being your strongest read. This seems off to me. In any case, can you elaborate? (I agree with, but I still want to know how you arrived at this conclusion).

2) I am myself leaning neutral on Squid Master, but I don't think you should lean townie on him for the reasons that you are. Newbie mafia players will often do exactly as he is doing. And so will newbie townies. The thing is that newbies don't have an idea of what they SHOULD do and so you can't give him town points for not doing what he "should do", since even as mafia he wouldn't have a concept of this.

3) It's funny. You bring up that Reed has been focusing a lot on experience and stuff. This is exactly why I am leaning townie on him. He's doing this from a paranoid mindset imo. A newbie mafia wouldn't feel comfortable bringing up such points imo. I might be wrong, but that's my read on it, at least.

4) Wrt my reads and saying "we've solved the game" being too hasty... This is just how I play (if it's a source of suspicion or paranoia for you or anyone else, I can link to countless games to validate this fwiw), but it should also be said that I didn't actually say that I was 100% in those reads. I am always VERY willing to reconsider and reevaluate. I am the type of person where I can see ONE post that sounds insanely townie and then I will flip my read in a second.

But fact remains, we are all trying to solve the game (or for some people, pretending to solve it) and a good way to go about that is POE: Process of Elimination. If we can find good reasons to eliminate 4 people from contention, that leaves 3 people and then we just try to find the best candidate from there. That's all I'm doing. I have a easier time finding townie tells than mafia tells, so this also gives some insight into my process and why I'm operating this way.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Thingyman more or less hit it right on the mark. Which is one reason I'm rather scared of him--reading what he posts makes me think that he could basically manipulate me into thinking whatever he wanted me to think. That's why, no matter how town he seems, I'm going to keep him in the neutral zone.

##Unvote: MajorasMask9

@MajorasMask9 And that's what I'm afraid of. That ability to logic a way out of any position. unlike Thingy, I'm going to lean town on you now. I didn't consider the special position that you'd be in voting for Widdle Mac in the meta. And while that may be an elaborate excuse, I've found myself in situations like that before and can't say you'd be lying for sure.

That experience, the ability to lie and make people believe what you want them to believe is absolutely frightening... and I guess what makes Mafia interesting. I can't underestimate anyone especially those that have been playing the game a long time.

In any case, I think I'll sit down and break down your, Thingy's, and xCoco posts later today or tomorrow to see what I can find.

As far as the other players go, I hope we find that replacement eventually. Marigi and Squid Master, I just need to hear more from you. What are your thoughts on the current posts?

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
@Thingyman my reasons for assuming xCoco is likely innocent are pretty much the same as what you said. I just get a genuine townie vibe based on the general activity, pleading for others to post, and interrogation of others. It's obviously not solid evidence but it makes me lean heavily toward town compared to everyone else.

Would definitely like to hear a bit from @Marigi174 and @Squid Master as well.

Squid Master

Inkling
@Thingyman my reasons for assuming xCoco is likely innocent are pretty much the same as what you said. I just get a genuine townie vibe based on the general activity, pleading for others to post, and interrogation of others. It's obviously not solid evidence but it makes me lean heavily toward town compared to everyone else.

Would definitely like to hear a bit from @Marigi174 and @Squid Master as well.
Ok, I have no idea what to say. I try to post but I don't have anything to add.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I'm going to state that Redadil4 still doesn't have a replacement coming. This means I'm going to give you guys the choice of either:

Voting for him to be modkilled; or
Voting for a majority lynch. (And saving modkill for later)

Up to you guys.

Thingyman

Inkling
I am confused.

If we choose 1, do we still get to lynch someone today?
If we choose 2, does that mean we proceed as normal and he isn't modkilled... But he's maybe modkilled later?

I vote to resolve him - to have him dead, whichever one that is :P

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
If you choose 1, you won't know that until he flips. Just to give you guys an option.
If you choose 2, yes. Modkilled later.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Anyway, I'll hopefully make a read later (stuck on non-computer browser ATM)

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I don't quite get the two options? If we modkill him will we know his alliance (1)

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
I'm voting 2. I think it's unlikely he'll come back, but if the possibility that he won't be modkilled down the road is still there I'd rather hang on to that hope than have him die if he's a townie number. I do think it's incredibly more likely that he's a town-sided player than a mafia-sided player. If he is modkilled we'd be exactly one wrong lynch away from a mafia win.

Part of me understands the need to get rid of inactive players but I don't really feel good about this just yet if we actually have an option. @Drez Out of curiosity, when might redadil4 get modkilled if he's not killed right now?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I tend to agree with Majoras here. If he is a townie number, which he likely is--I thought the townie/mafia argument was rather good, that is, if someone is less active, it might be because their role wasn't that important--he's got us a lynch buffer. Not to mention, there's still the chance of getting another person to take over for him.

Vote 2

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Heh that game seem interesting ; Can I replace that inactive player of your? Dunnos if I can. I never played dis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom