Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread

Cephalobro

Now I know Smashboards already exists, but I think Smash can still be discussed here. With that out of the way. What do you think they are not showing on purpose that you'd want to see?

SamPokeball

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4712-0785-3700
That hidden menu option. I personally don’t care about because I’m gonna get it anyway. Also can’t wait for those few more fighters to be revealed.

Cephalobro

I know they are hiding alternate costumes for characters that already have been revealed. Don't tell me they suddenly took out Mario's Fire Flower costume that have been in Smash since 64.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Couldn't really get into Smash when I attempted it, especially when finding help meant dealing with tons of esoteric jibber jabber and content meant for the competitive scene and/or players already familiar to the series.

So I gave up, ignored it, and stuck to Splatoon (smashtoon/splat bros bundle).

Think I may give this one a try--and no not because of the inklings!! Though they do sweeten the deal... <<;

TeaLeaf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6238-9624-0408
Literally every new character reveal trailer I've seen I've been wanting it to be a new Subspace Emissary reveal, but then it's a character reveal trailer :/

Also, they put the Smash direct on 8/8/18 and didn't announce Octolings as an Inkling Echo Fighter? Ugh.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What's "Subspace Emissary"?

Anyway, I think that Ultimate is pretty much complete fighters-wise I mean, can you really think of another realistic option for a fighter?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I'm hoping for that mysterious green mode to be Smash Run but maybe with online multiplayer with everyone in the same dungeon area.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Smash run was pretty much just an inferior subspace emmisary, so fingers crossed the blurred out part is SE and not SR.

Also Sakurai it’s not too late to announce Waluigi

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
There was a twitter post where someone did a pixel fix (citation needed) and it said like "spirits" or something. Idc if this is a known fact or not but just throwing it out there for people to find.

Cephalobro

There was a twitter post where someone did a pixel fix (citation needed) and it said like "spirits" or something. Idc if this is a known fact or not but just throwing it out there for people to find.
I'm hoping it's part of a new story mode, it would be especially interesting to see characters who are usually alternates like the Koopalings or Female Robin to be playable separately from their original fighters.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I am in that one group that is disappointed with Isabelle in Smash. Mainly because I'm not an AC person.

Now where's my boi Rex and his swordbaes Pyra and Mythra?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I am in that one group that is disappointed with Isabelle in Smash. Mainly because I'm not an AC person.

Now where's my boi Rex and his swordbaes Pyra and Mythra?
Why would you be dissapointed at all? The more fighters, the better imo no matter who they are.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If you should be disappointed in anything, it should be those Smash joycons (oooooohhhh~!)!

I found the Smash pro controller uninspiring enough, but the joycons went even further.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Why would you be dissapointed at all? The more fighters, the better imo no matter who they are.
As I said, I'm not an AC guy, so it doesn't excite me. Cool that AC fans get another a rep. It's just doesn't apply to me.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't understand how people still have hope for a story mode a la Subspace. That's not going to happen with 75+ characters.
Don't tell me they suddenly took out Mario's Fire Flower costume that have been in Smash since 64.
It was only in Brawl and Smash 4, not in 64 or Melee.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i will just say it...once i heard Isabelle was in i got very disappointed,from all characters that had a chance to get mentioned in my opinion she doesn't deserve the spot,she deserved a spot as a echo at most to me,but hey that's how i think about it >->

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
i will just say it...once i heard Isabelle was in i got very disappointed,from all characters that had a chance to get mentioned in my opinion she doesn't deserve the spot,she deserved a spot as a echo at most to me,but hey that's how i think about it >->
It's not like non Smash are "competing for a slot" that's not how Sakurai thinks.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
It's not like non Smash are "competing for a slot" that's not how Sakurai thinks.
that's the thing..you never know how Sakurai thinks xD even if you think that you know then you don't,but we all have our dislikes for certain characters,i just have 1 for Isabelle and i needed to have that out of my system at least once >.<

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's how it works from a game dev perspective, though. You have a limited amount of time to flesh out characters, so of course they're competing for slots.
Isabelle isn't the most exciting character for me either, but there's no denying that she deserved her spot. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's most popular series, so it certainly deserves to have (at least) 2 characters, really 3 or 4. And Isabelle is by far the most popular AC character. She makes more sense than half the roster, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom