• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

So basically, the wait for Ranked Battle was meaningless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Before more people fall for this thread: read my post and notice how people complaining purposely ignored it.
Because it's the purest form of fanboyism?

I did reply to your post. It made me sigh. The topic had actually calmed down before you riled things up again.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Fanboyism is defending Witcher 3s downgrades and buggy release. Being a reasonable human being is not fanboyism. If you can't come up with a rebuttal to the post there's no reason to throw insults.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Nothing I've played feels unfinished and servers held strong during release. A mode was locked until a requirement was met (which took 2 days), but that didn't make Turf War or single player feel unfinished.

Prove your view.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I get it. It makes sense, but if a game is unfinished people will remember it forever and it has left an impression on many people like myself as well as the OP. There's a give and take with all of this even aside from Nintendo. These publishers continue prioritizing release schedules and financial gain over the actual product itself. It's honestly something that is an issue across the board and a large reason many gamers are losing faith in this industry.
I see. I often find myself not feeling as strongly as other people do about issues like these...in fact, I think people tend to be overdramatic about them. I might sympathize with them, but at the end of the day, I don't dabble into whether I think a game is "unfinished" or not. If I deem the current and future content sufficient enough for me to have fun with, then I'm satisfied.

Call me easily impressed or whatever, but eh...that's how I feel.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Aside from the arguing, I understand where both sides are coming from here. All due respect to everyone who puts a lot of thought into these types of things, I don't really think most people who buy games are so conscientious. They are probably just thinking "I just bought a video game and now I'm going to play and enjoy said game" and that's about the extent of it. It's alright to discuss these types of so-called controversies, but this will be something that only a very select few people like yourselves will remember down the road.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Aside from the arguing, I understand where both sides are coming from here. All due respect to everyone who puts a lot of thought into these types of things, I don't really think most people who buy games are so conscientious. They are probably just thinking "I just bought a video game and now I'm going to play and enjoy said game" and that's about the extent of it. It's alright to discuss these types of so-called controversies, but this will be something that only a very select few people like yourselves will remember down the road.
Fair enough.

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
Wait wat? Splatoon isn't in a "unfinished state". Rank Battles literally came out in 3 days and the free DLC maps are spaced out so people won't get bored of Splatoon. I fail to see how it even close to being unfinished.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Fanboyism is defending Witcher 3s downgrades and buggy release. Being a reasonable human being is not fanboyism. If you can't come up with a rebuttal to the post there's no reason to throw insults.
so you compare Wild Hunt to Splatoon? Are you honestly serious by this post? Witcher 3 is a completed game compared to Splatoon in term of content of the retail disc. Splatoon come with a little Single player, and a Multiplayer Shuffle with a terrible 30FPS split Screen. this also cost 80.81$CAD

Am just pretty sure you meant the glitches in Witcher 3 but hey man, every games has flaws.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Imagine paying $60 for Mario Kart 8 if it released with only 3 cups lol. Yeah...Nintendo is better than this and that's why the OP is mad. Locked content doesn't benefit anyone but Nintendo. They get to put out a product that isn't fully featured and still reap the benefits. This is not something many consumers are ok buying into. If Splatoon were say $30-$40 at launch or a budget title...ok. The way Nintendo is handling Splatoon is very un-Nintendo.
So releasing a mode two days late (due to many solid points that Agosta brought up in his post that everyone ignored) correlates to holding back over half of the offline content in MK8? I don't think so, you aren't getting away with such a bad comparison. A better comparison would be Nintendo not implementing VR until a majority unlocked half of the content in the game.

The locked content had benefits that were clearly pointed out in @Agosta44 's post. I suggest you read it. If you don't have any logical rebuttals, then logically you are wrong. Calling him fanboy is not a logical rebuttal, and instead an ad hominem attack. You insult him because you don't want to respond to his points, which is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

I would be upset about the game being released "incomplete" only if the DLC was not free, and it actually felt incomplete. But it doesn't and the DLC is free, so I don't really see the issue. Essentially you get to play the game early instead of having to wait until August. In fact there is a new weapon and map that just came out, which has me pretty hyped up. No one is forcing you to buy it now, if you are so upset about it you can buy it when there is more content. (or use ridic coupons for beast savings like you did)

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
so you compare Wild Hunt to Splatoon? Are you honestly serious by this post? Witcher 3 is a completed game compared to Splatoon in term of content of the retail disc. Splatoon come with a little Single player, and a Multiplayer Shuffle with a terrible 30FPS split Screen. this also cost 80.81$CAD

Am just pretty sure you meant the glitches in Witcher 3 but hey man, every games has flaws.
One was released as advertised. One is on patch 6 in the first 2 weeks of release to fix its problems.

Nia

Inkster Jr.
So releasing a mode two days late (due to many solid points that Agosta brought up in his post that everyone ignored) correlates to holding back over half of the offline content in MK8? I don't think so, you aren't getting away with such a bad comparison. A better comparison would be Nintendo not implementing VR until a majority unlocked half of the content in the game.

The locked content had benefits that were clearly pointed out in @Agosta44 's post. I suggest you read it. If you don't have any logical rebuttals, then logically you are wrong. Calling him fanboy is not a logical rebuttal, and instead an ad hominem attack. You insult him because you don't want to respond to his points, which is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

I would be upset about the game being released "incomplete" only if the DLC was not free, and it actually felt incomplete. But it doesn't and the DLC is free, so I don't really see the issue. Essentially you get to play the game early instead of having to wait until August. In fact there is a new weapon and map that just came out, which has me pretty hyped up. No one is forcing you to buy it now, if you are so upset about it you can buy it when there is more content. (or use ridic coupons for beast savings like you did)
So it's ok to buy unfinished games for full price. Cool.

Senliten

Inkling
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Nintendo dropping the game on us on Friday was a big benefactor to it being unlocked faster. They did their homework and now see the game has a backing because players were able to simply pick the game up, go home, and spend an entire bloody weekend on it and enjoy what they had. To bash em for trying to simply gauge whether or not to pursue this new IP is no fault of their own. Hypothetically they could of released this on Tuesday, seen almost no real sales, and considered it to be a waste and not push the content at all until the next market update, but that did not happen. Not to mentioned you still need 10 for ranked battle. Which prolly helped push for a Friday release. But nahhhh, lets just ignore marketing strats cause the bottom line shouldn't be about sales, but about how some person crying over content that would of been gated regardless, unless you no lifed to the point of burn outs, was left out for the simple fact that no one would of really been playing ranked cause it would of been dead on day one, and only those that really got in early, would be able to curbstomp the rest with ease till more players started flooding in. Just like the still current outcome over in GRO, well before the OP as hell weapon packs that they have newbs buy just so they 'think' they can have an advantage started rolling out.

Forgive the aggression at the end, but the jist of it all is this:

Ranked was coming regardless, and whether players were competitors from other TPS or FPS'ers, newly fresh faced to the genre, or even simply being like Neo with guns, and simply knowing how to skillfully use their arsenal without any training, they wanted to give everyone a decent head start on feeling around with a new concept, before tossing us all into that thunderdome. It's easier to accept and respect their decision in hope to bring fresh blood into the competitive genre, than to blast them for doing it in a way that you simply don't like.

Also:
Nuff said!
Silly parokaz is silly~ I give it 1 out of 8 triggers, and a goat for effort XD.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Ignoring my post and then giving a sarcastic response that in no way refutes anything that I said? Pathetic. Immature. Sophomoric. Honestly I shouldn't expect better, but I really want to.

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
You're not even presenting a counter argument to make your point sound remotely credible. You're just making you're self sound like a broken record.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Ignoring my post and then giving a sarcastic response that in no way refutes anything that I said? Pathetic. Immature. Sophomoric. Honestly I shouldn't expect better, but I really want to.
Yeah, sorry, but you can't call someone something like sophomoric without being immature yourself; that's some extreme projection right there..

And hey, Ranked Battle is happening right now, yet you're on here calling people names. What's up with that?

Reactions: Nia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom