• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Can I say that in the Americas Splatfest, the Squid Sisters' color swap is so interesting and cool looking? :3

Also, I'm putting on my football helmet for my Champion battles. :P Go Coasters!
INKLINGS
DIE
IN
WATER
Actually, they splat, not die, and they don't suffer from water contact; they just can't swim. I think them splatting in water is a self-splatting failsafe to prevent them from drowning and truly dying, especially how the splat animation looks similar to the disconnecting animation.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
This is honestly getting very frustrating now. It seems like there is a huge skill difference between the sides in this one. It's seriously pathetic when you are fighting off like two or three enemy players while the rest of the team is struggling vs one. Which ends up with the enemy team having a lead that is pretty much impossible to deal with. And this is almost every single match. Im not that great a player so I cant be asked to carry my team :/
All this is doing is frustrating me at this point since no matter how hard I fight or how well Im doing I look at the map and the enemy team is bulldozing through our territory -_-

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
This is honestly getting very frustrating now. It seems like there is a huge skill difference between the sides in this one. It's seriously pathetic when you are fighting off like two or three enemy players while the rest of the team is struggling vs one. Which ends up with the enemy team having a lead that is pretty much impossible to deal with. And this is almost every single match. Im not that great a player so I cant be asked to carry my team :/
All this is doing is frustrating me at this point since no matter how hard I fight or how well Im doing I look at the map and the enemy team is bulldozing through our territory -_-
I assume you are on Team Waterslide, because the same thing is happening to me.

I keep destroying everyone in sight and inking all over the place..and my team keeps losing..over..and over..and over..and over again.

I am being ganged up on constantly.

I am not having fun so far.

I don't like losing!

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
I assume you are on Team Waterslide, because the same thing is happening to me.

I keep destroying everyone in sight and inking all over the place..and my team keeps losing..over..and over..and over..and over again.

I am being ganged up on constantly.

I am not having fun so far.

I don't like losing!
Seriously? I am having the exact opposite experience on Team Water Slide. I've won - no - dominated the last 3 3v4's I've had against Team Roller Coaster, won one of them 62.2-28.8. I've seen a few good roller coaster teams, but most of them have sucked so far...

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Seriously? I am having the exact opposite experience on Team Water Slide. I've won - no - dominated the last 3 3v4's I've had against Team Roller Coaster, won one of them 62.2-28.8. I've seen a few good roller coaster teams, but most of them have sucked so far...
It depends on your team. I was on two high end teams on Coaster. On one team, the 3 of us were All Stars, wheter it was 3v4 or player that was new to the game that didn't do much but die, we dominated. And when the 4th player knew what they were doing oh boy. The majority of my games were steamrolling.

You can get some amazing Team Synergy with some teams for a game with no voice chat.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I'm on Team Water Slides and I also had exactly the opposite experience. I managed to join a couple of solid teams and got to King rank in less than 4 hours. Only reason I left them at all was because of DCs on my end. When you have an event with this many players, it's gonna be hard for one side to become overly stacked with better players than the other. You probably just got unlucky with teammates and/or opponents.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Ok, I am done complaining - finally got on a good team (shoutout to Taisar and Sam) and we won 5 in a row but then I got a communications error. Still, felt good to finally win a few rounds. I'm halfway to champion. Going to be playing all night :)

Good luck to both teams, sorry for the negative post earlier.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think I might abandon this Splatfest early; I don't like the maps (especially Saltspray Rig) and I always get thrown into teams that do some questionable decisions to say the least, and when I do get a good team they either disband early or I get disconnected in the following match. I've barely made it half-way to King and I've already rage-quitted more than in my whole Splatoon playtime

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
Is anybody else experiencing a higher than usual disconnect rate this Splatfest, particularly today? I get dropped after almost every match and sometimes during match. I never have had this bad of luck network-wise and I've had more D/Cs than losses at this point. My rise to Roller Coaster royalty would have been over a long time ago if it weren't for this as the teams I've faced have for the most part been pushovers when compared to last Splatfest in which I was on Team Cat. Of course, that's probably just me being lucky, though.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I think I might abandon this Splatfest early; I don't like the maps (especially Saltspray Rig) and I always get thrown into teams that do some questionable decisions to say the least, and when I do get a good team they either disband early or I get disconnected in the following match. I've barely made it half-way to King and I've already rage-quitted more than in my whole Splatoon playtime

I used to hate Saltspray until this Splatfest. Not my favorite but its just neutral. I learned that the top part is all that really matters. You win that, oyu have a good chance of winning. So what I would do is rush there, take it, protect it, and when my Ink Missile is charged, attack the bottom area. I know have a few proper routes on this map.

Don't give up man, even if your on the evil Team Water Slides!!!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I used to hate Saltspray until this Splatfest. Not my favorite but its just neutral. I learned that the top part is all that really matters. You win that, oyu have a good chance of winning. So what I would do is rush there, take it, protect it, and when my Ink Missile is charged, attack the bottom area. I know have a few proper routes on this map.
That's actually why I hate it. My teams tend to fail to secure the top, so I have to deal with Krakens, Inkzookas and a whole bunch of other nasty weapons with my .96 Gal (nothing else cuts it, unfortunately), and I can't even get the complete gear settup I run it with since I can't swap my Splatfest Tee for something with Ink Saver (main). I might just try to run the final mile, but I'm honestly having a hard time even turning on the console

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Most of my teams have been rather meh. Sadly, my team mates don't stick around long at all, usually 2-3 matches and then they start disbanding. I had some really awesome teams, but as they disbanded so fast, my overall teams have been bad to ok.

Also had situations where I am trying to hold off 3 enemy players and the rest of my team still won't manage against one/claiming as much turf as possible in that time. It can get really frustrating at times. Wish I could be one of the lucky people that gets a good team and that also sticks around for more then 2-3 matches.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Strange how in every one out of three matches I find a laggy player on the opposing team x.x
but all in all I haven't found a good team but a decent one at best

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I'm did not have a good experience fighting Team Waterslides these last two or three matches. I was completely Most of my experiences are muddied by salt (poor weapon choice, tactics), but otherwise I'm fine quitting for now. Super Sea Snails aren't too big of a deal for me.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Is it just me, or have Team Rollercoasters been having an issue? I seen lots of teams of three recently.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, I've been seeing some teams of three on Roller Coasters, as well as some less-than-stellar performances from Water Slides. At the same time, though, I do eventually find a team that's awesome enough to hold their own and back the other team into a corner, so it pretty much evens out.

This is going to be quite the Splatfest, don't you think guys?

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
Yeah, it seems like Team Roller Coaster is the less popular one, which means I'll probably be 0-2 in Splatfests. However, in general the teams I've been on for Team Coaster have been very good, with lots of matches with our team holding the other team to the spawn.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, it seems like Team Roller Coaster is the less popular one, which means I'll probably be 0-2 in Splatfests. However, in general the teams I've been on for Team Coaster have been very good, with lots of matches with our team holding the other team to the spawn.
While I do like my team and want to see it win, I do sympathize with your plight about the popularity factor and am genuinely anxious to see if Team Roller Coasters can pull off an upset if they're the underdogs. At least we'll have proof that battle victories can still matter.

EDIT: Okay, Inkipedia has this to say about this Splatfest:
About midway through the Roller Coasters vs. Water Slides Splatfest in North America, the colors became randomized for a few rounds instead of the standard purple vs. green before returning to normal. It is unknown why this happened.
Granted, it's on a wiki so I should take it with a grain of salt, but...really? I wasn't around when it presumably happened, so I don't know if it did. That would've been incredibly awkward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom