• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After going through hell and back, I became a Water Slide King... I think I'll stop playing Splatoon for a while after this #_#

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Finally got to King rank, but I been unlucky. So many disconnection and team 4 vs 3.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
While I do like my team and want to see it win, I do sympathize with your plight about the popularity factor and am genuinely anxious to see if Team Roller Coasters can pull off an upset if they're the underdogs. At least we'll have proof that battle victories can still matter.

EDIT: Okay, Inkipedia has this to say about this Splatfest:

Granted, it's on a wiki so I should take it with a grain of salt, but...really? I wasn't around when it presumably happened, so I don't know if it did. That would've been incredibly awkward.
I thought the colors would be randomized for if you fought the same team. Like i a Coaster vs coaster match it was Pink vs Yelllow.

Manta

Senior Squid
I've played 10 matches, all of them in different lobbies, and dominated every single one, (I'm team water slide BTW). The last game on Port Mackerel we cornered them so badly that even behind their spawn point it was pretty much all purple, we won like 90-3.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Phew!

Made it to Waterslide King thanks to great teammates!

I started my run with Hollie and James We just kept winning!!

Hollie was with me all the way to +13.5, and James was with me the whole winning streak up to 17.5. When James left the team we got our first loss.

James also had a Kraken Roller and we were tearing ink up everywhere and placing beacons in the right places..it was awesome!

James kept yelling Booyah! at the appropriate times, making the experience even more fun! We were trading off 1st and 2nd for the high score a lot of the time.

Gonna take a little break and then come back and help get some more victories for Team Waterslide before Splatfest is over.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Is it just me, or have Team Rollercoasters been having an issue? I seen lots of teams of three recently.
I always had 4 teammates for Team Waterslide, but there were about 3 matches where Team Rollercoaster had 3 players. Everyone was yelling booyah! like crazy when we see only 3 enemies, hehe.

I always feel bad for teams of 3, but I have had some of my best performances in turf wars fighting 3 vs 4 - being the underdog gives me a boost of energy!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Oh man, Japan's already preparing for its third Splatfest! And once again it's a sponsored one:

A new Splatfest has been announced!
The topic is "Kirin Afternoon Black Tea: Lemon Tea vs. Milk Tea".
Kirin has graciously collaborated with us [on this upcoming fest].
It will be happening from 7/25 (Sat.) 3:00 PM JST to 7/26 (Sun.) 3:00 PM JST.
Simply choose your team to participate!
Now I'm curious if that's going to be a thing with future JP Splatfests. First Maruchan sponsors a Splatfest and now Kirin Tea. Who's going to get in on the action next? Honda? Hitachi? Maybe even the Central Japan Railway Company?

It'll be food for thought while NA's Splatfest winds down, that's for sure.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I know what will never happen for NA; Coca-Cola vs Pepsi. None of those companies want to be losers even though it would be an interesting Splatfest.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Ugh.

0-2 Splatfest score.

I ended with +14. Don't feel that bad about the loss, only 180,000 squid monies (360,000 if you count the first Splatfest loss).

:(

Hehe, whatever!

Had fun!

Congrats to Team Coaster!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
And here I am thinkin' Roller Coasters lost but we fought on
Coast on baby :P

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
Got to eternal eating girl. I think I'm done playing for the day, but it'll be interesting to see who wins tomorrow.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Ah, well, I guess I'm instinctively magnetized to losing teams, but that's okay!

Admittedly, I wasn't able to put 100% in as far as grinding wins goes because my internet was out since midnight the night before until 4pm EST.

Alas, good stuff to my Water Slides brethren and to Rollercoasters for the W.

Dream21

Full Squid
GG Roller Coasters. Grats on winning with less popularity! Happy you proved the point of it not being that important, at least not in relatively close-sided Splatfest.
I'm now 0-2 Splatfest wise, but that means I have vengeance stored for the next one! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom