• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Wow, that was such a shut-out. It's too bad they don't show everyone's points during Splatfests, otherwise I could see just how badly she got wrecked.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I was on a great run for awhile for Team Cat with 2 awesome rollers: Rikers and Aubrey. Rikers I think had a carbon roller and Aubrey had a kraken roller like me. Rikers and Aubrey were competing for first and 2nd but I was doing well too sometimes I was in 3rd place with 8 kills 0 deaths. These were some competitive matches.

Unfortunately we never had a strong 4th and we lost the last few matches and I took a little break. I'm only +7.5 unfortunately. Was up to +13.5.

Still having fun! I'll be playing all night! Hope to see some Squidboard peeps, Cats and Dogs too ;)

The N

Inkling
NNID
meruna
I am Eternal Rock Fan after 3 1/2 hours. I won 70% of my matches through spawncamping. Its really easy, but i also think my enemies sucked and i had a really good team. At the end i had a streak of 22.5.

Lost only 3-5 matches, cause my team changed sometimes.

Krak-On Kraken

Inkling
NNID
Konofox
Wow, that was such a shut-out. It's too bad they don't show everyone's points during Splatfests, otherwise I could see just how badly she got wrecked.
She did keep trying to break out and even got some kills in there, though, so hopefully she didn't get rekt too badly.
Which reminds me. A while back I had a match where all the other members on my team got disconnected, and I just inkbagged at the spawn point for the whole match. Then the other team joined in. Actually, that was fun, too.

NNID
Kaina-Dani
Just got done playing my first 'shift' for Team Dogs!! Lost more than I won, but you know what? It was A LOT of fun! There were a lot of really, really good Team Cat players and I've got nothing but respect for my feline inklings!
But wow...that last team I had before we got disconnected (tragic)...we were on a ROLL! To Danilo, Dany, and Hayden: This is Zina saying you guys were the best team I've ever had! It's like we had voicechat even though we didn't. Ahhhhh...amazingness and made Splatfest totally worth it! Win or lose for my Doggies!

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
got Cat Queen. i was able to do some games, but not as much others do at the moment. suck to have headache. What matters is reward i will get this night.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I had no problem earlier today, but last four hours I've had horrible disconnects during the games. I can't play like that.
Watching streams right now seems there is a ton more dog teams, also tons of other people are disconnecting at the moment.
There must be an issue with the network. It started about Lunch Time/Afternoon when most of the US started playing. I think it might be because my Wii U is America Region and I'm in Europe.

Last edited:

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Been DC once, but overall i noticed a lot of moment been outnumber because of some partners been DC. hopefully this isn't my connection in all cause this.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I had no problem earlier today, but last four hours I've had horrible disconnects during the games. I can't play like that.
Watching streams right now seems there is a ton more dog teams, also tons of other people are disconnecting at the moment.
There must be an issue with the network. It started about Lunch Time/Afternoon when most of the US started playing. I think it might be because my Wii U is America Region and I'm in Europe.
It's kinda funny that people say there aren't enough Team Cat players when I had no trouble finding teams last night. Maybe alot of the Cat players stayed up to play. Cats are nocturnal after all :P

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Had a pretty good run for Team Rock so far. Though I have noticed that opposing Pop-Teams seem to be a lot harder to beat than opposing Rock-Teams. :/ Hopefully Pop does not do too well, haha.

No DCs, no lags.
But I've had this one team member who started moving and shooting before the countdown was finished. So he started moving + shooting before the match even started, already painting (like 1 second before the rest of the team).
That happened about 3 times, left after the third match because it felt strange.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Halfway to Cat King. I'll try to to make the final push tonight, but there's no guarantees since my family's TV is going to be used for several other things besides Splatoon.

That said, GO CATS!

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Luna blaster all the way to Cat King! Done well, got like 35 on the Hot-o-meter. enjoyed most of the teams I had until I would be forcibly disconnect which happened often. My experience with dogs has been that most are pretty noob though, often we get them to get stuck at the base, even one time they were down to 8 percent only with all 4 or maybe 3 of them on. This is how I got 25 - 1 or something in Walleye Warehouse.

That being said I hate that maps don't change. Playing the same maps all day makes me not want to play.

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
So, after you have reached the final rank, can you still contribute to your team through winning games, or are points gathered by how many people reach max rank?
Also, do maps rotate?

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Its % votes + % wins, so smaller groups have more of a chance. your rank determines how many snails you get i think.
Maps do not rotate.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Finally stopped playing for the night. :P
Got to Charismatic Pop Girl, will hopefully get myself all ranked up to Eternal Pop Girl tomorrow.
Team Pop on my end has really struggled, it seems. Very few wins. But it's still been fun - minus the disconnections and having to be on a team of 2 v 4. Ouch.
Loving the remixed songs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom