Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
I thought Callie and Marie would update you on the current standings but Iv not seen any updates so far. Day two of Splatfest for me ~
Gonna help Pop ride to the top, we started strong but then every error ever rained down on us and I went to bed.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Welp, its saddening to see that we lost (I expected to cats to lose but for opposite reasons, dogs got more wins/we more popular) Surprised by how popular dogs were. BUT gg to y'all. and 18 is way better than 12, I'm glad they changed it the way they did.
Just please dogs, don't use the snails for chew toys TwT

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
OH ****...I thought cats will win. Hopefully rock is winning...otherwise this would be another surprise. :/

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I am still a bit confused, why do some many people stop playing when they reach their max level?
You can still help your team out by winning games, even after you reached max level, right?

Also congrats to team dogs! However, I did root for team cats, even though I am from the EU region.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I stopped once I hit max because I was tired. It was a long grind.

And I needed to go hold my dog and reassure him that the fireworks aren't going to kill him.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I am still a bit confused, why do some many people stop playing when they reach their max level?
You can still help your team out by winning games, even after you reached max level, right?

Also congrats to team dogs! However, I did root for team cats, even though I am from the EU region.
Because it took forever. When I was Champion, I was literally scared of the level thing wanting you to max the next rank at 150-200 before truly reaching max. When I found out Champion was the last leveling I had to do...I did the Squid Inktory dance.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
It was a slow start at first, but I got to Eternal Pop Girl.

I wish it had some different stages available than Urchin Underpass/ Walleye Warehouse/ Port Mackeral, but it was still a lot of fun. Got to try out some different weapons as well. (Never thought I'd like a aerospray. But the RG is fun to play with. Got 10/0 with it once, which was surprising. The blaster is also fun to try.)
If my brother's off later I'll play some more. Have to Help Team Pop win, since there seems to be lots of Team Rock people.

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
I seriously expected cats to win, but there's no real reason for that other than I like cats. Too bad!

I kinda laughed at the very literal translations of the rank names for EU (English version at least)
I like the sound of Eternal though. But imagine if we'd had Cats vs Dogs over here with our naming conventions. Eternal Cat Girl...

Urchin Underpass for a whole day is just cruel!! I played for about 5 hours last night (from when it first started) to get to top rank. I lost a lot at first, then towards the end it started to get more even, eventually getting more of a win streak (still nothing compared to some people here though)

Did the whole thing with Carbon Roller, I'm too attached to it to change now. Go Team Pop!!!

Have some badly taken images of Inkopolis:

CJJLoyPXAAEfZet.jpg
CJJLoyOWIAAWgxT.jpg

Splatfest is cute but I'm worn out!

and I keep forgetting you can take screenshots via Miiverse instead of taking crappy phone pictures

Last edited:

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
I seriously expected cats to win, but there's no real reason for that other than I like cats. Too bad!

I kinda laughed at the very literal translations of the rank names for EU (English version at least)
I like the sound of Eternal though. But imagine if we'd had Cats vs Dogs over here with our naming conventions. Eternal Cat Girl...

Urchin Underpass for a whole day is just cruel!! I played for about 5 hours last night (from when it first started) to get to top rank. I lost a lot at first, then towards the end it started to get more even, eventually getting more of a win streak (still nothing compared to some people here though)

Did the whole thing with Carbon Roller, I'm too attached to it to change now. Go Team Pop!!!

Have some badly taken images of Inkopolis:

View attachment 798 View attachment 799

Splatfest is cute but I'm worn out!

and I keep forgetting you can take screenshots via Miiverse instead of taking crappy phone pictures
I kinda just got bored after I reached max rank. Turf wars is kinda meh, and destroying level 6's isn't the funnest thing ever.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Happy to see that Team Cats won the real battle. <3

I ended the night with my vibe meter at +79.0. Was too tired to shoot for the max. . .

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
Happy to see that Team Cats won the real battle. <3
:scared:
Whaddya mean by that?

Being Cat Queen was fun enough for me anyway. Didn't have much reason to care about win or loss. x3

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
:scared:
Whaddya mean by that?

Being Cat Queen was fun enough for me anyway. Didn't have much reason to care about win or loss. x3
I heard that the winning team only got 6 more sea snails anyways...so that's not that bad. (18 for cats and 24 for dogs)

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
I mean, cats won 51% to 49% of matches. Dogs won by popular vote.
What. :v
I thought the matches were the entire point in deciding the winners >_>

I heard that the winning team only got 6 more sea snails anyways...so that's not that bad. (18 for cats and 24 for dogs)
I have more money than I know what to do with anyway.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I mean, cats won 51% to 49% of matches. Dogs won by popular vote.

Well Team Dog was so populated we fought each other ALOT. I would say over 30% of my matches were against the same team. Those matches count for nothing >_>. I think at the end of the day it balanced out though.

I mean a 2% win is still a win, can't argue that for that catorgory. but I think those duplicate matches is why populatrity % is added to the total end result.

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
Well Team Dog was so populated we fought each other ALOT. I would say over 30% of my matches were against the same team. Those matches count for nothing >_>. I think at the end of the day it balanced out though.

I mean a 2% win is still a win, can't argue that for that catrgory. but I think those duplicate matches is why popularity % is added to the total end result.
Still, that's kinda stupid. If the popularity was the only determinant for victory,we may as well have not had the splatfest since the winner was already chosen before it started.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
All we can hope for is a new Splatfest theme that does not bring out the ugly that it does for particular pet owners.

Or do weighted percentages instead.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Still, that's kinda stupid. If the popularity was the only determinant for victory,we may as well have not had the splatfest since the winner was already chosen before it started.
Very True...but that is why it was not the only determinant and was not the number that was heavily weighted.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I kept losing and losing and losing! It took forever to reach the Dog Queen rank I desired but I got it! I was so scared that there was going to be another rank afterwards! That's why I quit a little after I got the max rank. But good game cats! Hopefully for the next Splatfest it won't be ______King/Queen and instead they will make new titles. I just really like the Eternal ______ Girl/Boy rank Europe had! But it's fine either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom