Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
So far, I'm a Cat Champion at 16/99, wearing my football helmet and red boots while using the Aerospray MG. Oh, and I learned that our shirts are mandatory to wear, so I had to max out my slots from the start today. :P

Speaking of which, the last match I played to max out my shirt was also the match where I faced YouTuber Tom Fawkes during his stream and beat him! :O I quickly checked his stream before the match to confirm so, and although I couldn't hear him on account of my headphones being plugged in (nor could I watch because I was facing him), I was awed that I got to encounter him. :D He didn't see the comments I left in the chat after the match, sadly. Hopefully his stream can be watched again later so I can see myself there! :D

(i swear im not obsessing srsly)

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Just became a Dog King!

There seems to be more dog players, but the cat players seem to be overall more skillful, so this could be close. I think cats will win at the end, though.

NNID
Kaina-Dani
I can see that. It seems like cats have stronger players. I dont know that necessarily but it just seemed that way from all of the opponents ive had this morn.
Cats are definitely very good and I'd say the average cat player is a bit better than the average dog player. They ink their base fast and seem to mesh really well with each other. The fellow Doggies I got teamed up weren't bad at all, but it was more like the Cats were just a level or two above us. They nailed the fundamentals and had some purely awesome snipers...

That said though, GO DOGS!!!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH

Made it to the peak rank a few hours ago, too ^^

I really enjoy the splatfest so far. It's fun to play Turf Wars again in a more "competitive" feeling environment. At least until you reach the max rank.

The one thing which makes me really salty is that you aren't able to join friends during splatfest. Me and a friend tried to get randomly into the same room by joining simultaneously, but it didn't work and we gave up after one hour :(

Vyvuto

Inkster Jr.
Something that really annoys me is the fact that I can't play Ranked battles in Splatfest. I haven't touched the Wii U today, but tomorrow I'll probably play. Any cats here?

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8

I got 1457p to put me over to Dog Queen ;3!

It took about 7 hours, I was getting horrible teams all day, but I got a good team at the end for a 5 game winning streak :3! I feel like Team Cats are going to ruin Team Dog in the final total, oh well, I got my 12 Super Sea Snails. Next time I doing some damn research for the better team, most Team Dog players were horrendous.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I reached the max rank (Elite Rock) and i can easily say that if you find the right teammates the matches are really funny! Thanks in particular to Nicky, Sheldon and Matze. :D Unfortunately i can't send you a friend request because i played a lot of matches and in the list of players wherewith i played i see only "enemies":((Maybe someone of you frequent this forum.^^)

The only issue that i had: i played a lot of matches versus other rock players, i hope to see more players of the other faction in future Splatfest.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Kept playing long after reaching Cat Queen, and I've just ended at a +34 streak. Although I may do more later because I seem to be having a good affect on my team's win percentage.
Its % votes + % wins, so smaller groups have more of a chance. your rank determines how many snails you get i think.
Maps do not rotate.
Really? % Votes? Doesn't that seem inherently... a bit unfair? Now I feel like I was starting today with less to fight for...

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Its more fair than 900 cats against 100 dogs. Instead of 800 points difference, its only (90% cats - 10% dogs) 80 points difference.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Super Sea Snails are awarded to participants based on the size of their team, matches won, and ground covered, which dictate each player's Splatfest Title. There are five titles with each one requiring a certain amount of EXP to reach. They are unlocked upon choosing your team (2 SSS) and at each of the following total experience intervals - 10 XP (3 SSS) - 35 XP (5 SSS) - 85 XP (8 SSS) - 184 XP (12 SSS).

Splatfest EXP is earned by participating in and winning matches. Winning a match earns you 3 EXP, and your participation bonus is based on how much BP worth of ground you covered in ink during the match. If you cover 200-399 BP worth of ground, you earn 1 bonus participation EXP; if you cover 400+ BP worth of ground, you earn 2 bonus participation EXP. One can earn a maximum of 5 EXP per match if your team wins and you cover at least 400 BP worth of ground during the match.

Once Splatfest concludes, the results are announced during a broadcast. The results are based on team popularity, the percentage of the vote each team received, and wins, the percentage of matches each team won. Win percentage is worth double the value of popularity. Players are awarded Super Sea Snails based on the Splatfest Title they have earned. Players on the winning team will earn double the Super Sea Snails.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Its more fair than 900 cats against 100 dogs. Instead of 800 points difference, its only (90% cats - 10% dogs) 80 points difference.
No... That's not how it works. No matter how many people are on 1 team, there's always the same amount of matches with 1 team vs the other. When two groups of the same team are paired up, it doesn't count towards the overall splatfest outcome. Therefore, each team would have a level playing field. I kinda personally wish popularity didn't matter, because that's really out of my control, but I guess this is the way it's gonna be.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
Sometimes I wish team cat can think that they can't go shoot throught splash walls

Key word: sometimes

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
It's also nightime around the back of Sheldon's, and you can hear the music from the stage - nice touch.
I also love how the "dummies" are glowing!
And when you get closer to the wall (that is the backdoor to Sheldon's shop on it), the music gets louder.
So many sweet and lovely details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom