• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I got to say, I'm having more fun with the consistant teams that Splatfest provides than the random teams we deal with normally. I went from Cat Fiend to Cat Champion with mostly one group (although it disbanded three rounds before I earned the title). At some points I thought we even had some sort of strategy going on

NNID
Kaina-Dani
Not sure I'm gonna reach Dog Queen but this has been an absolute blast playing this! Haven't gotten too many real good teams but have had the privilege of playing with a lot of Splatoon newbies! They were obviously learning the ropes and it was fun for them to get to play with some of you more seasoned, experienced players in turf wars! Let me tell you, you learn fast playing with good people!

Vyvuto

Inkster Jr.
Yes,it's eternal rock/pop boy/girl for europe though. You can see it from the MAX on the exp bar.

Btw. have you guys seen the inklings,Callie and Marie dancing ? 2cute4me...so adorable >.<
Damn, I wish NA had Pop vs Rock. I'd go Rock in a heartbeat and actually care about my team.

Apparently there are Source Filmmaker models of them in circulation now. Hopefully we'll get more cute Splatoon scenes.

Cola

Inkling
NNID
Cola64

While I unfortunately couldn't max out my vibe meter, I did get a solid 5 hours of playtime in and won the title of Dog Queen pretty easily. Shout out to my boys Chow, Patrick, and Haw Seow. We stuck together for a win streak that lasted at least 30 games.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
The Cat vs Dog battle is the only one I know for sure what to pick. Dog obviously. :) I like a good deal of both pop and rock music and I enjoy both bread and rice. If I lived in Europe or Japan, I wouldn't really have a strong preference.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Anyone else wish Splatfests were also for Ranked battles?

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Not being able to play regular battles during Splatfest it just dumb, now that I'm max'd there's nothing to do lol. Can't join friends or anything.

At least the nighttime gimmick looks really nice, I wish it was default.
This is when you name your mii "Cat tears" and go on a rampage.

NNID
Kaina-Dani
I did it...I became Dog Queen. Queen Zina. I like the sound of that!! Welp, I did my part Doggies! The rest is up to you! Honestly, I''ll be happy with whoever wins. Cats were just playing lights out all day long and it was fun to get to duke it out with them. Looking forward to seeing what happens!!

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
I stayed up all night to find out who won only to find out that you have to wait :/

Oh well #TeamDogs

Siege

Inkling
You know what salt is? Playing like a madman for the last 2 hours of the Splatfest to try to become a Dog Queen but finishing as a 98/99 Dog Champion and yelling at your Wii U that there's totally time for one more match. So much salt right now.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I stayed up all night to find out who won only to find out that you have to wait :/

Oh well #TeamDogs
Same. I had a very thrilling battle during the last match though and managed to win it by a few percent.

I'll never forget you, first splatfest :']

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Wait, what do you mean they're not announcing the winner right away? I stayed up for nothing?

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Sad to say I ended the night at +4.0 for team Cat, though part of the reason is I let my friends play who were new to the game. They liked it but they complained of the same color and ink and same stages got old.

I agree.

I played well past getting Cat King. I was on decent teams and we were facing decent teams. Matches were close most of the time. I played until Splatfest ended and was up +8 until the last hour. Our team won our last match at least.

I dug the nighttime Inkopolis rave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom