Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Some new gear tweets!

Google Translate:
""Tataki Ken Saki" is a brand that designers have their own names. A simple yet constructive design centered on monotone has been accepted by young people in the city and is handled in many select shops. The topic is also a popular secret, such as releasing a bespoke gear in collaboration with other brands."

And another...

Google Translate:
"This is a commercial image of "Taki Kensaki".
It is heavily rotated by Hikara Square's digital signage, attracting the attention of young people going to the city."

This is too good. Too pure. I really like this brand...
This is literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.

Also this confirms that we can go barefoot, right?

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also thanks to that post we can see we have got a new color in the game now....Grey, I wonder what it's contrast will be in game, or if it is a special color lock kind of thing

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Don't get too excited now, as we technically have white ink in Splatoon 1 as a placeholder on most weapon images(for the weapons with a part that changes color based on your ink color.

If they end up implementing a white grey, then as Saber said, I'm unsure what color they would pair it against... pink?

And grey/white might be problematic in that it would blend with some map's natural color (imagine having to spot grey ink on a grey surface on-the-fly during a fire-fight, could prove too dis-advantageous to the non-grey fellow, if he misjudges and gets caught in wet concrete xP)

@JoJoTheSalty Maybe barefooting? That brand maybe just doesn't do shoes... who knows at this point
We're getting flip-flop sandals at least =P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Interesting detail - the shoes have the brand logos for both this new brand and Takoroka. Cross-brand gear, maybe? That could be quite the change in regards to the brand favoring mechanic.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Interesting detail - the shoes have the brand logos for both this new brand and Takoroka. Cross-brand gear, maybe? That could be quite the change in regards to the brand favoring mechanic.
According to the text, they do pair up with other brands!

I too want to draw the models for the new brand
Help me
Don't get too excited now, as we technically have white ink in Splatoon 1 as a placeholder on most weapon images(for the weapons with a part that changes color based on your ink color.

If they end up implementing a white grey, then as Saber said, I'm unsure what color they would pair it against... pink?

And grey/white might be problematic in that it would blend with some map's natural color (imagine having to spot grey ink on a grey surface on-the-fly during a fire-fight, could prove too dis-advantageous to the non-grey fellow, if he misjudges and gets caught in wet concrete xP)

@JoJoTheSalty Maybe barefooting? That brand maybe just doesn't do shoes... who knows at this point
We're getting flip-flop sandals at least =P
It's not the exact same, but the Japanese Splatfest of Cream Tea v Lemon Tea has a creamish white against a lemony yellow.

While we're at it, any other color combinations that could be introduced/come back from Splatfest?

-
Apparently I have even more to say
The logo for the new brand looks like Japanese hiragana た
And that's all

Last edited:

jkid391

Senior Squid
@shani Honestly I like regional better. Some lag form being connected overseas is gone and now you're matched up with more people around your skill level. With global matchmaking you instead end up with either really bad players or players that will hit you to the ground, shoot you until you're dead, drop a truck on your corpse, push the truck away and go nuclear on your dead body (*cough* Japanese pros *cough*).

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I drew one and made characters out of 3 of the models
This is the short tentacled one, who I decided likes to go black. Her name's fittingly Kuro, and is triplets with the boy in the video and the long tentacled Inkling for the first(?) picture.

Attachments

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Did you hear? The word about new gear?

Of course you haven't. Here's some more:
Google Translate:
"A popular brand "Jimon" popular among squid adults who are a little high in sense.
Sophisticated design that is casual yet luxurious, material sticking to the touch and careful sewing has a reputation for eye-catching squids.
Besides tops, it has expanded items such as eyewear and shoes widely."

Popular among squid adults? Huh.

EDIT: Splatoon US made some new posts too. About Salmon Run and gear we've seen already from Splatoon JP.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's just Splash Mob, good to see they're back all the same :P

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Did you hear? The word about new gear?

Of course you haven't. Here's some more:
Google Translate:
"A popular brand "Jimon" popular among squid adults who are a little high in sense.
Sophisticated design that is casual yet luxurious, material sticking to the touch and careful sewing has a reputation for eye-catching squids.
Besides tops, it has expanded items such as eyewear and shoes widely."

Popular among squid adults? Huh.

EDIT: Splatoon US made some new posts too. About Salmon Run and gear we've seen already from Splatoon JP.
Must not make a joke...Must not make...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It looks like they've added a touch of detail to the baby jelly tee... in that it's actually little baby jelly fish on there instead of just blue polka dots.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Aaah was beaten with the video link. Im VERY interested in this hero mode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom