Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luminario

Full Squid
You know, I really wish more people knew you could hit the Drizzler's torpedoes back at it to kill it quickly. Too many times have I tried to do this only for someone to come out at the side and hit it at the wrong angle so it flies off into the distance.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You know, I really wish more people knew you could hit the Drizzler's torpedoes back at it to kill it quickly. Too many times have I tried to do this only for someone to come out at the side and hit it at the wrong angle so it flies off into the distance.
The problem is that it can be easy to miss the Drizzler with the torpedo, and by the time you've finished shooting the torpedo the Drizzler will have flipped over again. Kind of a catch-22 situation!

the

Inkling Commander
SAAAAAME

Too many times I've been taking aim at one of those things with a charger or blaster only for my team's roller to slap it sideways into the stratosphere. Curiously it's ALWAYS a roller that does this too. Does it feel that satisfying?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Drizzlers are the second worst of the salmon bosses. The time you have to wait for it to flip over doesn't always mesh with what else is going on. But my #1 pick for worst is still the steelhead. Most of the weapons they give you just can't reach that darn blob leaving you no recourse but to wait for your teammates with longer range weapons to take it out. Inevitably the lone charger is somewhere else, and then by the time they get back there's 3 steelheads an 2 eels and a drizzler.

I have a special hate for grillers however.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think most people do know that you can kill the Drizzler with its own missile, but the angle is hard, and it's also important to prevent the rain from happening. It can be hard to see when someone else is already on it. I personally try to only take down the missile sideways when I see one of my allies ready to pound the Drizzler itself in the face, but I'm sure I've ruined a shot once or twice.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Noice, didn't think we'd get a new map so soon, and it's one of my favorites! Tenta Brella is also surprising, I was expecting the light version first as that's normally how it goes, but I guess they wanted another Bubble Blower weapon. I'm really curious to see how much range and damage it has.

EDIT: Looking over the footage again it appears to have a similar maximum range to Splattershot Pro/.96 Gal range tier weapons. It's going to be very slow though, takes quite a while for the shield to activate.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm more here for Snapper, i get the feel like it's gonna be my kind of stage. The stage being obstructed by water reminds me of Mahi-Mahi, which was also one of my more loved stages from the first game. I'm pretty excited!

I'm probably the only one who's not a big fan of Dome, felt too much like a melee fighter's paradise to me. Now that it's going to be in a version where short-ranged fighters dominate i fear it will become an inverse moray.

Having a new weapon with bubbler is always good.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I like the Brella, but that shield animation is ssllooowwww

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
New brella seems very useful at doing defense, something the current one sorely lacks. Potential gamechanger.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Welp... yet another week for me waiting to be reunited with either Bambi or Hydy... so cruel.

I guess Tenta Brella will do as a consolation. I'm already getting use the current Splat Brella. Even have a "git gud or respawn trying" set for it consisting of the Cycle King cap and jersey, bomb defense up and respawn punisher respectively. Still trying to figure out a pair of matching shoes and what ability to go with it.

Unless it's classed as a heavy with swim speed debuff, I doubt it'll be a one shot weapon. Or if they'll even raise the damage for shield bumping. I'll still try it though, because I'm me. =p

Hmm, wonder if the updated Kelp Dome will still allow for the 20second Rainmaker dash.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So happy about Kelp Dome coming back so soon, one of my faves from Splatoon 1. I'm a little bummed I'll be out of town for a little trip this weekend for its release, though I suppose I could take the Switch, but I'm still iffy about travelling with it, despite being one of its main selling points. :p

I'll also need to know if I get good wifi there. >.>

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Everybody freaking out over Kelp Done while I just enjoy the concept of having to control the middle area before advancing anywhere else of Snapper Canal. New Brella is absolutely huge though!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
**** yeah, my map is back! Now I can finally relive my glory days of murdering everything in sight with a Bubbler-boosted Mini Splatling, even if I have to substitute the Tri-Slosher for it.

A new Brella weapon is always nice, although I can't say I'm excited for the moment it's released and all my fellow noobs proceed to stuff every lobby with 'em. Though maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be an easily-counterable hunk of crap, not that I'd want it to.

The new stage is interesting concept-wise. It reminds me of a slightly inverted (and larger) Flounder Heights, with the central grating replaced by a death pit. Probably it'll end up as another giant-middle-ground-that's-impossible-to-fully-defend type of stage, but that's about fine. (Plus the aesthetic reminds me of the L.A. River, which is always a bonus.)

still waiting for some extra multiplayer tunes, Nintendo

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
The new stage is interesting concept-wise. It reminds me of a slightly inverted (and larger) Flounder Heights, with the central grating replaced by a death pit. Probably it'll end up as another giant-middle-ground-that's-impossible-to-fully-defend type of stage, but that's about fine. (Plus the aesthetic reminds me of the L.A. River, which is always a bonus.)

still waiting for some extra multiplayer tunes, Nintendo
But the top part of Flounder Heights WAS already a death pit...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
A new Brella weapon is always nice, although I can't say I'm excited for the moment it's released and all my fellow noobs proceed to stuff every lobby with 'em. Though maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be an easily-counterable hunk of crap, not that I'd want it to.
Part of the joy of every weekend right? And seeing how few people already use the brella and it's a new weapon, it most certainly will be easy to counter for the time being.

Might as well enjoy yourself and mop the floor with the brella noobs, yes?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Japan is ahead of us, as usual.
"The day after tomorrow on September 16th at 11 am, a new battle stage "Mozuk farm" will be added. It is a modern agricultural facility that is complicated like a maze. A passage of wire mesh is stretched over the wall, and shortcuts are also possible, but it is important to note that you can not hide yourself while walking. In rumors, it is said that the influence of ink improves the growth of crops."
"In the Nintendo Direct broadcasted earlier, information on the new Buki and the stage of Splatoon 2 was revealed! For more information, please see this image."

Edit: And here's the US Tumblr pages on these subjects!
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/165313043264/do-you-have-the-sudden-urge-to-fight-under-a-large
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/165313179304/we-also-have-received-some-details-on-an-upcoming
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/165313233114/it-appears-a-new-brella-weapon-called-the-tenta

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I have to admit, the new brella feel like it could be an amazing weapon in the competitive scene, It will likely have a long wait between shooting an opening, plus it restricts a lot visablilty which in a game where player need to position themselves to attack.
I can see some shell games (shuffling) going on with this weapon both in custom games or a niche tactic on some maps.

Snapper Cannal looks really fun, the water concept seems pretty good but the idea of only 1 way to cross could easily lead to a camp trigged fish battles where it is really easy for someone to push and then camp the objective or the bottleneck for most of the game
Kelp Dome reaturns! I had some great moments on this map and I am glad to see it return it was a fun stage especially for turf wars and splat zone
Though I hope they make better for TC and Rainmaker it was ok but this stage with these mode did give me a lot of salt...

However even with all the new content, I admit it all feels a little lackluster ranked isn't much of a challenge anymore, salmon run get repetitive or drives you insane, and turf doesn't offer the same variety.
The 2 things I feel need to be added is a more critism to the ranking system it just feel everyone sided in a few cases (other than from the matches in upper S+) and they need to add some new modes, or at least some more diversity to the movement options on maps.
Cause they gave us a new way to look at playing the game, give us they creativity of ancho- V games, mahi-mahi resort, and piranha pit.
Cause right now it hones kinda feels a little stale in that aspect

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom