• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Finally, I've been looking forward to this map for a while now!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Finally, I've been looking forward to this map for a while now!
I would have taken anything to add some variety into the rotations, but it's icing on the cake that this map looks so rad.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I feel like what makes it even better now is that they get an assist off of it. They assisted the water in splatting you.
And assists go into your full splat number, right? So when you hit the results screen, that looks like a fulllll kill.

(Unless I'm mistaken! Which I usually am.)

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Actually considering the list I made over in the charter archtypes post I made earlier
Splatlings, and Sloshers are due for one next (both only have 3 weapons each) brushes due but there were only 4 weapons in the original so they are less or a priority.

But we're likely gonna get a tentabrella deco if we are being honest:p
Well...if we need a new splatling, that could mean hydra, so I'd be trhilled. But we just got a new heavy splatling....seems too soon to return to the same class. Haven't seen a new charger in forever. Haven't see a new roller either (officially brushes are rollers, aren't they?) Sloshing machine is a slosher, even if it plays like a blaster. So that's more recent than the rest. Once hydra and bambi are out I probably will never touch a shooter again. :p Ok, maybe sploosh....

Boy howdy:

NGYES!

And assists go into your full splat number, right? So when you hit the results screen, that looks like a fulllll kill.

(Unless I'm mistaken! Which I usually am.)
I didn't know about any of that until someone pointed out that the splats on one team didn't add up to the kills on the other team. Not sure if I like that or not. On one hand it prevents the person who got the last 10% of ink on them from getting credit, but on the other hand everyone having kill counts that match up mostly to who they got ink on before someone splatted them rather than matching the actual number of splats just seems kind of odd.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Pretty sudden announcement of the map really. Just one tweet and boom, have a new map tomorrow afternoon. Could also be rubbing it in the US' faces that Japan and Europe will see this map at night merely hours after it drops whilst they have to wait at least a week. My best bet is they're delaying the US 'fest to make it either Halloween themed, or they're looking for a sponsored theme which would take longer because money is involved for those. I'd like to see Slosher Deco or Neo Splash this week, but I know those aren't coming anytime soon so my money is on some random weapon that no-one cares for (Carbon Deco for example). I don't particularly recall any Blasters being added outside of the Rapid Pro, but that came out too recently to allow for Range Blaster. Chances are Bamboozler will be the next of the original 3 weapons to return due to weapon types and when they released. I'd like to see one of the new Dualies released as we haven't seen anything out of them since the Dualie Squelchers, so we may get either the Dapple Nouveau or one of the unreleased Dualie types this week (I'd love the Dapple Nouveau, a fun kit to create mayhem plus a nice colour). We'll be finding out in about 20 hours' time when SplatoonJP reveals it, I just want it to be something I can enjoy during the Splatfest.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I didn't know about any of that until someone pointed out that the splats on one team didn't add up to the kills on the other team. Not sure if I like that or not. On one hand it prevents the person who got the last 10% of ink on them from getting credit, but on the other hand everyone having kill counts that match up mostly to who they got ink on before someone splatted them rather than matching the actual number of splats just seems kind of odd.
I actually really love it. I league with my wife a lot, and she's a master (mistress?) of taking the last little bit of a kill from me on a kill I'd definitely get anyway. With this system, it helps her confidence and doesn't actually take away from my numbers.

Plus the information is all there if you check SplatNet 2. You can see exactly how many "traditional" splats you actually got. So if anything, it's just more data that we can use to study our games. What's not to love?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh nice, a good update for once! And in time for a fest too. Hopefully we'll also see a weapon to go along with it.

Last time something interesting was added was in late August, that's almost one-and-a-half month ago.
And assists go into your full splat number, right?
No, I'm pretty sure they don't.

And self-destructs never count as neither kills or assists. It doesn't matter if the inkling is half-covered in your ink.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I remember how giddy I was when upon discovering during the testfire splatfest that stage splats counted! On a good day the splat brella renews that in how possible it is to just shove someone off a ledge. (Scoped chargers are the best!)

Keep forgetting to check if it counts as an assist or full splat though.

Not sire how I feel about assists counting from ink armor, point sensor, and toxic mist... yet it doesn't bother me none in the end. An assist is an assist is an assist.

Also, farewell SplatNet [1], the Miiverse will join you soon.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But you don't get a message saying you splatted someone if they fall off the stage though, so it doesn't count, right?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Don't know about the details or intricacies of how it works--I just know that if I tag someone and they stage dive soon after for whatever reason, that assissted splat icon pops up.

It's a very satisfying sight.

Reactions: the

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've never had that happen, or I've forgotten (I've certainly had situations where peopel suicided after I got ink on them though).

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Pretty sudden announcement of the map really. Just one tweet and boom, have a new map tomorrow afternoon. Could also be rubbing it in the US' faces that Japan and Europe will see this map at night merely hours after it drops whilst they have to wait at least a week. My best bet is they're delaying the US 'fest to make it either Halloween themed, or they're looking for a sponsored theme which would take longer because money is involved for those. I'd like to see Slosher Deco or Neo Splash this week, but I know those aren't coming anytime soon so my money is on some random weapon that no-one cares for (Carbon Deco for example). I don't particularly recall any Blasters being added outside of the Rapid Pro, but that came out too recently to allow for Range Blaster. Chances are Bamboozler will be the next of the original 3 weapons to return due to weapon types and when they released. I'd like to see one of the new Dualies released as we haven't seen anything out of them since the Dualie Squelchers, so we may get either the Dapple Nouveau or one of the unreleased Dualie types this week (I'd love the Dapple Nouveau, a fun kit to create mayhem plus a nice colour). We'll be finding out in about 20 hours' time when SplatoonJP reveals it, I just want it to be something I can enjoy during the Splatfest.

I'll love to see a new Dualie weapon come out this week around, but I kind of doubt it since the just released the Tena Brella which was a new type of Brella weapon. Otherwise, the Dapple Dualies Nouveau or the Custom Dualie Suqelchers would be nice.

Award

I remember how giddy I was when upon discovering during the testfire splatfest that stage splats counted! On a good day the splat brella renews that in how possible it is to just shove someone off a ledge. (Scoped chargers are the best!)

Keep forgetting to check if it counts as an assist or full splat though.

Not sire how I feel about assists counting from ink armor, point sensor, and toxic mist... yet it doesn't bother me none in the end. An assist is an assist is an assist.

Also, farewell SplatNet [1], the Miiverse will join you soon.
Ink armor counts for assists? Like just giving someone your shared ink armor and they splat someone while wearing it gives you an assist?

Reactions: the

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ink armor counts for assists? Like just giving someone your shared ink armor and they splat someone while wearing it gives you an assist?
Yep. Happens all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom