• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Woah! I dunno why splatling is getting a damage buff but yknow what, I'll take it!

But dang... faster brella! wider roller hitboxes! THE INKBRUSH CAN TURN LEFT!!!!

I'm actually pretty excited for this patch!
This patch is huge. Can someone do a full analysis on it for me (for us) because... some of the translations, I don't even know what weapon/special/anything they're talking about.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Huh. I had no idea they released patch notes this far before the patch hits.

Like always, some buffs/nerfs make sense to me, some don't. Guess it's like that with everyone.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I hope this patch is finally the thing that makes the clash blaster awesome.

the

Inkling Commander
Oh, wow, I guess I missed some before, because I just read the buffs to quick super jump and sub power up, and my mind and soul exited my body, ascended into the clouds and experienced an eight-dimensional sensation like no other

The .96 got it's old accuracy back too! All my favorites are getting buffed :D We'll have the official patch notes before long but this is a decent translation a friend shared.
Woo! That's great, because I felt like I couldn't hit anything at an effective distance with the 96... At most ranges where I could reliably kill an enemy, they could shoot much faster than me :p

So I'm excited for that, the sub/special looked real interesting but I just couldn't get the hang of the gun itself

R

RandomSquid

Finally... nerfs to the baller everywhere. I am so sick of always falling prey to them and never being able to take them down.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I actually think it’s fair. Ink armor assists a kill just as much as splatting someone caught in an ink storm assists.
The difference in my mind is, point sensors and mist, you were physically present and involved in the battle, watching over your team from behind, and helping close down choke points, or triangulating a foe together. Ink armor you might be squid partying on the rotating bridges and inking spawn, racking up kills without ever having actually aimed at anything.

You know, like playing luna blaster. :p

Fixed a problem in which damage was received consecutively in a short time when you were attacked by Shake, Kojake or Doscoe while sticking to the crow.
Oh, THAT'S my problem. I always stick to the crow. Glad that's getting fixed. :p

Wow Google Translate really butchered these notes, but at least they're mostly intelligible. Not sure what a "spinner type bukki" is. Squid sphere is obviously baller...they didn't touch baller but made chargers finally able to SHOOT the bloody thing. That's a plus. Sadly they did not increase the points required for aero special spam, they REDUCED them for the MG?! At least it wasn't RG but we really did not need more curling bomb rushes dominating the zone while we watch the clock tick down.

OTOH TUBER BUFF!! FLINGZA BUFF!!! BAMBI!!!
upload_2017-10-6_10-7-20.gif
upload_2017-10-6_10-10-31.png
upload_2017-10-6_10-11-25.png

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
For a stage that's been advertised for it's body of water splitting the stage, there's very few water hazards :P Most of the canal is covered. That said, it feels like a fusion of Bluefin Depot and Camp Triggerfish, I love it!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Wow Google Translate really butchered these notes, but at least they're mostly intelligible. Not sure what a "spinner type bukki" is. Squid sphere is obviously baller...they didn't touch baller but made chargers finally able to SHOOT the bloody thing. That's a plus. Sadly they did not increase the points required for aero special spam, they REDUCED them for the MG?! At least it wasn't RG but we really did not need more curling bomb rushes dominating the zone while we watch the clock tick down.
They hard nerfed the aero elsewhere, though, so I'm okay with it.

The translations are all hilarious. I love it even if it's hard to make out most of them. Unfortunately, @Dessgeega had to ruin everything by posting helpful notes with clear text that we can actually understand. Lame.

Award

They hard nerfed the aero elsewhere, though, so I'm okay with it.

The translations are all hilarious. I love it even if it's hard to make out most of them. Unfortunately, @Dessgeega had to ruin everything by posting helpful notes with clear text that we can actually understand. Lame.
What was the aero hard nerf? I must have missed the "ink pencil bukkaku roller" nerfing somewehre in that mess :P

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
What was the aero hard nerf? I must have missed the "ink pencil bukkaku roller" nerfing somewehre in that mess :p
On top of the baller nerf, here's what they did to the aero:

-Painting radius from bullets directly impacting the ground has been reduced by 10%
-Painting radius from droplets falling from bullets has been reduced by 8%
-Frequency of droplets forming from fired bullets has been reduced by 13%

Which means, if I'm reading this correctly, the aero won't paint as much, which also means it won't get its special as fast (even if it still gets the special stupid fast).

the

Inkling Commander
@Award I think the "spinner type bukki" is the sloshing machine? I think the modification is that it doesn't paint as wide a circle when its shots impact a floor or wall.

Award

Patch, map, bambi, tuber buff, AND Halloween splatfest? All while Mario Odyssey is set to release? Nintendo's trying to consume my entire existence, isn't it? Not that they didn't succeed at that a few decades ago, but still....

On top of the baller nerf, here's what they did to the aero:

-Painting radius from bullets directly impacting the ground has been reduced by 10%
-Painting radius from droplets falling from bullets has been reduced by 8%
-Frequency of droplets forming from fired bullets has been reduced by 13%

Which means, if I'm reading this correctly, the aero won't paint as much, which also means it won't get its special as fast (even if it still gets the special stupid fast).
Ahh interesting. And hysterical. The key point of aerospray in S1 was that it was just a really good painter for TW noobs but couldn't kill. Now in S2 it's getting nerfs to prevent it from painting so much because it's just such an effective killer.... :P Maybe this will in some way reduce the frequency of is lag-kills too. I'm so tired of getting mowed down by insta-gib aero's from 3 feet out of their range. It still feels like the most frequent "splatted by" I see, even over splattershots. I can evade aimed weapons. I can't evade "random cloud of atomized ink surrounding a player no matter where they're facing regardless of if they're firing or not" :P

@Award I think the "spinner type bukki" is the sloshing machine? I think the modification is that it doesn't paint as wide a circle when its shots impact a floor or wall.
Ahh that makes sense. Hmm, SMn was a poor inker already but could be used to be effective-ish. That might knock it from the meta in favor of the blasters again.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Ughn, translating that google translate is a mess!

*groggily looks at morning's missed texts*

Bamboozler:
HEY! =)
I'm sooooo sorry but I've been moving x_X
to Inkopolis Square!
chillin w/Sheldon come over
why is he selling umbrellas now lol

Ansible:
Snorlax_Wakes_up_inside.gif

OMW

Award

Do we know the bambi kit yet? (datamining spoilers are ok since it's a few hours away :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom