• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

"We just heard that tomorrow at 7 AM PT, October 6th, a new stage named Snapper Canal will be added to the rotation!

Battles will take place on a riverbed that’s under construction. Try not to blindly rush in – it’s easy to fall into the central waterway if you’re not paying attention. The ground is also lower near the water, so watch out for foes with long range weapons on the platforms above. The key will be finding out how to successfully cross the water and continue the fight on the other side. There may be some snappy comebacks during these fights, so be prepared to make some snap decisions!"

Bright and early! I'm looking forward to this! Also those puns are 10/10.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I didn't know about any of that until someone pointed out that the splats on one team didn't add up to the kills on the other team. Not sure if I like that or not. On one hand it prevents the person who got the last 10% of ink on them from getting credit, but on the other hand everyone having kill counts that match up mostly to who they got ink on before someone splatted them rather than matching the actual number of splats just seems kind of odd.
If you're seeing the number of deaths, that means you're looking at SplatNet, which also shows the number of assists. Not counting people falling off the map, the number of deaths on one team should total the number of kills by the other team minus the numbers in parentheses (the assists).

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
So basically the new map is the remake of Bluefin Depot I gather. I miss the old bluefin, but I'll take ANY version of Bluefin.

@Dessgeega Interesting. That explains the teams with the weirdly high kill counts that seem so disproportionate. If they're spamming ink armor 2 or more players are getting double counted kills often. Though usually the splattershots lead the pack, and there's no armor from them.

@MindWanderer Yeah, that much I knew for a little while (but it was quite the discovery when I first found out), I just didn't know ink armor counted for assists. I assumed bombs, sensors, mist did since they're kind of "active" attacks aimed at suprting a kill, but armor is so passive that's really surprising. Arguably the armor activator gets the kills from the entire team during that time added to their in-game count if it works as described here.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm guessing the logic is that armor can enable allies to win some fights that they might not have won without protection. It's still kind of odd playing the N-Zap and seeing an assist icon pop up across the map though.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I'm guessing the logic is that armor can enable allies to win some fights that they might not have won without protection. It's still kind of odd playing the N-Zap and seeing an assist icon pop up across the map though.
I actually think it’s fair. Ink armor assists a kill just as much as splatting someone caught in an ink storm assists.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Sweet, I wasn't expecting that map until the end of the month! Strange that it's releasing at 10am ET instead of the usual 10pm, but I'm not complaining! I'm betting we'll get an alt variant that was available from the start in Splatoon 1 tomorrow, either Gold Dynamo, Custom Jet, or .52 Deco. Probably still too soon for another Charger n Blaster, so I doubt Fresh Squiffer n Rapid Deco.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Sweet, I wasn't expecting that map until the end of the month! Strange that it's releasing at 10am ET instead of the usual 10pm, but I'm not complaining! I'm betting we'll get an alt variant that was available from the start in Splatoon 1 tomorrow, either Gold Dynamo, Custom Jet, or .52 Deco. Probably still too soon for another Charger n Blaster, so I doubt Fresh Squiffer n Rapid Deco.
I’m still wondering if it’s a typo on the time. But maybe I’m just bracing for disappointment because I want a new map ASAP.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Fresh squiffer... good sir you skipped over the NEW squiffer the best squiffer of them all!:wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01::wst_charge_quick01:
Though I would mind the gold dynamo, carbon deco, or the .52 gal.

Also I am really excited for this new map it feel like a a better camp triggerfish, hopefully without the 1 push win aspect
And that center gap I love it I have a feeling I will either snipe inklings as they snap to ledge ink or force them to fall to their death

Either way I will have to say it sooner or later....Long Live the king

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I lose the bet again =[

BUT HEY, WE GOT THE STICK BACK!!
I was right!
I knew if I guessed this weapon every...single...week I'd have to be right eventually. Didn't think it would be so soon.

Never tried this in S1, but maybe I'll mess around with it this time around.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm very happy to be wrong if it means getting my favorite charger back! Brellas were finally buffed in the ways I'd hoped and then some! Baller was indeed nerfed but thankfully not to it's pre-buff form. Pretty much every non shooter/dualie/splatling deals a lot more damage to it, and it's non-lethal damage range was reduced, but both of these can be made up for with Special Power Up, so back to 3 mains of it I go! Goo Tuber can now do something other Chargers can't, Flingza finally got buffed, though I'm not sure if the changes are that significant, and much more! Overall I greatly approve of this patch!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm very happy to be wrong if it means getting my favorite charger back! Brellas were finally buffed in the ways I'd hoped and then some! Baller was indeed nerfed but thankfully not to it's pre-buff form. Pretty much every non shooter/dualie/splatling deals a lot more damage to it, and it's non-lethal damage range was reduced, but both of these can be made up for with Special Power Up, so back to 3 mains of it I go! Goo Tuber can now do something other Chargers can't, Flingza finally got buffed, though I'm not sure if the changes are that significant, and much more! Overall I greatly approve of this patch!
Wait, there's a patch out right now!?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Further to my last, here are way too many images that contain Google's badly translated patch notes (this will take two posts)!
patch1.PNG patch2.PNG patch3.PNG patch4.PNG patch5.PNG

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
And:
patch6.PNG patch7.PNGpatch7.PNG patch9.PNG patch10.PNG

ANDDDD:

• With regard to the gear power of mitigating the opponent ink influence, in the following situation, the problem which was effective only when using the gear power to the maximum was corrected.
  • - While traveling while shooting with a shooter type bukki - While traveling while shooting with a
    maneuver type buki while moving
    - While moving while holding a sub-weapon of Bomb type or special weapon

• When charge keeping with a charger type bukki, even when Sepuku was solved by stepping on the ink of the other color, we kept the charge amount so far
  • Fixed a problem that the bullet might not be launched if you release the ZR when you release the charge keep with a charger type bukku and press it again.
  • When holding a roller type bucket and contacting your opponent, if you can not give damage to your opponent for reasons such as running out of ink or the roller is in the air, we shortened the distance to be played off.
  • Fixed a problem in which the aim of the roller type and shelter type bukki was displayed at a position off the center of the screen while moving the camera.
  • When shooting with a shelter-type bukki while moving the camera, the problem which was fired in the direction deviated from the center of the screen was corrected.
  • Fixed a problem in which the moving speed of a shelter type bukki when trying to fire while the ink is running is different from the traveling speed during launch when there is ink.
  • Fixed the problem that the bullet was fired from a position higher than the appearance with the sloger type bukki.
  • Fixed a problem that when you hit a bom at the end of the splash shield, the opponent player on the reverse side may be knocked down in rare cases.
  • When throwing curling bomb on the slope, the problem of unnaturally decelerating was corrected.
  • Fixed an issue where the floor might not be painted when bomb was exploded in a place very close to the edge of the terrain.
  • Fixed a problem in which a display showing the effective range of sub weapon appeared at the predicted landing position when the point sensor or poison mist is holding a special weapon fly brush with a bucket attached to the sub weapon.
  • When the roof of the stage etc. overlap with rain clouds occurring in Aplysia, the problem of raindrops falling under it and becoming unnatural painted condition was corrected.
  • After the time up, we made sure that even if the bubble launcher's soap bubble touches the topography it will not cause paint.
  • Fixed the problem that the moving speed while launching the bubble launcher changed depending on the equipped bucket.
  • Gachi Hoko Battle Rule, when having a walking speed when you are not shooting, such as Ritter 4 K or Dynamo Roller and a slow type squid bukki, when holding a gooseko, the same walking speed as a normal bukki I made it to be a squid dash speed.
  • Fixed a problem where Gachihoko resurrected at the position where jumping was started instead of the position where there was originally originally such as when it was acquired immediately after getting while jumping with Gachi Hoko Battle Rule.
  • Fixed an issue where Cuban Bom and others might stick to Buddha Street so as to sink into the topography near the central bridge.
  • Fixed a problem at SeaWomen College of Art where when you set up a roller or casa in a specific place, it falls into the terrain and falls.
  • Fixed a problem that players dropped faster than normal stages when they got out of the stage near the center with Tachio parking.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get inside certain pillars at Manta Maria.
  • When using the gear power of the passive technique, when the effect of the jet pack ends and it returns with the super jump, only when it is in the squid state just before the effect ends, taking passive even if it is defeating the left stick Fixed a problem that could not be done.

Changes concerning Udemae

• When Udemae Down with Udemae of S + 1 or more, Depending on the player's gossip power, I was demoting down to S + 0 in one stroke, but I changed it to not demote at most five stages at the same time.
  • Along with the above changes, we increased the amount of meter required for the Uedema Keep from S + 0 to 49, from 40% of the total to 50% of the total.

Change on salmon run

• The combination of main weapon and special weapon was randomly decided from among the four salary bucks of that time and four salmon run specials, but fixed the problem that a combination that did not appear existed.
  • In the state that it is lifesaving at the edge of the topography at the end of WAVE, when doing a super jump to return to the starting point or the ship of Kumasan Shokai, in rare cases, it may slip down from the topography and be unable to recover We fixed the problem.
  • When I was searching for kinshake, I corrected the problem that the size of Kinshake and the position of gold salmon falling may differ among players.
  • Fixed a problem that if you hit a bom at the moment the lid of the catapad 's missile launcher is closed, you can break it without inserting a bomb.
  • Fixed a problem in which damage was received consecutively in a short time when you were attacked by Shake, Kojake or Doscoe while sticking to the crow.
  • Fixed a problem that the ink might not hit an ally side ally at close range with a slush shirt type bukki.
  • Fixed an issue where gear power is not correctly randomized and it may be the same for the two gears when receiving the limited gear of the month and the limited gear of the past at the same time as a reward.

Changes related to watching mode

• Fixed a problem where different effects were displayed when playing against the player, such as Inclair or Splash Shield, when it deals damage to objects other than players.
  • When changing from the player's perspective, we changed the sound effect indicating that we received damage from the opponent like normal play.

Other changes

• In the posting function, if you touch the outside of the frame and then slide into the frame and drag the line as it is, the line can not be drawn correctly or "cancellation of the previous operation" may not function correctly Fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where contact damage could not be applied to contact Matsu when trying to touch vertically with a roller type bucket immediately after making a vertical swing.
  • Fixed a problem where damage was granted only once even if you touch continuously when holding a shelter-type bukki against Matsuto trying.
  • Fixed a problem where the oldest record may be hidden if the past record of the league match exceeds the maximum number that can be displayed, the last record may be hidden.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom