Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Looks exact to me! So maybe it isn't a hero gear that Goggles is wearing, hm.

The jacket you wear in story mode in spla2n and the one worn by the proganist in the splatoon manga seems to be a variation of the ski jacket :clothes_jkt000::clothes_jkt002:from the inkline brand
Sounds about right! I wonder if that means we will be seeing more variations of older clothing gear?

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Well, shoot. Guess I'm gonna be holding onto my money a bit longer (just about have enough for a Switch, but now this comes, which I kinda expected). What's the price for that compared to a regular Switch?

Watched the trailer about 3 times today and wanted to point out that the music playing with Marie is Cap'n Cuttlefish's Theme + Tide Goes Out in a Calamari County sort of way

Also dude I can't be serious with the Octarian on the unicycle
His Roller does have mcfrickin tires as the roller part tho so I'd be careful
Ya, having a hard time taking that guy seriously. Actually think the toaster esque thing looks pretty funny and (if my assumption is correct, that you will need to climb it when the "bread" pops out) looks like a very creative boss.

*Now comes the part where you guys all tell me I'm wrong and it's supposed to be a (blank)*

:shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008:^^^^^:shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008::shoes_sht008:o_O

This means the return of rainbow powered footwear!

and the possible return of :ability_stealthjump:
(they could easily have given them a new ability)
My Crazy Arrows are back! YUSSSSS!!!

Also, I just wanted to say, (this is gonna be kinda cheesy), that I didn't think I'd get more than 50 posts on this thread before it became obsolete and lost anong every other thread there is here. But instead we're still going at 250+. Kudos to all you guys for proving me wrong.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Posted this in a diffe rent thread but they are also adding a new color to the game (aside from the hinted at black and white), a confirmed Dark green will be in the next splatoon game

Plus seeing crazy arrows return make me happy I used them along in the beginning, plus it was also a good tool for me to test weapons I wasn't familiar with in game with out bring recked.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Well, shoot. Guess I'm gonna be holding onto my money a bit longer (just about have enough for a Switch, but now this comes, which I kinda expected). What's the price for that compared to a regular Switch?

Ya, having a hard time taking that guy seriously. Actually think the toaster esque thing looks pretty funny and (if my assumption is correct, that you will need to climb it when the "bread" pops out) looks like a very creative boss.

*Now comes the part where you guys all tell me I'm wrong and it's supposed to be a (blank)*

My Crazy Arrows are back! YUSSSSS!!!

Also, I just wanted to say, (this is gonna be kinda cheesy), that I didn't think I'd get more than 50 posts on this thread before it became obsolete and lost anong every other thread there is here. But instead we're still going at 250+. Kudos to all you guys for proving me wrong.
Lemmie look since I can read yen real well...

Okay, what I can read, it spares out to 359.60 US over there. So if we had it here, since stuff is greater in Japan. It would be 329? I had to use the calculator to sum up the total.

Now they are even releasing a gaming pad with the theme having splat markings on it. Site is a bit tricky to find it, but I am assuming it is around 60 dollars.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Lemmie look since I can read yen real well...

Okay, what I can read, it spares out to 359.60 US over there. So if we had it here, since stuff is greater in Japan. It would be 329? I had to use the calculator to sum up the total.

Now they are even releasing a gaming pad with the theme having splat markings on it. Site is a bit tricky to find it, but I am assuming it is around 60 dollars.
So many things to save up for...unfortunately gonna have to pass on a few things. It'll probably be a while till I can get any Splatoon themed controllers, unless they decide to bring that Splatoon themed Switch over to the U.S. (I heard it's only gonna be going to Japan for now).

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If Nintendo is going to smack us in the face with the same netcode and charge us, come fall, because it has special nintendo brand discord,
they could at least buy me dinner first let me spend a little more money to buy a special pink/green Switch console + stickers on release day. =/

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
If Nintendo is going to smack us in the face with the same netcode and charge us, come fall, because it has special nintendo brand discord,
they could at least buy me dinner first let me spend a little more money to buy a special pink/green Switch console + stickers on release day. =/
So many things to save up for...unfortunately gonna have to pass on a few things. It'll probably be a while till I can get any Splatoon themed controllers, unless they decide to bring that Splatoon themed Switch over to the U.S. (I heard it's only gonna be going to Japan for now).
Just when is it going to come out? I feel like they are going to withhold it till sometime the game sells quite a lot in NA, which could mean next year. I am not going to WAIT that long for that. Heck, of course they will toss in a Switch with higher specs later after the first year, Nintendo, you...Ugh.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Wanted to note that I watched the entire video. The idea of a energy crisis with the inklings is a amusing thought- I had always wondered how it would go with them.

Love the small little details hidden everywhere too (that inklingized Virgin brand logo).

On a additional note- theres been a new tweet about that one new boss on the unicycle.
Google translate:
"This guy is "Takotsubo Zamurai".
Sprinkle a favorite huge roller and sharpen the person who gets close up in a splendid manner.
It seems that it can not forgive a tacito Yatsua, and among the octopus it is thick as a big brother to rely on.
My hobby is touring motorcycles.
Even so, I feel more like Sekitori than Samurai."

...Nice hobby?

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
((Edit: Zero made a post about what I made a post already.))

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It makes me wonder what other bosses we might see, since this guy is a noticeable visual step away from purely octo-weapon type bosses. (I get the feeling that the weird octo bread tower... thing from the trailer is another boss)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
It makes me wonder what other bosses we might see, since this guy is a noticeable visual step away from purely octo-weapon type bosses. (I get the feeling that the weird octo bread tower... thing from the trailer is another boss)
Ya, that thing is definitely a boss.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
So, something I feel I should point out: I am currently loving the new soundtrack.
Mainly due to how varied to is. Just a few samples and comparisons I've found so far:
The new Weapon Select theme (Which I'm assuming is for the setup screen) reminds me a little of the NBA Jam Team Select theme.
The....well, whatever this is gonna be for (shop music? Hero Mode?) has some Blank Banshee vibes to it...(nothing in particular comes to mind, so feel free to browse and make your own conclusions.)
Oddly, it also seems to have some samples of the Water Temple theme, from Ocarina of Time...
Needless to say, this is going to be a very varied OST.
Thoughts?

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
So, something I feel I should point out: I am currently loving the new soundtrack.
Mainly due to how varied to is. Just a few samples and comparisons I've found so far:
The new Weapon Select theme (Which I'm assuming is for the setup screen) reminds me a little of the NBA Jam Team Select theme.
The....well, whatever this is gonna be for (shop music? Hero Mode?) has some Blank Banshee vibes to it...(nothing in particular comes to mind, so feel free to browse and make your own conclusions.)
Oddly, it also seems to have some samples of the Water Temple theme, from Ocarina of Time...
Thoughts?
If the name and "vocals" are anything to go by from that second one, it's definitely the new shop theme. Have to say though, I enjoyed the original better, but this isn't terrible.

I'm honestly loving the new soundtrack. Really enjoy it when a game has quality gameplay and a quality soundtrack to match it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I want to note, but this is a fan made track. Its also on youtube here and if the youtube account its on has anything to go off of....well, speaks for itself. (Look at his 'About' page)

Same person also posted this nice fan mix:

Just wanted to clear that confusion up.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Posting again just to inform everyone about this new tweet.
Google Translate:
"This guy ...... or she is "Taco Zones".
An octopus that can be transformed into a human figure, has the same exercise performance as a squid.
It looks cute, but it is not safe.
You will be approaching No. 4 with a variety of buki such as shooter, roller, slosher.
Visor became new, it became somewhat fashionable atmosphere."

Fashionable with the new visor, huh?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
And still only girl octolings... it makes me doubt they will become playable...
( ´_ノ` )

At least the shades and armor are cool, I guess.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Google Translate:
"This guy ...... or she is "Taco Zones".
lol we're going to have to wait for the official English name of that. There's probably a pun or octopus reference in the name that doesn't machine-translate properly.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
lol we're going to have to wait for the official English name of that. There's probably a pun or octopus reference in the name that doesn't machine-translate properly.
Seeing as the Splatoon US has been extremely slow and lacking as of late...I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I am honestly wondering what is taking them so long to do their own updates, to be honest. It's ridiculously slow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom