• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Curling bombs and Tenta Missiles. Enjoy!
I was JUST thinking, "Hmmm... Not enough tenta missile spamming in this game." At least Nintendo would never think to buff those things, right?
Yes! Finally a weapon that I actually play has tenta missiles! I've been missing out on that fun except for the rare occasions I pick up duelies. Not that I don't HATE the tenta missile spam, it's getting kind of annoying, but it's not like bambi is going to go meta and add to the noise, so I'm just glad I can join in the mayhem! Ambivalent about curling bombs...it already creates long ink trails on its own (with less ink) so they're not really needed for mobility.

My only fear is now that tuber is able to be a bambi all on its own with the stored partials bambi might have lost some of his shine... Why play bambi for the double tap when I can play tuber and get a double tap? But I'm still happy to see it.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Feeling neutral about the tenta missiles, but ecstatic if they give it curling bombs. And potentially abusive.

Already every charger going squid-to-kid gets temporary free aim until the laser finally kicks in, now imagine a bamboozler doing this after rolling a curling bomb. It wouldn't even have to follow closely behind like a sploosh or roller in order to reach you.

But really, who actually uses a bamboozler? =p

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
Yeah, while I am happy the Bamboozler is back, the MK I kit is kind of disappointing. I like Curling Bombs, but as you said, they don't really add much to the main weapon. You aren't going to be swimming behind the bomb right into the fray like you would with the Roller, Sploosh, and Dualies. Along with Tenta Missiles, which aren't a great special, this feels like a hang back and harass sort of kit which isn't the kind of playstyle people typically liked with the Bamboozler in Splatoon 1.

D

Deleted Member

Just played that new map and dang... tony cephalopod pro skater is lookin good.

Luminario

Full Squid
Oh that's not fair, you lot get the cool halloween themed Splatfest and we get toilet paper?
Also the Baller is called the squid sphere in Japanese? Naughty inklings who don't do as they're told get put into the SQUID SPHERE™
Can't wait to see what this patch feels like in-game. Loving that Goo Tuber buff so now you can micro charge every time you're out of ink which actually makes it more useful.

Award

Feeling neutral about the tenta missiles, but ecstatic if they give it curling bombs. And potentially abusive.

Already every charger going squid-to-kid gets temporary free aim until the laser finally kicks in, now imagine a bamboozler doing this after rolling a curling bomb. It wouldn't even have to follow closely behind like a sploosh or roller in order to reach you.

But really, who actually uses a bamboozler? =p
It's so funny, between you and I we're on a campaign to denormalize all of Splatoondom. You like the curlers, meh the missiles, I meh the curlers, like the missiles. Neither opinion is mainstream and nobody likes bambi anyway :P Why deploy a curling bomb if you can swim in the main shot trail though?

Yeah, while I am happy the Bamboozler is back, the MK I kit is kind of disappointing. I like Curling Bombs, but as you said, they don't really add much to the main weapon. You aren't going to be swimming behind the bomb right into the fray like you would with the Roller, Sploosh, and Dualies. Along with Tenta Missiles, which aren't a great special, this feels like a hang back and harass sort of kit which isn't the kind of playstyle people typically liked with the Bamboozler in Splatoon 1.
Exactly. Tentamissiles are a pretty good special though. When I fire them and don't get enough kills they don't feel like a great special. When the other team fires them at my team I curse their very existance. They're amazing at sending the enemy team scattering in every direction, ignoring the objective, and ignoring your own position. If you get two tentamissile users on one team they're kind of op due to the amount of time they send the enemy scrambling. The actual impact isn't great, but the effect on the enemy team's coordination is devastating.

In fairness though, my favorite bambi was the one with the splash wall.....if that's not a harass weapon what is? :P I'm most curious about how the range works out compared to squiffer/tuber. Otherwise tuber may actually be the better bambi for now. IIRC in S1 bambi had longer range than squiffer.

Oh that's not fair, you lot get the cool halloween themed Splatfest and we get toilet paper?
Also the Baller is called the squid sphere in Japanese? Naughty inklings who don't do as they're told get put into the SQUID SPHERE™
Can't wait to see what this patch feels like in-game. Loving that Goo Tuber buff so now you can micro charge every time you're out of ink which actually makes it more useful.
That's it, my beloved goo tuber is gonna go meta! :( @Saber remember who liked it BEFORE it was cool! :P

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
In fairness though, my favorite bambi was the one with the splash wall.....if that's not a harass weapon what is? :p I'm most curious about how the range works out compared to squiffer/tuber. Otherwise tuber may actually be the better bambi for now. IIRC in S1 bambi had longer range than squiffer.
True, the MK I was more of a passive kit considering it had Killer Wail. But Splash Wall provided a good defensive option when being aggressive and pushing up (probably wouldn't work in Splatoon 2 though considering how slow they are to deploy now). Curling Bombs just don't give the Bamboozler that kind of safety net. All of the subs for the original kits were really helpful in sticky situations. As for the range, the datamine showed the Bamboozler has the same range of as the Goo Tuber.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Why deploy a curling bomb if you can swim in the main shot trail though?
Why offer an opponent one problem to consider when you can give them two? Three if the curling bomb is also ricocheting.

In fairness though, my favorite bambi was the one with the splash wall.....if that's not a harass weapon what is? :p
I found the MK II to be more of a harasser and the MK I more of a controller. ;)
That's it, my beloved goo tuber is gonna go meta! :( @Saber remember who liked it BEFORE it was cool! :p
Does this mean you're gonna become a "slimy little hipster," eh? :p

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
The .96 got it's old accuracy back too! All my favorites are getting buffed :D We'll have the official patch notes before long but this is a decent translation a friend shared.
*Sees Brella Shields won't be destroyed by Baller hits*

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
True, the MK I was more of a passive kit considering it had Killer Wail. But Splash Wall provided a good defensive option when being aggressive and pushing up (probably wouldn't work in Splatoon 2 though considering how slow they are to deploy now). Curling Bombs just don't give the Bamboozler that kind of safety net. All of the subs for the original kits were really helpful in sticky situations. As for the range, the datamine showed the Bamboozler has the same range of as the Goo Tuber.
Personally I think that this will be very useful on a bambi, it allow you to quickly throw one a quickly pull out of a dangerous zone, plus it gives this weapon both more mobility and varying range options.
Though personally I hope it can't charge keep cause it is kinda redundant

@Award
Goo Tuber will definitely be a whole lot better, though be careful of paritial charge you won't recover ink til you fire.
Plus if this is correct we are going to see some interesting matchups versus bambi... both have close range styles and a posses the same distance...but again we'll have to see
Also thank goodness for the baller and aero nerfs it was start to drive me up a wall, literally lost all my cool yesterday after fighting 2 aerospray with a guy who kept d/cing and another who just kept falling off the map for no reason

Also I see what you guys mean by the "tenta terror" I got 3 tentamissle specials enemies back to back in one game.
Howver I will say though it doesn't bother me it moves very slow and with duelies you can just dodge roll completely out of the way while also keeping your momentum towards the objective (only died once cause a previously mentioned player body blocked me into one), it can be annoying and keeps you on your toes in all honestly though was one of the most entertaining battles I had yesterday

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Otherwise tuber may actually be the better bambi for now.
Nah I doubt that, the only significant advantage Goo Tuber has is slightly more range, 4.5 lines vs. Bamboozler's 4.2, assuming it's unchanged from the first game. Otherwise Bamboozler turfs faster, kills faster, n moves faster.

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
I don't think the buffed Goo Tuber will be a Bamboozler killer. Being able to store partial charges will be great for repositioning when interrupted considering how slow charging is, but you still are probably going to want to go for fully charged shots and ambushes. The only differences is the weapon will no longer have to be a sitting duck and can deal with pressure better. The Bamboozler will still be faster and deadlier. Hopefully both can find their place in the game.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
No stored charging with Bamboolzer?!?!?!

I feel bamboozled! Like I've just been nintendoed!

Yeah yeah 20 something frames, third of a second and all that jibber-jabba, but it's the principle of the thing (to me)! щ(ºДºщ) Now I have to switch back-and-forth between other chargers for my charge roll, laser-hiding-free-aim shenanigans. The GooTuber will have its relevance after all it seems.

Meanwhile, I thought Snapper Canal was actually pretty large—until I played it in ranked mode, like Rainmaker. However there are numerous blind spots, hiding places, tricky jumps, and alternate paths on that map that will be a boon and bane to everyone. Like in Splat Zones where you can camp in an easily overlooked corner on the same platform as the zone, or even duck for cover against the step into the zone. Autobombs, toxic mists, and point sensors will be immensely useful on that map in any mode.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Tried the Bamboozler, and once again, I am loving a weapon I hated in S1. Considering I love the Rapid Blaster, Splat Brella and the H-3 Nozzlenose, maybe it shouldn't have come as much as a surprise; I tend to play a lot of those faster 'burst' style weapons in S2, if that description makes any sense.
I'm also a little surprised how little I've seen it so far. I think I've seen one other Bamboozler. He didn't seem too sure on how to play with it, though.

Oh, and of course my internet is sucking butt the day of the Splatfest. The last time my internet was being cruddy was during the other fest... Well, it has been crappy yesterday too, which meant I have played Snapper Canal one whole match. Yay.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I tried the Bamboozler. It's a fun weapon. I think Curling Bombs go pretty well with a mobile Charger. It also helps getting those two hits in. I just don't think this thing is very viable. It takes alot to get in those two shots. More often than not, I get one shot in, and either the enemy gets away or splats me. One guy even squidbagged me after I shot him once. I can't help but think "If I were using a Squiffer, you would be dead.".

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not having any trouble getting two hits in, and I consider myself pretty bad with all the other chargers. I mean, you can shoot so fast that I can usually even kill people with just a bunch of uncharged shots.

The fun thing is, I feel it's pretty much good for every situation. If someone's not paying attention, the second hit will be so fast after the first, that they won't be able to react. If they engage in a one-on-one duel, the Bamboozler holds up because it has a good range (of course, with certain weapons you're screwed). If there's a big battle going on, you can capitalize on that by just picking people off one by one. I've even survived and won various ambushes with it.
This is definitely going in regular rotation for me.

I've also noticed that so far, opponents seem to underestimate the weapon quite a bit. Like, they will pick a one-on-one duel way too confidently with a weapon the Bamboozler outranges.

Also, the sub and special work perfectly with it. Especially since most people tend to ignore hits from touching Curling Bombs.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I'm not having any trouble getting two hits in, and I consider myself pretty bad with all the other chargers. I mean, you can shoot so fast that I can usually even kill people with just a bunch of uncharged shots.

The fun thing is, I feel it's pretty much good for every situation. If someone's not paying attention, the second hit will be so fast after the first, that they won't be able to react. If they engage in a one-on-one duel, the Bamboozler holds up because it has a good range (of course, with certain weapons you're screwed). If there's a big battle going on, you can capitalize on that by just picking people off one by one. I've even survived and won various ambushes with it.

I've also noticed that so far, opponents seem to underestimate the weapon quite a bit. Like, they will pick a one-on-one duel way too confidently with a weapon the Bamboozler outranges.

Also, the sub and special work perfectly with it. Especially since most people tend to ignore hits from touching Curling Bombs.
I wonder how good it would be in tower paired with a rapid blaster. I feel like those two combined could quickly finish each other’s kills while adding some variety/utitly you wouldn’t have with two rapids or two bams. Probably same with any mode, but I really like the test case of such a scrunched objective (that you have to ride).

Reactions: the

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz

Uncharged shots......! That brings up something I noticed when I first tried this weapon. While fragmented, tap shooting has a nice range. I need to test tap shooting to see how well you can kill with it. Admittedly being stuck on the "fully charged shots" idea might have held me back.

I've had quite a few people get away from me after one shot. They see they took damage and the charger laser, then they quickly run and hide. I even had a few moments where a Bamboozler took me by surprise. I saw the damage and the laser, then I quickly hid before he finished me off.

One cool thing I've noticed about using the Bamboozler is that you start to feel a bond with other Chargers. In each match I had with another Charger, we watched each others' backs. I avenged my fallen E-Liter buddy. The E-Liter buddy picked off someone charging me down. Booyah!'s were to be had. Then me and a Squiffer were standing back-to-back picking off enemies. It was magical. Maybe this is all in my head, but I like to think it's true!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I don't think Goo Tuber is going anywhere near meta soon after the patch hits. It still has it's problem of having both a near E-Liter chargeup time and a sub-Splat Charger range, when it really should have just one or the other as a tradeoff for the longer charge hold. Somewhat more worryingly for this weapon's future is the fact that both of it's sets look really bad- it can't throw bombs without dropping charge and it's specials are far better utilized by different weapons.
because we really needed another set with bombs and splashdown/inkjet/armor grumble grumble

It's longer charge time and shorter range is not just bad for slaying purposes, but also for inking purposes, as the longer charge time makes it slower to ink ground. As it is, it's worse at inking than the E-Liter at inking the floor and that's pretty bad.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@J'Wiz
Bamboozler's full charge is -80hp while the uncharged shots have been bumped to -30hp (used to be -20hp). Charged and uncharged travel the same distance with the latter not leaving a continuous ink trail. Also, along with not being able to store a charge, the bamboozler is also unable to pierce multiple targets. Just the one. And after tossing a curling bomb you have enough in the tank for nearly up to 5ish fully charged shots or 13ish uncharged shots.

No matter how you time your charges, you're gonna have to find your rhythm with that double tap. Yet, because chargers now have to account for travel time, getting that 1-2 combo is going take a bit more work, some prediction, and steadier aim than with the normal one-hit chargers.

Its various (lovable) quirks makes it a sort of hybrid charger-shooter, much like how the sloshing machine is a hybrid slosher-blaster. Curious what the upcoming patch will feel like when they give it even more movement speed and just for lulz I'll add even moar run spede to it a silly souped up n-zap charger to amuse myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom