• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Roller variant one of these days I will be right, I am more curious as to how long til the next Nintendo mini Splatoon announcement, it is getting close and a squeezer plus new maps and possibly a new mode.
What I am more concerned about is when are they going to add new gear, it feels like we are a little short in that area right now and I'd love to see some more gear in game outside of grizzco....btw last but not least I'd love to see grizzco reskins with random subs and specials.
I have a long list if Nintendo checks some of them off I will be satisfied

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Oh! And you can now transfer profile and save data... to another Switch... Nintendo gotta Nintendo, right?
upload_2017-10-19_10-56-56.jpeg

What does it mean about what we spend our time on....I did a simple internet search for "fuuuuuuuuu" and one of the top images that came up is this:
This WILL haunt your nightmares...
upload_2017-10-19_10-54-55.jpeg

Roller variant one of these days I will be right, I am more curious as to how long til the next Nintendo mini Splatoon announcement, it is getting close and a squeezer plus new maps and possibly a new mode.
What I am more concerned about is when are they going to add new gear, it feels like we are a little short in that area right now and I'd love to see some more gear in game outside of grizzco....btw last but not least I'd love to see grizzco reskins with random subs and specials.
I have a long list if Nintendo checks some of them off I will be satisfied
There's a good amount of gear, I have a few each of most abilities (where is freaking comeback there's like 2 pieces with it?).....I think we're still lacking in maps more than anything else. If I see Moray-freaking-Towers one more time this week I am going to lose my ink.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So in addition to the firmware update there was a completely separate update to the joycons. Feels marvelous! The performance nears that of the pro controller.

As for tomorrow's weapon... I'm already two losses in... screw it, I say Range Blaster! C'mon Range Blaster, your time to shine!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
So in addition to the firmware update there was a completely separate update to the joycons. Feels marvelous! The performance nears that of the pro controller.

As for tomorrow's weapon... I'm already two losses in... screw it, I say Range Blaster! C'mon Range Blaster, your time to shine!
Keep saying the same weapon until you're right. That's always my plan. And then I say, "TOLD YOU SO!" because nobody remembers those times I was wrong.

I use split joycons, and I always run into this weird problem where the right one will be plagued with unresponsiveness (like, I'll start spinning around or aim drifting really really really really bad). And then all of a sudden, I go weeks without it messing up at all.

Right now I've had several days straight of these weird random unresponsive times, and it's definitely cost me games. I'm hoping this will help with that random drift?

And before anyone makes any suggestions for me, I'm living like Saul Goodman's brother in Better Call Saul right now. All bluetooth devices are in other rooms while I play (unless I'm on VC). I recalibrate my motion controls before every play session and after every time my motion messes up. I cannot locate the reason for the motion control wigging out on me. Especially since it's wayyy more often than not that they're absolutely fine -- and with no change in anything.

I'd write it off if it weren't that it plagues me in spurts then goes away for a long time then plagues me in spurts. I dunno. Nintendo.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Spaceswitchmars
Yes. I've had the same problems as well and theis update seems to have addressed them. Aim drifting is nigh nonexistent and was really noticeable in the firing range. And the controls have tightened to feel similar to the pro controller. As someone constantly on double +5 settings, the joycons felt looser and more like a double +10 instead before this update.

Haven't played them long enough to register any ongoing input misbehavior, but I'll let you know if I still encounter it.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Keep saying the same weapon until you're right. That's always my plan. And then I say, "TOLD YOU SO!" because nobody remembers those times I was wrong.

I use split joycons, and I always run into this weird problem where the right one will be plagued with unresponsiveness (like, I'll start spinning around or aim drifting really really really really bad). And then all of a sudden, I go weeks without it messing up at all.

Right now I've had several days straight of these weird random unresponsive times, and it's definitely cost me games. I'm hoping this will help with that random drift?

And before anyone makes any suggestions for me, I'm living like Saul Goodman's brother in Better Call Saul right now. All bluetooth devices are in other rooms while I play (unless I'm on VC). I recalibrate my motion controls before every play session and after every time my motion messes up. I cannot locate the reason for the motion control wigging out on me. Especially since it's wayyy more often than not that they're absolutely fine -- and with no change in anything.

I'd write it off if it weren't that it plagues me in spurts then goes away for a long time then plagues me in spurts. I dunno. Nintendo.
For me it only happens when I have something physically obstrucing the joycon. I got this big shelf thing with my TV left, two stacked CRT-TVs right of that, and then all the way right my Switch dock. Whenever my aim swerves, I have to remind myself to get the Switch dock to kind of peek out behind the CRT TVs in order for the joycon to work properly. It's only with Splatoon's motion controls that it does this, buttons work fine.
Considering the left joycon never seems to be affected by this, and that one doesn't do anything related to the motion controls, I reckon it's a motion control-only issue or something.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
For me it only happens when I have something physically obstrucing the joycon. I got this big shelf thing with my TV left, two stacked CRT-TVs right of that, and then all the way right my Switch dock. Whenever my aim swerves, I have to remind myself to get the Switch dock to kind of peek out behind the CRT TVs in order for the joycon to work properly. It's only with Splatoon's motion controls that it does this, buttons work fine.
Considering the left joycon never seems to be affected by this, and that one doesn't do anything related to the motion controls, I reckon it's a motion control-only issue or something.
Yeah, I had the same thought (to pretty much all of this), and when it starts to go nuts, I'll move the switch out more so there's absolutely nothing between me and my Switch. Sometimes it seems to do it and sometimes not. If it has a really bad fit again, I guess we'll know the update didn't fix it much.

I demand the Hydra! Let my Hydra main friends terrorize the battlefield once more! HAIL HYDRyeah let's not go there.
Not that I'm going to use the Hydra, but I already quit playing S1 by the time that came out, so I'm super interested in trying it. Seems like it's good for people who like really messy murders but don't want to be close enough to see a squid's eyes roll into the back of its head... wait... do squids technically have heads?

Anyway, seems like it would be fun.

Award

Is this specific to split joycon or is it handheld/grip too?

The patch also added support for USB-audio.

@Spaceswitchmars
Yes. I've had the same problems as well and theis update seems to have addressed them. Aim drifting is nigh nonexistent and was really noticeable in the firing range. And the controls have tightened to feel similar to the pro controller. As someone constantly on double +5 settings, the joycons felt looser and more like a double +10 instead before this update.

Haven't played them long enough to register any ongoing input misbehavior, but I'll let you know if I still encounter it.
Hmm, to me handheld/grip feels LESS sensitive than pro controller. When I pick up the pro after I've been mostly playing handheld it's like trying to set the Guinness record for length of time riding the Tilt-A-Whirl after winning a hot dog eating contest. :confused:

I demand the Hydra! Let my Hydra main friends terrorize the battlefield once more! HAIL HYDRyeah let's not go there.
Hail!
That makes me realize we haven't seen @Of Moose & Men lately. Can't have Hydra without OMM. It just wouldn't be proper.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I've been screaming this for months, but I guess nintendo don't want people quitting the game because
"That one guy using the range blaster is annoying, what an OP weapon." is a common sound coming from casuals to pros alike

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Can you feel the salt emanating from ThatOneGuy and Goolloom? I mean it's completely justified, their main weapons are the only ones that haven't returned, but still :D

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Just give us the 2 goddamn weapons that are missing from splatoon 1 please thank you
Lol. I believe that would probably make everyone happy, especially those who haven't found a weapon that they quite click with yet. Maybe the last two could give them that weapon.

iced potato

Senior Squid
I have yet to find a weapon I really click with in all modes. Custom Dualie Squelchers or the Zink Mini Splatling could be the one.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Award, so far I've only noticed the difference in dualies mode and puppy face mode (split & grip respectively) but I don't play Splatoon enough in handheld mode to properly tell the difference. I leave that investigation to you. =p

And if that USB audio support turns out to be a lead in to eventual console voice chat... I'll... I'll, I'll do something drastic in response to my disbelief—like eat a sandwich or say I've been proven wrong as a doubter and then eat a sandwich!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom