Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Version 3.0
100+ new gear
Piranha pit
Wahoo
World
Camp triggerfish
Rank X
Callie appearing in octo cannnon

Fbhzke jx k dcvhvo2cjsjck2vjc

OCTOLINGS ARE NOW PLAYABLE!!!!!!

Sorry just had a seizure a new stort mode with playable octolings and octolings in game

But it is paid DLC

But now we got inklings for super smash bros so can I complain

Also I will say it now, this is a new smash bros game that will be realeasing 2018, likely with DLC added in

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey guys what just happened i blacked out for 10 minutes
This game is getting:
-Triggerfish, Piranha Pit will return alongside a new Stage, Wahoo World! It looks like a carnival stage.
-More gear!
-A new branch of the story mode will be released as DLC, featuring an Octoling! Including...
-Playable Octolings!
-Announcement of a new Smash game, with inklings being playable!

I'm pretty hype right now!!

(in hindsight you're probably joking but that might have gone straight over my head lol)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Can't believe we're not only getting 3.0, but even a single-player expansion that actually has some more stuff the mutliplayer game has. Props for supporting the game this well.

inb4 complaints it's not free DLC by the by.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Can't believe we're not only getting 3.0, but even a single-player expansion that actually has some more stuff the mutliplayer game has. Props for supporting the game this well.

inb4 complaints it's not free DLC by the by.
I am upset that it isn't free DLC but you are missing something else, this is realease summer 2018
1 year after splatoon 2 realease, which means...

Nintendo will be supporting splatoon and adding updates (even if it is paid DlC) throughout the paid online and likely be maintianing this game overall for another year or even 2

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It seems to be a lot of new stuff (80 stages?), and they've taken a lot of time after the initial development period, so paid DLC is only fair.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This calls for a classic internet meme!
take my money reaction.png

Keep doing this, Nintendo! I will gladly buy every last expansion you put out if it's of this quality! And if they fix ranked, one of the biggest gripes I and others have with the game, other games will cease to exist :P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
-Playable octolings <3

-paid dlc </3 ok

-in addition to paid peer2peer < . . . / . 3

They could have easily made profit with the first two
I refuse to let you all forget you're getting ripped off

Don't respond,
unless you're insecure and want to prove how good you are by pointing out the obvious fact that I'm over-reacting about an ultimately pointless video game.
I don't care if you agree/disagree

Just reminding you =/

(Don't worry, I'll come back pretending none of the paid online **** exists, as usual)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
-Playable octolings <3

-paid dlc </3 ok

-in addition to paid peer2peer < . . . / . 3

They could have easily made profit with the first two
I refuse to let you all forget you're getting ripped off

Don't respond,
unless yoy're insecure and want to prove how good you are by pointing out the obvious fact that I'm over-reacting about an ultimately pointless video game.
I don't care if you agree/disagree

Just reminding you =/

(Don't worry, I'll come back pretending none of the paid online **** exists, as usual)
Loot boxes exist, or would you seriously prefer all the sleazy tactics other competitive games (and AAA games in general) do? Yes, you are over-reacting and being a downer for no good reason, I know I've got a reputation for being cynical but this isn't the time. Let people have their hype, sheesh.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Pessimistically, I'm guessing any mention of a new Smash or Pokemon will just be a logo and speculated release window. Information on paid online and virtual console will be no more than a minute in length if not just a "Coming Soon [date]" line on text. And there'll be mention as to the fate of the 3DS and 3DS games appearing on the Switch. And they'll obviously have to talk about their new My Nintendo rewards change that just happened this week.

However, I'm sure there'll be a bit about the Labo coming next month. Maybe even some non-Labo accessories? Also, I don't know if I'll want it, but I'm interested in hearing more about that Mario tennis. It might surprise me. And they'll obviously provide updated info about games mentioned in previous Directs, but surely some new ones too.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna ready some popcorn because for me the best part of a Direct is the aftermath! Both the bad and good of it. =p
Wow, why you gotta be such a pessimist? Though you got some stuff right. xP

But hey look, they haven't forgotten about us playing ARMS still!

I'm a little upset though! I've been badly doodling an octohype post in-game for over a week and then we get this?! Now I'm gonna be all late and bandwagoning and squit...

At least that Dark Souls amiibo gave me a good laugh. And the Mario tennis looks like it'll be fun. I wonder if the tournament is a tournament or more like a test session, because I'm certain I'll be eliminated in the first round.

Surprised no mention of the paid online, but not as surprised at that Splatoon2 update just ticking of community wishlist items like a winning bingo card.

EDIT: Calling it now: that blue thing is Mr. Grizz and the Salmon Eggs are to power that train.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You'd think that in 2018 people would maybe finally know there's bad and good DLC? This looks substational enough for its price, probably cost them a good effort to make, and it's in addition to countless free updates and a game that I've already gotten hundreds of hours out of.

That falls flatly into good DLC territory, no discussion.

the

Inkling Commander
This game is getting:
-Triggerfish, Piranha Pit will return alongside a new Stage, Wahoo World! It looks like a carnival stage.
-More gear!
-A new branch of the story mode will be released as DLC, featuring an Octoling! Including...
-Playable Octolings!
-Announcement of a new Smash game, with inklings being playable!

I'm pretty hype right now!!

(in hindsight you're probably joking but that might have gone straight over my head lol)
I was joking bUT THANK U FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT TRIGGERFISH!!! THAT WAS THE FIRST SPLATOON THING THAT GOT ME HYPED AND IT ONLY GOT BETTER FROM THERE!!!!!!!!!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Triggerfish was the only thing in the direct that made me go 'no, not that one...'.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I really want the details of Rank X.

Edit: Didn’t want anyone thinking I’ll be good enough for this rank. I am notttt going to get close to that. But I gotta know.

the

Inkling Commander
Triggerfish was the only thing in the direct that made me go 'no, not that one...'.
I’m actually torn because while I love that stage when using weaps with range or beakons, shorter range stuff is an awful experience there. So maybe they could make some changes to make it safer to cross, at the expense of some beakon-abuse fun :p

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Also, new music. The music sounded quite like chirpy chirps, which I'll be happy to hear in S2

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I caved and bought the DLC already lol. Don’t think I’ll play as Octolings, not really my thing, but the campaign looks way better than the original one for this game. Also TRIGGERFISH IS BACK! <3<3<3<3<3 My precious beautiful map, even though it regrettably came with the announcement of Piranha Pit (an easy free spawn camp map, better be fixed up). The new gear is interesting, Cuttlegear brand, Ink Recovery Up headphones and an Ink Saver Main shirt, so fairly useful abilities here. I think people are missing something with their ears though, because it sounded like there was new multiplayer music playing during the 3.0 announcement. All in all a fantastic Direct, definitely picking up Mario Tennis Aces and I may give Smash another go, having only messed with Brawl casually (love item chaos, not sure on competitive) years ago and not playing Smash 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom