Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
We're at midweek, so it's time for all of us to guess that the new weapon is:

A. Tri Slosher Nouveau
B. Neo Splash-o-Matic
or
C. Custom Dualie Squelchers

And for all of us to be wrong because it's actually going to be something lame like the Neo Sploosh.

Anyway, my incorrect guess is going to be the Tri Slosher Nouveau because

chicken bomb rush.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Dang it! Tone of the conversation is changing before I could jump in and start demanding 1v1s (why is this even a thing!?) with my Tenta Brella.

"someone hold me back cuz I'll totes destory u skrubs!!"

Now, as for the weekly weapon release? Due to the obviously not serious (yes it is serious you fool!) Splatfest theme, it's either gotta be something with a autobomb launcher (TriSlosher Nouvea) or burst bomb launcher (Bamboozler MK II)!

This will be the final deciding factor as to whether I join Team Chicken Bomb Rush or Team Egg Bomb Rush!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Now, as for the weekly weapon release? Due to the obviously not serious (yes it is serious you fool!) Splatfest theme, it's either gotta be something with a autobomb launcher (TriSlosher Nouvea) or burst bomb launcher (Bamboozler MK II)!

This will be the final deciding factor as to whether I join Team Chicken Bomb Rush or Team Egg Bomb Rush!
I love this this idea. Either they give us both... OR... They delay the weapon release until AFTER Splatfest. The winning team decides the weapon. In which case, I will throw every Team Egg match to get that Tri-Slosher Nouvea in my hands.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Guesstimations from cross-referencing this list<<(warning, weapon kit spoilers) and this list . . .

I say sorella brella or zink mini
(custom dooly squelcheries would be cool too. . . light tetras would be awesome, but no chance x3)

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Wow you litterly did that just to disprove what I said as a joke XD

Edit: But in reality, the tenta is just to darn slow. If anyone knows of a way to be better with it plz tell me
I abuse the long range of it and use the tip of the shot to slow and splat people. If the person is slow moving, like a dynamo or a sniper, then I just run up to them after their shot and OHKO them. If there are more people or a long ranged weapon like a Jet Squelcher, then I open the shield and use the Bubble Blower to make a moving wall of doom.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I abuse the long range of it and use the tip of the shot to slow and splat people. If the person is slow moving, like a dynamo or a sniper, then I just run up to them after their shot and OHKO them. If there are more people or a long ranged weapon like a Jet Squelcher, then I open the shield and use the Bubble Blower to make a moving wall of doom.
My strategy consists of jumping onto them with the berella out near a edge and shoving them with the damage. It usually works. Like 75% of the time. Great odds, ammirite? Oh, and I patented this you can't use it :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
My strategy consists of jumping onto them with the berella out near a edge and shoving them with the damage. It usually works. Like 75% of the time. Great odds, ammirite? Oh, and I patented this you can't use it :p
Mine is a very unique strategy, I usually play very defensive, launching shield to protect teammates and clear a pathway, while setting up beacons (usually run sub up) and send in bubbles for extra protection.
When I do go offensive I either aim for a close up shot to ohko or I am to cover the turf under the. from above forcing them to have to move back and giving my falloff shots a better chance to splat.
*very effective in RM
Anyways hope this helps

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
My strategy consists of jumping onto them with the berella out near a edge and shoving them with the damage. It usually works. Like 75% of the time. Great odds, ammirite? Oh, and I patented this you can't use it :p
I was already using it for my Undercover Brella ;)

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I wouldn't be surprised if Team Chicken stomps Team Egg in this splatfest due to everyone just wanting to play with the white ink...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Sorry to go off topic, but I am curious about what they will reveal during the direct.
I feel there might be nods to splatoon 2, rabbids kingdom battle, and Arms
An update to Mario odyessy (due to datamined info)
Detective pikachu, mario tenis aces will likely be brought out here as well as upcoming 3rd party software.
But my biggest bet is that they might give a hint toward smash bros, I feel this is going to be the heavy hitter for E3 so I dob't expect it to be talked about....however with the eagerness if the community reaching a threshold and they most certainly know it, so I do hope that they throw us a bone to stave us until E3 come

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
We're at midweek, so it's time for all of us to guess that the new weapon is:

A. Tri Slosher Nouveau
B. Neo Splash-o-Matic
or
C. Custom Dualie Squelchers

And for all of us to be wrong because it's actually going to be something lame like the Neo Sploosh.

Anyway, my incorrect guess is going to be the Tri Slosher Nouveau because

chicken bomb rush.
We just got the Neo Machine and Tetra Dualies so I don't see Chicken Bucket or Custom Dualies happening anytime soon unfortunately. Neo Splash is a possibility though, I'd be down for that!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Pessimistically, I'm guessing any mention of a new Smash or Pokemon will just be a logo and speculated release window. Information on paid online and virtual console will be no more than a minute in length if not just a "Coming Soon [date]" line on text. And there'll be mention as to the fate of the 3DS and 3DS games appearing on the Switch. And they'll obviously have to talk about their new My Nintendo rewards change that just happened this week.

However, I'm sure there'll be a bit about the Labo coming next month. Maybe even some non-Labo accessories? Also, I don't know if I'll want it, but I'm interested in hearing more about that Mario tennis. It might surprise me. And they'll obviously provide updated info about games mentioned in previous Directs, but surely some new ones too.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna ready some popcorn because for me the best part of a Direct is the aftermath! Both the bad and good of it. =p

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not sure if Smash is really worth saving for E3 if it's just a port of Smash 4. Mario Tennis Aces will certainly be shown since that's the only title they talked about in the tweet announcing the Direct. I'm sure there will be plenty of nice surprises, as the 15-minute Mini Direct was already pretty jam-packed and this one's twice that. I'll be happy to see any form of indication of what to expect next out of Splatoon 2's updates.

Hyrule Warriors release date would be nice too.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I'm becoming more and more convinced as more time passes without word about Smash that Smash 4 isn't going to be ported to Switch. If it was a port, we'd have known by now. I would not at all be surprised if there is actually a new title

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I'm personally expecing the next Smash release to be Smash 5 as well.

I wouldn't mind that. That would make it a bit more special to me, like Brawl and Smash 4 were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom