Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh, knowing Splatoon 2, they will make some changes to it to make it a little less tedious. I know creating some pathway from one half to the other would be kind of against the idea of the stage, but that would be my ideal change. Maybe the middle can stay disconnected and they can make some additional pathway towards the edge of the stage, IDK. Whatever the case, it needs change if you ask me, but like Moray Towers, I'm sure they'll deliver on that.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit and no longer in fear of getting ninja'd, I'm going in a little bit more in-depth:

-New gear and new maps! The dreaded Gas Mask returns! Happy to see Triggerfish make a return, especially in the close-ranged meta we have now. The new map looks fun, but i have to try it out before making my judgement on it.
-Rank X looks interesting, wonder how it'll play out. Judging from the footage it'll work similar to the League ranking system, or at least I'll assume so. It'll probably also make S+ a little bit more consistent too, now that all the S+50 players are likely going straight to X.
-I'm really excited for the new Agent 8 campaign. The vanilla story left a lot to be desired, but now it'll look like we'll get some more answers alongside some new faces like that big blue isopod guy. Also Capt cuttlefish makes a much needed return did anyone remember him
-All I'm saying is that I'm going to switch to Octolings once I'll get the ability to do so.
-Inklings! In! Smash! Most predictable newcomer choice ever, but a very welcome last announcement! Judging from the font the new SSB game looks like a dolled-up instalment rather than a true sequel which is... pretty fine, to be honest. SSB has been pretty static, so as long as there'll be enough new stuff to come along with it I'll be down. I also love the animation in the announcement too, it was a joy to watch!
alright nintendo now where's waluigi

This was such an explosion of hype it literally blew everything else away from the direct! Like there was ports, a tennis game that has Waluigi in it, a game where you can let your Mii become a furry but everything else was a blur!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm a little bit ashamed to say this, but I won't be playing through Mario Tennis Aces as Waluigi as long as there is a friggin' Chain Chomp with a tennis racket in his mouth walking around.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
*collapses in a seizure from shock*

It’s almost like Nintendo listens to us at Squidboards... this is pretty much everything you guys ever wanted, isn’t it?

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Mahi Mahi may still be a far off dream but in the meantime I'm really hoping they don't muck with Camp Triggerfish by adding a central area and child-proofing the pitfalls.

Looking back, I'm surprised they made no further mention of the Off the Hook amiibos. But guessing by the expansion trailer they'll turn out to Agents 6 & 7 so our octoling can rightfully be Agent 8.

@Cyan, thanks for the heads up on what the early bonus of the DLC contains!

the

Inkling Commander
*collapses in a seizure from shock, then miraculously gets up a moment later to state my point*
It’s almost like Nintendo listens to us at Squidboards... this is pretty much everything you guys ever wanted, isn’t it?
HONESTLY YES. IM STILL SHAKING A LITTLE

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
The confidence in that trailer really shows how much the Splatoon team cares. A full-story-based stand-alone expansive....what year is this again? Splatoon isn't Nintendo jumping aboard the trendy-hero shooter train, it's Nintendo telling other companies to go back to the 1990's and make DLC that really shakes things up. Day one purchase. I'm so ready.

ALSO CALLIE IN HER AGENT GEAR FROM THE MANGA AHHHHH. Ok enough screaming. Splatoon clearly has a bright, bright future.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'll go one step further for you guys: here is a quick image of the gear (with red shoes to match :P). Yes it is in the Direct but an in-game render doesn't hurt:

Looks rather nice, I have plans for that shirt, never been a huge fan of the headphone gear though. Finally I had a quick recheck of the map footage, Triggerfish has a sponge and ink rail added down street (ink rail is on the mesh grating) and it looks like the rail can be used to swap sides, usually only available when flood gates get dropped. Piranha Pit has a more significant changes, and I'll grab stills tomorrw if no-one else has/done. Finally the alt Clash Blaster is in the Wahoo map footage and now has Burst Bombs, which will make it a rather annoying weapon to deal with.

Now I better get to sleep as it's half past midnight :P Have fun with hype and discussion of this latest news explosion!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Elecmaw
I had been examining the footage for the smash trailer, this is a sequel or at very least a complete overall.
- Look at link he's is in his Botw gear, likely he will have some of his ability reworked to have his tomes, smash attack, and some of his smash and special reworked to included some references to his game.
Zelda and even Gannon will also reworks as well.

- Again if the inklings are in the game, there will likely add more to the game which mean that it will definetly stand out from smash 4

-Bayonetta haters (I am not a fan, but a little less extreme), there are a patches and balance changes that need to be made so many character will not play the same as they did before

Windstar

Pro Squid
So this Octo Expansion is what Heaven feels like, huh... Too bad Heaven ain't my type of place...

*forms 8 with limbs while driving a motorcycle*

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So who is agent 5?
You telling me that squid in my Square with the occasional Splatverse post isn't the real Agent 5? (yeah... I miscounted... ¬¬; )

HI! I'm an edit! Anyone know if there were more details in the Japanese Direct as usual?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom