Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
@Green Waffles The picture isn't loading, and if you think you somehow make more negative posts about the game than I do, it would only be because I've been trying to restrain myself in order not to annoy the community. I have just as much fun ranting about the game as I do playing it, tbh. :rolleyes:

the

Inkling Commander
Hey, I just had a kind of weird idea for a way to buff the eliter. idk where to put it though, so I’ll dump it here.

Maybe instead of the normal-charger way the eliter works now, it could charge sort of like splatlings, where there are two wheels to fill up. The first wheel could take half or two-thirds of current charge time, and when charged would indicate that the eliter can shoot at its maximum range. Then the second wheel would increase the eliter’s damage (maybe there would be some damage increase during the first charge-wheel as well, similarly to how the splatlings’ range/firing-time wheels operate). This kind of buff could make it possible to pick off people with the eliter’s maximum range, but still have a full charge necessary for a 1-hit KO. This could also make it possible to contend with the standard splat charger, because the eliter’s current slow charge time means it cannot use its range well enough to contend with the splatterscope, a faster charger that it only outranges a little bit.

Feel free to offer feedback/opinions/tell me why this is the stupidest idea ever and would do nothing for the eliter’s viability.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey, I just had a kind of weird idea for a way to buff the eliter. idk where to put it though, so I’ll dump it here.

Maybe instead of the normal-charger way the eliter works now, it could charge sort of like splatlings, where there are two wheels to fill up. The first wheel could take half or two-thirds of current charge time, and when charged would indicate that the eliter can shoot at its maximum range. Then the second wheel would increase the eliter’s damage (maybe there would be some damage increase during the first charge-wheel as well, similarly to how the splatlings’ range/firing-time wheels operate). This kind of buff could make it possible to pick off people with the eliter’s maximum range, but still have a full charge necessary for a 1-hit KO. This could also make it possible to contend with the standard splat charger, because the eliter’s current slow charge time means it cannot use its range well enough to contend with the splatterscope, a faster charger that it only outranges a little bit.

Feel free to offer feedback/opinions/tell me why this is the stupidest idea ever and would do nothing for the eliter’s viability.
Actually this sounds pretty reasonable, though I feel it would better instead of increasing the max damage, it would amazing if it woupd increase that range to the 3k range, affording it the ability to have a decent balance to the ridiculous range it once had with patience and a small skill ceiling to make it an enjoyable challenge with a slightly risk for a huge reward.
It most likely won't work out that way due to it being essier to simply buff the range or charge speed

On another subject Chicken won (yay)
Overall I have enjoyed this splatfest alot the stage was unique and honestly fun to play, the only problem I had was I wish you could superjump back into the areas to contest cause you spent half the match just trying to get to and hold those zones.

Plus Pearl's dialouge after her victory was priceless

Next spaltfest I'd love to teamup with some of you guys and meme a little in squads...:D

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Actually this sounds pretty reasonable, though I feel it would better instead of increasing the max damage, it would amazing if it woupd increase that range to the 3k range, affording it the ability to have a decent balance to the ridiculous range it once had with patience and a small skill ceiling to make it an enjoyable challenge with a slightly risk for a huge reward.
Love this idea. I’d even love it if the first circle was just a little faster than a splat charger but did 100 damage at, say, SSP range. Second circle takes a tiny bit longer than current eliter but is also at a bit longer than the current eliter range. Third circle takes a hella long time, but the range is extreme. This could make this weapon very unique.

As for the Splatfest map. It gave me an idea for a mode I would LOVE that mixes this map’s idea with splat zones.

Two teams compete to control three different zones, but the zones don’t count down. Instead, at the minute mark, a container slowly descends on one zone (and will take until 1:45 to fully drop). At the 2 minute mark, a container descends on the second zone (takes until 2:45 to fully drop).

At this point, a KO is in play IF one team controls both zones without any opposing team players or squid beacons within either of the first two zones.

You see, the goal of the game is to control two of the three zones.

So if a KO hasn’t occurred yet, the container for the third zone will begin to drop at the 3 minute mark (until the 3:45 mark). The game ends when one team takes control of two zones without any possibility of the other team taking any two of the zones.

Could be cool. Hopefully that made sense. I’d love to have like a few more splat zones-type variants.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Kek
Giant gamecubes n CDs

Training off the shifty station talk
watching the octo expansion trailer again made me think
Shifty station where the whole map(or at least 90%), minus the spawn platform, rotates?

. . . Probably not xP
While that would be one of the sickest maps ever, I'm not sure how one could score that for turf war xP.

Bobsaget

Inkling
It's nice to see Callie back to some capacity, although I wish her (and Marie) weren't just confined to Octo Valley. I'm really hoping new dialog will be added during the levels to accommodate Callie, at least.
I love that idea. I don't think they'll go that far with it, sadly. I think the most it will be is she will appear with Marie in each hub, although it would be weird for her to appear in the last hub. Does Marie even appear in the last hub? I don't recall her being there. They are pretty vague with what it actually is. The dialogue we have is "If you play nice, I'll drop some knowledge about Agent 4 form Marie's Factopedia!" Sounds like it's just another way of seeing the stats that you already can see much easier elsewhere. Would have been awesome if it was some sort of developer's commentary feature that you could find throughout each stage. Either way, I'm just happy to see Callie smile again. That alone is enough to make it my favorite game update ever. It's the small things that often matter most.

Hopefully their plans aren't done and the Squid Sisters can make some Splatfest appearances in the future!

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Considering the Squid Sisters are practically the mascots for Splatoon (i.e. Cash money for Nintendo) I would expect them to eventually return in a major way. If Callie's addition is anything to go by, They're well aware of the SS's popularity and are looking to use the characters more. The recent live show is another example of this. (I would not be surprised if new Callie and Marie Amiibo are in development for possibly next summer, as the old ones have yet to be re-shipped and compared to the new S2 ones, They're frankly looking outdated.) Remember, these things take time. The focus right now is entirely on the Octo campaign. It's concurrent to the S2 campaign, so the SS will most likely have little screen time, if any. We'll see much more of Off the Hook, Agent 3, Cuttlefish, and the Octolings of course. Once that's past, they'll most likely use the SS for some future project.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I would not shed a single tear if the Squid Sisters replaced every single roll of Off the Hook and Off the Hook was never to be seen again, tbh.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I love them both. Initially I hated the idea of replacing SS, but OtH are different and unique in their own way. I've warmed up to Pearl's immaturity and Maria's weird sense of self-deprecating sometimes fourth-wall breaking humor. Giving the SS the entire single player campaign was a risky fun idea, I liked seeing Nintendo using the SS in a more serious situation without the boundaries of having them as the stage announcers. Marie's commentary in the campaign was golden, and some of Treehouse's best writing to date. (I still love that phone conversation between Marie and Evil Callie.) Hey, if the new DLC is as dialouge heavy as Octo Valley, Pearl and Marina are going to be amazingly hysterical as level-banter.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
SplatoonJP has released 2 snippets of songs being added to Version 3.0 next month from the Chirpy Chips!

Japanese names for the songs are Chip Damage and Battery Full, with Chip Damage being the first song played in the Direct when teasing 3.0 and Rank X. I like both of these songs personally, I love the chiptune style this fictitious band uses and at the same time still retains the Splatoon feel. Chip Damage is the one I prefer by a lot, but they’re both distinct and pleasant to listen too. A shame most of Wet Floor’s song don’t have identity and distinction to stand apart though. I’m hopeful for another 2 songs to be hidden away from Hightide Era, but with not much else said yet I’m doubtful (the last 2 bands added were announced on Twitter together).

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Not related to anything, but I do want to say that I'm loving how the clash blaster feels after the recent adjustments to it in the last patch. It's finally the gun I thought we were getting when I saw it in the S2 pre-release videos. It's such a rad gun and feels almost unfair at times when you throw a bunch of run speed on it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Thanks @Cyan! The music in the version 3.0 trailer sounded soooo familiar, but I didn't want to get my hopes up that we'd have returning bands.

Wow, they really are ticking items off everyone's wishlist.

Reactions: the

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
SplatoonJP has released 2 snippets of songs being added to Version 3.0 next month from the Chirpy Chips!

Japanese names for the songs are Chip Damage and Battery Full, with Chip Damage being the first song played in the Direct when teasing 3.0 and Rank X. I like both of these songs personally, I love the chiptune style this fictitious band uses and at the same time still retains the Splatoon feel. Chip Damage is the one I prefer by a lot, but they’re both distinct and pleasant to listen too. A shame most of Wet Floor’s song don’t have identity and distinction to stand apart though. I’m hopeful for another 2 songs to be hidden away from Hightide Era, but with not much else said yet I’m doubtful (the last 2 bands added were announced on Twitter together).
Thank you for bringing back this band, Nintendo. Say what you will about the others, Chirpy Chips are easily my favorite Splatoon band. I really wish they had more than just 4 songs across the 2 games.

On another note, they better have all 4 of their songs in Smash Switch on the Splatoon stage.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's weird to me that in a world with old-school technology floating around, among those things are GCNs and CDs. The CGN is, granted, 3 consoles ago for Nintendo, so it's as if you'd have an NES in a GCN game, which would definitely feel retro to me, but it's from this friggin' century. You can still use the controllers on current systems!

And CDs...well, they're still the most current physical media for music and if you're watching a Blu-Ray movie or playing on a PS4/XB1, you're using something similar to it. Hell, I still get all my music on CDs.
I would not shed a single tear if the Squid Sisters replaced every single roll of Off the Hook and Off the Hook was never to be seen again, tbh.
BOOOOO!!!

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
It's weird to me that in a world with old-school technology floating around, among those things are GCNs and CDs. The CGN is, granted, 3 consoles ago for Nintendo, so it's as if you'd have an NES in a GCN game, which would definitely feel retro to me, but it's from this friggin' century. You can still use the controllers on current systems!

And CDs...well, they're still the most current physical media for music and if you're watching a Blu-Ray movie or playing on a PS4/XB1, you're using something similar to it. Hell, I still get all my music on CDs.
I'd guess the majority of Splatoon players are 15-25, so GCN hits the perfect nostalgia mark. Also I find the romantization of CDs hilarious. Back in the day, Nintendo thought CDs were the plague. With the Switch bringing Nintendo to download and catridges, they most likely see CDs as a thing of the past.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Nowadays I only ever use CDs in my car when I'm feeling too lazy to pull music up on my phone (I have maybe 5 music CD's)... whereas when I was a kid, CDs were the only way to do anything, which is largely replaced by digital downloads. Even on my PlayStation, I own zero CDs for it.

but it's from this friggin' century
If we're measuring by the century, I guess WWII and swing dancing are fairly modern

Also, did anyone notice the alt tenta brella in the Octo Expansion trailer? Looking forward to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom