Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Fun little tweet nintendo shared of what could've been.
Rabbitoon... Coming in May 2020

Thought we still we wanted inklings and octolings? Well they're no more, cause now we have rabbits. They're fluffy. that's about it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
At least there are some obvious ideas for future gear. Mario-franchise and rabbit themed outfits.
o.0 is that Yoshi inked or puking?
Rabbitoon... Coming in May 2020

Thought we still we wanted inklings and octolings? Well they're no more, cause now we have rabbits. They're fluffy. that's about it.
Playable hares when?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Wow, the Mario models look like my average classic session of Garry's Mod. Tofu Blocks, Rabbits, Mario...it was a long and worthwhile journey to arguably one of Nintendo's greatest character designs.

The gameplay of Splatoon seemed to be pretty spot-on from the start, but the characters had a long evolution that certainly paid off. Nintendo usually keeps development under-wraps, seeing all these images surface officially is so neat to see. Taking their time with the game's art style was worth it. I'm just so happy these cartoon squids exist.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
It's Thursday, so it's time to guess the weapon of the week. In the past, I wrongly guessed tri-slosher, but with the chicken bomb rush nixed, my heart lies elsewhere this week. I'm guessing the neo splash o matic.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Doesn’t matter for me, all my weapons already have decos.

...Bamboozler is what we’ll probably ACTUALLY get...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
With Chicken Bucket dead, CRB losing Burst Bombs, alt Clash not actually having Burst Bombs, the only weapons left I'm really looking forward to be the alt Squeezer, Dualie Squelchers, and Undercover (Splat Bombs ftw!). Just gonna hope for one of those three every week until Sheldon's picks gets confirmed.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Only thing I’m rly interested in atm is ZiMi.... but I’d say it’s likely we get carbon roller deco.

Also if they do sheldons picks I hope they do inkbrush or other generally-bad main weapon with burst bombs and inkstorm. Dynamo would be interesting with burst bombs... and there probably wouldn’t be a concern about burst canceling making it OP like it might other rollers

I will hope and dream until we get confirmation that sheldons picks are even happening :’ )

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
New squiffer....I have been waiting so long, Nintendo let me havr this win plz, I will be so happy once this is in the game.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Only thing I’m rly interested in atm is ZiMi.... but I’d say it’s likely we get carbon roller deco.

Also if they do sheldons picks I hope they do inkbrush or other generally-bad main weapon with burst bombs and inkstorm. Dynamo would be interesting with burst bombs... and there probably wouldn’t be a concern about burst canceling making it OP like it might other rollers

I will hope and dream until we get confirmation that sheldons picks are even happening :’ )
Sheldon's Picks happened the first time because the game sold really well iirc. Splatoon 2 has already outsold the original, it's safe to say they'll be doing it again, especially since they plan to release 7 weapons at the start of each month beginning in May, but there'll only be 11 weapons left.

They need to give the Slosher back it's Burst Bombs! Eh naw, for the most part only the Splattershot is allowed to have powerful Burst combos apparently, but there is the patented Slosh-Ball combo so I'm not complaining. Dynamo with Burst Bombs would be quite good, not just for Flick-Burst combos but also mobility, so it's probably not gonna happen lel.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Sheldon's Picks happened the first time because the game sold really well iirc. Splatoon 2 has already outsold the original, it's safe to say they'll be doing it again, especially since they plan to release 7 weapons at the start of each month beginning in May, but there'll only be 11 weapons left.

They need to give the Slosher back it's Burst Bombs! Eh naw, for the most part only the Splattershot is allowed to have powerful Burst combos apparently, but there is the patented Slosh-Ball combo so I'm not complaining. Dynamo with Burst Bombs would be quite good, not just for Flick-Burst combos but also mobility, so it's probably not gonna happen lel.
Splattershot AND the splash-o-matic, you mean.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Splattershots, tri slosher, L-3 nozzlehose D, splasho'matic and mini splatling...

Honestly I do feel that some changes need to be made to burst bombs, they are just too good in both versions of the game...they just take to little ink and can be burst cancelled to deal tons of burst damahe that a player can't really react to.

So far they idea limit the weapon that have it, but I feel they just need to patch the burst bomb itself so it isn't so overpowered...and buff inkmine

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Splattershots, tri slosher, L-3 nozzlehose D, splasho'matic and mini splatling...

Honestly I do feel that some changes need to be made to burst bombs, they are just too good in both versions of the game...they just take to little ink and can be burst cancelled to deal tons of burst damahe that a player can't really react to.

So far they idea limit the weapon that have it, but I feel they just need to patch the burst bomb itself so it isn't so overpowered...and buff inkmine
It's funny to me that they took them off weapons like the clash blaster and range blaster where they would have been the most fair compared to the current weapons with them, but they think it's okay for the splattershot to destroy people with them. I know they did increase the ink consumption on bursts once, but it probably wasn't quite enough.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
It was in the same patch notes on Reddit that was linked to earlier. I was surprised too by the amount.

And yeah, I have no doubt Sheldon's Picks or whatever the Splatoon 2 equivalent will be will hit soon-ish.

I kinda wonder if they're again going to claim they're gonna be 3rd versions of weapons that are underused and then it's still going to have like the Splattershot and the Zapper.
Not all third variants are bad. The Permanent Inkbrush was great in S1

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I wouldn't say the Neo has a powerful combo with Burst Bombs, whereas Splattershot has Splashdown for AoE cheese. Outside of that, no weapons in this game have such consistent n easy 1-2-kill with Burst Bombs like the Grim Range, Carbon, Slosher, and Bamboozler MKIII did in the first game, as well as really any Burst Bomb weapon using damage up. The next closest equivalent in Splatoon 2 is Tri-Slosher but it only works if you get a direct hit so no AoE cheese, actual aim is required.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Been a while since we've had a non-shooter of any stripe. So maybe the next carbon or the vegetarian tri-slosher.

...Bamboozler is what we’ll probably ACTUALLY get...
Oooh~, please be still my beating heart!

Such a beautiful thing can only be ruined by the fact that I'm on the road this weekend yet again. T_T

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not all third variants are bad. The Permanent Inkbrush was great in S1
Well, I don't think I ever called them bad, did I? In fact, during the final moments of S1, pretty much all I played was Refurbished and Wasabi.
All I'm saying is that when it comes to bringing more attention to unloved weapons, they kinda failed.

the

Inkling Commander
Well, I don't think I ever called them bad, did I? In fact, during the final moments of S1, pretty much all I played was Refurbished and Wasabi.
All I'm saying is that when it comes to bringing more attention to unloved weapons, they kinda failed.
And some of them, while having nice designs, had kinda..... weird sets. Like the soda slosher and the corocoro roller

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom