Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't really see the problem with the Soda Slosher, but a Roller with Splashwall isn't my idea of fun either.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well, I don't think I ever called them bad, did I? In fact, during the final moments of S1, pretty much all I played was Refurbished and Wasabi.
All I'm saying is that when it comes to bringing more attention to unloved weapons, they kinda failed.
Actually alot of the weapons from the sheldons pick were kinda great, I remember the grim range, (the op) cherry H-3, the berry splattershot pro, and the Fresh Squiffer, nzap 83, and the sploosh o matic 7

Plus there was The Bamboozler MK III which had burst bombs, and the bento splatcharger which was the S1 version of the firefin splatcharger

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh man I really hope they bring the Soda Slosher back, the design is too good! Of course it'll need to have a different kit. I'm probably the only one who actually wants to have Ink Mines hehe. The 35 dmg and tagging synergize well with a 70 dmg weapon that can hit behind stuff. I wouldn't mind Squid Beacons instead though. If they do indeed use the Soda for the Slosher's 3rd variant then the special has to be Bubble Blower, otherwise Nintendo is crazy!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I like that the Sheldon Picks sets were a little weird. That's what made them so cool. Then again, I'm always a fan of anything idiosyncratic -- books, movies, music; Splatoon weapons. Even if the idiosyncrasies aren't for me, I respect the weird too much not to like strange stuff as an *idea.*

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
My day-glow 90's punk shooter can't be complete without weapons that are soda and berry-flavored.
J
Just look at this 1993 Super Soaker nightmare. I love it.

Also, are we getting a new weapon this weekend? I know new weapon's are being released as large packs now, but that's post-3.0, right?

the

Inkling Commander
I like that the Sheldon Picks sets were a little weird. That's what made them so cool. Then again, I'm always a fan of anything idiosyncratic -- books, movies, music; Splatoon weapons. Even if the idiosyncrasies aren't for me, I respect the weird too much not to like strange stuff as an *idea.*
Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved using the sheldon’s picks weapon. My last “main” in splatoon 1 was the corocoro roller (so i secretly kinda like the vanilla flingza’s kit LOL)

It’s just that usually the weird stuff was objectively worse than pretty much anything else. It was a nice challenge, but tbh I feel like splat 2 has the opposite problem. Most weapons don’t have kits that jive with them, probably to keep them “balanced”. (rip custom range blaster) But this means that usually the better main weapons become op, and a lot of the meta weapons are the only weapons whose kits actually complement the weapon. So from this game’s hypothetical sheldon’s picks I’d like to see some... idk, some weapons that feel fluid and fun to use, bc imo there aren’t enough of those

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm thinking we should get two more weekly weapon releases to close out the month, then we're left to wait for the 3.0 update. But then I'm only speculating.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved using the sheldon’s picks weapon. My last “main” in splatoon 1 was the corocoro roller (
I often had fun with the CoroCoroCoroCoroCoroCoroCoroCo*moves record needle*orCoro Roller, but then most find me a fool as is. ¬¬;

Maave

Inkling Commander
Oh don’t get me wrong, I loved using the sheldon’s picks weapon. My last “main” in splatoon 1 was the corocoro roller (so i secretly kinda like the vanilla flingza’s kit LOL)

It’s just that usually the weird stuff was objectively worse than pretty much anything else. It was a nice challenge, but tbh I feel like splat 2 has the opposite problem. Most weapons don’t have kits that jive with them, probably to keep them “balanced”. (rip custom range blaster) But this means that usually the better main weapons become op, and a lot of the meta weapons are the only weapons whose kits actually complement the weapon. So from this game’s hypothetical sheldon’s picks I’d like to see some... idk, some weapons that feel fluid and fun to use, bc imo there aren’t enough of those
Yeah. A lot of the fun of those weapons was knowing that they were mediocre and rolling with it. It was a fun challenge and I didn't get salty when I lost because I could blame it on the weapon

Reactions: the

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah. A lot of the fun of those weapons was knowing that they were mediocre and rolling with it. It was a fun challenge and I didn't get salty when I lost because I could blame it on the weapon
What weapons are you referring to when you say mediocre, cause irrc almost every weapon in Sheldon's picks got a great kit. Bombs, Inkzookas, and Krakens galore! The Mini though was redundant having the same kit as another very similar main weapon in Splattershot, and Splash Wall on Roller is unsynergistic, but otherwise solid kits. Bombs/Inkzooka/Kraken work well on anything afterall! Though I hope this time they're more diverse and creative with their kits like my Soda Slosher example.

Cyan

Inkling Commander

Pretty happy with this one releasing all things considered. Don’t expect Neo Splash any time soon because it’s the last conventional shooter to release and we still have numerous dualies, blasters and brellas to burn through first. Same goes for the Tri Slosher Nouveau, last bucket to release.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Well, here's this:

Edit: Ahhhh, got beat to it. Props to the post above me.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
And some of them, while having nice designs, had kinda..... weird sets. Like the soda slosher and the corocoro roller
Now you’ve brought up corocoro, I’m remembering when in the original I didn’t quite know how to play yet... it’s all I ever used. Fun times.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nice. It'll be good to have some variety, since both Mini kits are good and it's one of my most played weapons.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
My day-glow 90's punk shooter can't be complete without weapons that are soda and berry-flavored.
J
Just look at this 1993 Super Soaker nightmare. I love it.

Also, are we getting a new weapon this weekend? I know new weapon's are being released as large packs now, but that's post-3.0, right?
We are getting the Zink Mini Splatling this weekend. Since I am a Mini main I am interested about new strategies. I am not that excited, because the kit (which by the way is Curling Bomb and Ink Storm) I don’t feel like it compliments it well. First time both that sub and special has been on a Splatling

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer

Pretty happy with this one releasing all things considered. Don’t expect Neo Splash any time soon because it’s the last conventional shooter to release and we still have numerous dualies, blasters and brellas to burn through first. Same goes for the Tri Slosher Nouveau, last bucket to release.
Have to say though it looks amazing for a variant

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I just played my first game ever as a mini and I kind of love it. Now I'm pumped. All hail the mini and its changeling variants.

EDIT: For those who are really into this gun, it seems like burst bombs are perfect for it. Is there any use for the curling bombs over burst? I kind of don't see the point of curling bombs on it.

Last edited:

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I just played my first game ever as a mini and I kind of love it. Now I'm pumped. All hail the mini and its changeling variants.

EDIT: For those who are really into this gun, it seems like burst bombs are perfect for it. Is there any use for the curling bombs over burst? I kind of don't see the point of curling bombs on it.
@Spaceswitchmars
Nice to see some other people who enjoy playing the Mini. I main it myself. I don’t think curling bombs are going to be helpful, but it can help make early pushes.
I also made a guide if you want to check it out:
https://squidboards.com/guides/mini-splatling-guide.275/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom